OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Man, that Dany Heatley deal was unexpected for me.
Me too. I honestly didn't think that they would acknowledge his lackluster play and actually do something about it.

Didn't he play two months with a broken hand though?  I don't like the deal at all for SJ, would have shipped out Marleau before Heatley.  You just add another playmaker and get rid of goal scorer with who to replace him on the PP?
Not only can he not skate, but his production dropped even when he was playing alongside quality players. Marleau is a much better stand alone player and can actually skate. Heatley makes way too much money. Havlat posted two points less than Heatley last season and makes 2.5 million less. I'll take the cheaper player.

Tomas Kaberle signs with The Hurricanes for 3 years.

Then, Bruins trade for Joe Corvo of The Hurricanes for a 2012 4th round pick.

I like this trade because we get rid of Kaberle and we get a big body, right-handed shot on the blueline!
2011-2012 D-Pairings: 

Chara/Seidenberg

Corvo/ Boychuk/Kampfer

Ference/McQuaid/Any minor league D-man here

A left-handed shot paired with a right-handed shot would be better but they need to leave the 1st pairing alone though. 

Me too. I honestly didn't think that they would acknowledge his lackluster play and actually do something about it.

Didn't he play two months with a broken hand though?  I don't like the deal at all for SJ, would have shipped out Marleau before Heatley.  You just add another playmaker and get rid of goal scorer with who to replace him on the PP?
Not only can he not skate, but his production dropped even when he was playing alongside quality players. Marleau is a much better stand alone player and can actually skate. Heatley makes way too much money. Havlat posted two points less than Heatley last season and makes 2.5 million less. I'll take the cheaper player.
Also, 5 goals in 32 playoffs games says alot. 

I can see where you're coming from with that.  I guess my point is if you're trading him, I'd aim for someone who can put the puck in the net esp on the PP to replace him.  Havlat has always had that potential to be a 30 goal scorer and maybe playing with Thornton he hits that again but who replaces Heatley on the PP.  I think they moved more sideways and could have gotten better.

love the corvo deal. big body, solid defender. steal at 2.25 and only giving up a fourth compared to what other D-men are getting this offseason..

assuming marchand gets 3ish a year, we'll still be roughly 5.5 under the cap.

Originally Posted by Solemate96

Tomas Kaberle signs with The Hurricanes for 3 years.

Then, Bruins trade for Joe Corvo of The Hurricanes for a 2012 4th round pick.

I like this trade because we get rid of Kaberle and we get a big body, right-handed shot on the blueline!
2011-2012 D-Pairings: 

Chara/Seidenberg

Corvo/ Boychuk/Kampfer

Ference/McQuaid/Any minor league D-man here

A left-handed shot paired with a right-handed shot would be better but they need to leave the 1st pairing alone though. 
i agree. i don't think it's a bad acquisition at all. but i do see them splitting seids and chara during the regular season. i would think we'd play the majority of the regular season with:

chara-boychuk
seids-corvo
ference-mcquaid

kampfer stepping in if someone falters.

but who knows...maybe they will go seids and chara. it proved to work out. just not sure if it's smart to do all season long.

Anyone know if ATL Thrashers jersey are gonna be on sale or get dirt cheap? I want to get a Evander Kane or Zach Bogosian one.

I can see where you're coming from with that.  I guess my point is if you're trading him, I'd aim for someone who can put the puck in the net esp on the PP to replace him.  Havlat has always had that potential to be a 30 goal scorer and maybe playing with Thornton he hits that again but who replaces Heatley on the PP.  I think they moved more sideways and could have gotten better.
Heatley was downed to the 2nd PP unit anyways.

Originally Posted by sosly

Anyone know if ATL Thrashers jersey are gonna be on sale or get dirt cheap? I want to get a Evander Kane or Zach Bogosian one.
I'm curious about this too. Their home jersey is super nice. I'm also really hoping that the new Winnipeg uniform is just an updated version of their old uniforms because I will totally buy a jersey if that's the case.

Rivercitysports has authentics on sale for $99 because reebok is making some changes next season... Instead of the reebok vector on the back neck they will use their word mark.

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Rivercitysports has authentics on sale for $99 because reebok is making some changes next season... Instead of the reebok vector on the back neck they will use their word mark.

eek.gif

I wouldn't mind an old Black/Purple Kings jersey. 

EDIT:  I don't see them for $99 anywhere?  

Some of them are less than $100. Like Sabres and such

EDIT:
eek.gif
lol got some Long Beach Icedogs, most juniors teams
pimp.gif

Aren't the authentics for next season going to be Edge 2.0's as well?

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Aren't the authentics for next season going to be Edge 2.0's as well?

I believe they will be selling both on retail... Not exactly sure

LEts be honest ...aside from that WC game, Fehr is some garbage ... Glad to see us get rid of him ...

just got back from the bruins development camp. caught my first glimpses of hamilton and khokhlachev and the other draft picks. lot of speed and size, and a lot of raw and unpolished talent. first time i've went so it was cool seeing them practice and then scrimmage. flashbacks of high school practice
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

what's up with the whole unwritten rule about not offer sheeting these RFA's? is that true? it would make sense.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

what's up with the whole unwritten rule about not offer sheeting these RFA's? is that true? it would make sense.
Yes it's quite true, but a few in here thought their teams were legitimately going to give Stammer an Offer Sheet or try and trade for him
laugh.gif
Funny thing is, Doughty is in the exact same position as Stamkos and no one has said a peep about him. It's these stupid blogs and rumors that have people thinking the Lightning would actually trade Stamkos right now, then again, "#99 got traded so anyone can".
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

They are two of the best and brightest young stars in the NHL, and both are locked deep in difficult contract negotiations with their teams after only their third season.

One is Tampa Bay Lightning centre Steven Stamkos, the first overall pick in the 2008 draft who has already hit the 90-point mark twice, finishing fifth in league scoring in both his second and third seasons.

The other is Los Angeles Kings defenceman Drew Doughty, taken right after Stamkos and considered one of the top 10 blueliners in the game, already earning a Norris Trophy nomination and winning gold with the Canadian Olympic team.

Just 21 years old and set to be major contributors in the league for the next dozen years, Stamkos and Doughty would seem to be the perfect candidates for an offer sheet from another team.

And yet general managers of the teams who could go that route appear to be relatively ambivalent about the possibility.

“I have no comment on that,

eff an unwritten rule, if this generations top talent is out there to be had and i'm a GM with money, get out of the ++%++$* way...
laugh.gif

i dont really like the RFA rules. just cause a guy is drafted by a team doesnt mean he should be forced to stay there until hes "tenured" of sorts.. i guess they do sign themselves into that spot, but still.

Honestly, I don't there is any GM out there who dislikes Yzerman enough to offer sheet Stamkos. That's really what it comes down to.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

eff an unwritten rule, if this generations top talent is out there to be had and i'm a GM with money, get out of the ++%++$* way...
laugh.gif

i dont really like the RFA rules. just cause a guy is drafted by a team doesnt mean he should be forced to stay there until hes "tenured" of sorts.. i guess they do sign themselves into that spot, but still.
All of this.

Back
Top Bottom