OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

/\ that really happened...
laugh.gif

dude has 2 bad weeks and they tryna let him go haha... they have plenty of forwards, even with Jumbo on the way out in a cpl seasons

Coutoure, Clowe, Marleau, Pavelski... whatta buncha idiots

Niemi will be fine but sucks tryna be the guy n u have a bad week and theres rumors of them trading you
30t6p3b.gif

if I were Philly I woulda done that deal twice and let Bryz slide in the offseason... if he gets it together here down the stretch theyll getta nice return

Bobs the future tho

Bryz contract tho is
sick.gif
... compared to Niemi anyway

i wouldn't trade JVR for him
laugh.gif
 jmo, he's not that much than Bryz.
despite his contract, i think the flyers can get something if he wants out (MNC). he's not a bad goalie but i think the philly media/hype got to him, plus i don't think lavy's system isn't helping.

i just want to see nash, or iggy moved. minor moves<<<

What the hell? Caps have a glaring hole at center, and they do NOTHING????!!!????

Wow.

I'm really shocked that they didn't do anything.

/\ i guess not even management believes Ovi can carry that team...

droppin a bomb on the roster this summer?

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

witnessmycam...what are your thoughts on zanon?
Dude does a lot of the little things and the dirty work such as shot blocking and just taking the body. Very much a "stay at home" defensemen but offensivly he wasnt producing for us at least. 
We have no type of Blue line offense.. and Wild are now just completely changing our defense.

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

witnessmycam...what are your thoughts on zanon?
Dude does a lot of the little things and the dirty work such as shot blocking and just taking the body. Very much a "stay at home" defensemen but offensivly he wasnt producing for us at least.
gotcha. thanks.

^Gordo is pretty much as good as it gets for an AHL player. Great scorer down there, not much of an NHL-er though.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

/\ i guess not even management believes Ovi can carry that team...

droppin a bomb on the roster this summer?

I gotta think so....if there is ever a time for Ovechkin to put the team on his back (doe), it's right now. 

And for a GM whose job is on the line, he's putting all his faith in the current roster with the hopes it can make a deep run. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What the hell? Caps have a glaring hole at center, and they do NOTHING????!!!????

Wow.

I'm really shocked that they didn't do anything.

Yea, especially after moving Backstrom to long-term IR.  Maybe GM GM is just biding his time for the offseason.  I really thought he'd try to move Semin.

I'm ok with us moving Oduya, we have depth on defense and he's been a turnover machine this year. And while I'd have liked us to get forward draft pick are good too cause we could use the depth.

Big game against Edmonton tonight, hopefully we can get 2 points to keep pace with Florida

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I can almost guarantee new coach or not, next season, Mike Richards will be the Kings captain.

i dont get it...besides reputation, is there some behind the scenes reason why Richards would be a better captain than Brown? Dustin may not be a star, and he's relatively young, but he seems like the kind of hard nosed blue collar guy you want leading your team.

Richards is that character guy, he's the vocal leader.  Brownie is the one ice leader.  Gotta have both IMO.  And yeah, by reputation is another reason why Richards will wear the C. 
With that said, I agree with you on all the above, but that's just the feeling I'm getting, that he's not gonna be wearing the C next year.  We'll see.  

One thing for sure, I don't wanna see Dustin wearing another jersey, other than the Kings. 

rolston and mottau in the lineup tonight. zanon just got here this afternoon so he'll sit tonight out and play thursday. excited to see what these guys bring to the table.

Originally Posted by frink85

I can almost guarantee new coach or not, next season, Mike Richards will be the Kings captain.

i dont get it...besides reputation, is there some behind the scenes reason why Richards would be a better captain than Brown? Dustin may not be a star, and he's relatively young, but he seems like the kind of hard nosed blue collar guy you want leading your team.

Richards is that character guy, he's the vocal leader.  Brownie is the one ice leader.  Gotta have both IMO.  And yeah, by reputation is another reason why Richards will wear the C. 
With that said, I agree with you on all the above, but that's just the feeling I'm getting, that he's not gonna be wearing the C next year.  We'll see.  

One thing for sure, I don't wanna see Dustin wearing another jersey, other than the Kings. 

hmm i guess so. im not too up on the behind the scenes/locker room/on ice conversations but at the same time I can see that Brownie's that way and a vocal leader is needed more.

And I also want him to stay for the long haul, and apparently he does too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom