OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Osh & Pro aren't you guys against a pitcher winning an MVP award too?

I wouldn't say I'm against, I was just against him winning it last year but Verlander got that last laugh there
laugh.gif

Pro, I'm in the North Jersey area. Talk about a favorable boss, you're really getting hooked up. My boss will be front row for every home game at Prudential. Hasn't extended an offer for me to join yet though. My buddy bartends at Loft 47 right across the street on Edison Place. Gets packed before games with passionate Devils fans if you wanna grab a beer.

even an average goalie is more valuable than the best forward, if a goalies are qualified for the Hart trophy then a goalie would win it every year.

Quick should def get the vezna though.

Stamkos and Malkin are not more valuable than

Quick
Lunquist
Rhinne
Tim Thoms
Halak

ect ect ect

im still mad that Iginla was robbed of his rightful MVP.
tired.gif

I see what you're saying, can't argue with that. Vezina is up in the air, Henrik has got all the press (rightfully so) no one was even talking about Quick.

I forgot Jose won the Hart that year, wasn't even the best goalie in the league
laugh.gif

I feel like Quick and Lundqvist are being overrated here, in the sense that you put either of them on a team like Tampa or Chicago, and they don't have near the numbers they did this year. That isn't to say they both aren't top 5/10 goalies in the league, but I wouldn't consider either one for the Hart because IMO the most important factor in how good a goalie looks is how the team plays defense in front of him. Two perfect examples, just recently, are Elliot and Bryzgalov. Both have superb numbers when they play on better defensive teams (Blues and Coyotes) and terrible numbers on teams that don't play great defense( Avs and Flyers).

Originally Posted by Proshares

Let it be known we have no Pred/Coyote fans here
laugh.gif

What happened to the lone Yotes fan? I know there was one because I copied and pasted his signature and changed the colors when I first joined nike talk.

^agreed. nice action both ways

good way to kick off a series i prolly didnt give a crap about
laugh.gif

OT is always appreciated
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by frink85

damn thats a pretty crazy/lucky play to win it...a lot of odd bounces
I'm going to need Nashville to shore up that defense. I put some $ on nashville to win this series.

West Finals: Preds/Kings

East Finals: Rangers/Flyers

Finals: Flyers/Kings
pimp.gif

That would really be something if it's Carter & Richards vs Philly for the Cup.

@%@%

30t6p3b.gif

Didn't expect to win both in NYC....was hoping for a split. Looks like that win is gonna have to come in game 2

Hockey Gods not w. the Caps tonight....they've hit 4 posts.

They're not playing bad at all...if they can keep this type of effort going forward, I still say they finish the Rags off in 6.

*edit*

Random....is Zdeno Chara a HOFer? 

Originally Posted by cquan05

pimp.gif

This outcome is what I've been rooting for since the B's got bounced.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by cquan05

pimp.gif

This outcome is what I've been rooting for since the B's got bounced.

i have to agree too. and then i'd like the kings to take it
laugh.gif

The margin between winning/losing game 1 was VERY slim. Yall had 3 goals on 13 shots and the Caps hit the post/crossbar 4 times. Adjustments will be made. And I'm still confident in this team during the series.

Back
Top Bottom