OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Congrats to the Caps fans.

I've always liked Ovechkin, so, this doesn't hurt too bad.

I just hope Vegas doesn't fall of a cliff next year and miss the playoffs or something.

Congrats to the Caps fans.

I've always liked Ovechkin, so, this doesn't hurt too bad.

I just hope Vegas doesn't fall of a cliff next year and miss the playoffs or something.

I promise you they won't. They've got too good of a foundation and the assets to go out and get better this summer. Luckily there are some studs on the market too. (Karlsson/Carlson/Tavares)

Also gotta remember they play in the worst division in hockey. The Oilers can't stop sucking. The Flames reek of mediocrity. The Kings and Ducks are sinking ships. Arizona and Vancouver are rebuilding. San Jose is really the only safe bet to make the playoffs.

Yea, they'll probably be fine.

I'm just stunned VGK got rolled in 5 after destroying WPG in 5 and I'm not thinking clearly, :lol:

At least it was Washington and not Tampa, I don't give a single damn about anyone on Tampa.

If VGK doesn't get Erik Karlsson, I'll be a little upset.

Especially after seeing our D play like total garbage for this entire series.

Only true DC sports fans will get it, but where can I get my Pelly-Smith get that stanley jersey? Fanatics won't let me customize with a hyphen ... Will CapOne have the printing press in full swing for the public some day soon?

Imagine if Ovechkin left the caps and joined the penguins like Kevin Durant. :lol:

I can't imagine lifting the cup under those circumstances would have felt as sweet.

Congrats to the Caps and their fans. I know my boy jjs07 jjs07 is happy. I was out there last night and it was good to see the city celebrate like it did.

Still can't wrap my head around this championship. I honestly thought their window was closed. This was an up and down season despite scoring over 100 points. I actually was in favor of giving Trotz the ax because of how part of the season unfolded. There were ZERO expectations for me when the playoffs rolled around. This is the life of a battered DC sports fan....especially of the Caps. You just wait for the letdown. However, that never happened. This team faced adversity in each round, but figured a way to overcome it.

Let me say this about Ovechkin. He's my all-time favorite athlete in DC. He's a legend in his sport. We have stars around the city in guys like Wall, Harper, etc...but I'm talking strictly being a LEGEND. However, for him not to end up in the conversation with guys like Barkley or Marino, he needed to win a cup. Being there from the jump in the Ovechkin era, you just got spoiled by the excitement and figured that a Stanley Cup win would be a foregone conclusion. However, that never came. IMO, this is the hardest trophy to win in each of the 4 major sports. I really think, barring a miracle, this is going to be it for the Caps championship window. But you know what, I'm ok with it. Whatever happens, happens from this point forward. I'm so happy for this franchise, the players, the fans, and the city of DC. It's been a long time coming, and I'm going to enjoy the hell outta this parade on Tuesday.

*Superstition... :lol:

During the finals, we started winning when I folded laundry between the 1st and 2nd periods, when my wife knocked out on the couch, and when I wore the same pajamas for a week straight w/o washing them. Nasty, but we do it because of the cup :lol: What a ride, man.

I promise you they won't. They've got too good of a foundation and the assets to go out and get better this summer. Luckily there are some studs on the market too. (Karlsson/Carlson/Tavares)

Also gotta remember they play in the worst division in hockey. The Oilers can't stop sucking. The Flames reek of mediocrity. The Kings and Ducks are sinking ships. Arizona and Vancouver are rebuilding. San Jose is really the only safe bet to make the playoffs.

Before you know it, McDavid is going to be grey like Ovechkin and STILL chasing his 1st cup into his 30's....Oilers have to do better...especially with a generational talent on their roster.

osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh

I saw this on HF Boards...interesting stuff:

With the Washington Capitals 1 win away from the Stanley Cup, they will have won it as the 24th worst SAT%(possession) team in the NHL at 47.98% in the regular season and currently 48.83% in the playoffs.

Hockey is so unpredictable.

A2F27E0D-80F5-4B0A-828F-FD3BAFE5109B.jpeg

Caps were in the suite right above me at the Nats game yesterday

Oshie :pimp:

Just back in from the parade. INFINITE amount of chill from everyone. Such a great atmosphere and one of, if not THE best, I've been a part of sporting-wise. There were people from all walks of life, races, etc. out there just happy. This was exactly what the city needed. No political BS or anything...just pure happiness. Open container laws were non-existent today and there were folks smoking Js within feet of the police/SWAT. Nothing got out of hand. These guys, for now, are the kings of the city, and it's been a long time coming. Like I said before, this was exactly what the city needed. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom