OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by Solemate96

I've been reading some articles about Dustin Brown coming to The Bruins. I think he's a great player and someone that could help the team with the physicality. He's got good hands and can score goals. I just don't know who PC would trade for him. I already like our core group of forwards.
I love Dustin Brown, just not as our Captain.   Solid physical player, the type of guy you want on your side, and capable of scoring 15-20 goals a season too.  Plus he comes super cheap!!!!
If it was up to me, I would not trade him at all.  

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Solemate96

I've been reading some articles about Dustin Brown coming to The Bruins. I think he's a great player and someone that could help the team with the physicality. He's got good hands and can score goals. I just don't know who PC would trade for him. I already like our core group of forwards.
I love Dustin Brown, just not as our Captain.   Solid physical player, the type of guy you want on your side, and capable of scoring 15-20 goals a season too.  Plus he comes super cheap!!!!
If it was up to me, I would not trade him at all.  
Most recent reports have suggested that Lombardi has taken Brown off the market.

Devils acquire Zidlicky from Wild
The New Jersey Devils gave their blue line a boost on Friday by acquiring veteran defensemanMarek Zidlicky from the Minnesota Wild for three players and draft picks after Zidlicky waived his no-trade clause.

The Wild will receive defenseman Kurtis Foster, forwards Nick Palmieri and Stephane Veilleux, as well as a second-round pick in 2012 that the Devils previously acquired from Washington and a conditional third-round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft. The Wild will get that pick if the Devils make the Eastern Conference Finals this spring and Zidlicky plays in 75 percent of New Jersey's games in the first two rounds.

8469623.jpg

MAREK ZIDLICKY

DEFENSE - NJD

GOALS: 0 | ASST: 14 | PTS: 14
SOG: 50 | : -6
Foster and Zidlicky were both scratched from their teams' games on Friday night.

Zidlicky, 35, had been unhappy with the Wild and had said he'd be willing to waive his no-trade clause to facilitate a move after he and coach Mike Yeo expressed dissatisfaction with each other. Zidlicky had an assist in Thursday's 3-2 shootout win at Florida and has no goals but 14 assists in 41 games this season. He is fourth all-time in scoring among Wild defensemen with 25 goals and 97 assists for 122 points in 241 games.

In his career, Zidlicky has 60 goals and 238 assists, along with 496 penalty minutes, in 548 games. He has one more season remaining on his contract with a cap hit of $4.0 million.

The key to the deal for the Wild appears to be Palmieri, a forward who was originally selected by the Devils in the third round of the 2007 NHL Draft. The 22-year-old has yet to play a full season in the NHL but has 13 goals and 12 assists for 25 points in 78 games -- including four goals and three assists in 29 games with the Devils this season.

8468520.jpg

KURTIS FOSTER

DEFENSE - MIN

GOALS: 4 | ASST: 10 | PTS: 14
SOG: 70 | : -14
The other two players are returning to the Wild. Veilleux was drafted by Minnesota in the third round of the 2001 NHL Draft and played 361 games during six seasons in Minnesota, totaling 43 goals and 47 assists. He still ranks eighth all time in games played in Minnesota. Since leaving the Wild as a free agent after the 2008-09 season, Veilleux played one season in Tampa Bay before splitting last year between SM-liiga in Finland and the Swiss League. He signed with New Jersey last summer and has spent the season with the AHL Devils, scoring 11 goals and adding 11 assists,

Foster spent four seasons with the Wild from 2005-09. He became the first Wild player to score his first two NHL goals in the same game when he made his Wild debut in 2005. He went on to post 10 goals and 18 assists in 58 games that season.  After suffering a horrific leg injury in 2008, Foster worked his way back to appear in 10 games at the end of the 2009 season. That offseason he signed with the Tampa Bay Lightning, and has since played in Edmonton, Anaheim and New Jersey.

Foster started this season in Anaheim, playing nine games with a goal and an assist. He was later traded to New Jersey where he played 28 games and chipped in three goals and nine assists. He is just coming off a back injury

Foster and Veilleux will be unrestricted free agents this summer; Palmieri will be a restricted free agent.

Cool. We'll take it MOS DEF! Good riddance....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 I wouldve been happy w/ a 2nd rounder 
laugh.gif

But damn, Devils gave us all that for Zid? Wild came out nice 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I can almost guarantee new coach or not, next season, Mike Richards will be the Kings captain.

i dont get it...besides reputation, is there some behind the scenes reason why Richards would be a better captain than Brown? Dustin may not be a star, and he's relatively young, but he seems like the kind of hard nosed blue collar guy you want leading your team.

That Hemshe contract 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Also the NTCs on Carter and Richards activate after this season? 
nerd.gif

With Wolski moving to Florida for a bucket of pucks, it looks like Nash to NYR is inevitable.

Also, Ballard being placed on the long-term IR sets up a move for the Canucks. Ott, perhaps?

The Rangers are doing so well, it's kind of crazy to think they'd make such a major move that would no doubt effect chemistry. 

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

The Rangers are doing so well, it's kind of crazy to think they'd make such a major move that would no doubt effect chemistry. 

..yeah i'm saying.
And Malkin is just a on tear. That goal was filthy. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Top 5 penalty kill and bottom 5 power play. Unless Lundqvist is standing on his head throughout the playoffs, that isn't going to cut it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom