OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

this dude heater is now in our division
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

i keep getting Couturier name wrong
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
.... but i agree the talent is there to be a contender but we'll see how the team develops.

The caps are imo the team to beat in the East...Kings for the West. both teams depth is
eek.gif
but we see how best teams on paper go.
laugh.gif

edit:
eek.gif

Sharks and Avs 
laugh.gif
roll.gif

These are the deals so far-

Wild:
Devin Setoguchi
Charlie Coyle
Zach Phillips [Gonna be good
pimp.gif
]
Dany Heatley

Sharks:
Brent Burns
2nd Rounder
Martin Havlat

eyes.gif
Heater isn't scary though

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

hmm, interesting..

soo pretty much to get some more cap space?
they probably talked to Burns about an extension and his requests were: 1) money, 2) no Heatley.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

hmm, interesting..

soo pretty much to get some more cap space?
They were probably looking to get rid of the wobbling garbage that is Dany Heatley and obtain a player who will perform just as well for less money.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Depth.
eek.gif

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Knuble
Brouwer - Johansson - Semin
_______ - Laich - Ward
Chimera - Halpern - Hendricks
*Fehr/Sjogren

Hamrlik - Green
Carlson - Alzner
Schultz - Wideman
*Erskine/Poti

Vokoun
Neuvirth

*Still not really sold on Laich being a C, so this is why there is a MAJOR need for another C on the roster. If Eakin plays well in camp, maybe he wins the 3C role and Laich can slide over to LW.

Anyways...I'm loving the look of the lineup. Paper champs so far
laugh.gif
Hopefully they can figure out what the hell to do when the 2nd season rolls around and have a DEEP run.
Joel Ward will be on the 2nd line by seasons end... he scored goals like crazy in the playoffs and jus gets it... real grinder with enough skill to make

things happen as well

AND

LMFAO @ heater... he thought he was gunna jus chill in Socal collectin fat paychecks
laugh.gif
 they sent him to minnesota... hahahahahahah

made my day... dudes been a bum... he needs to play with sumone that puts the puck on a silver platter for him to score goals anymore

if u cant get 30+ playin big minutes with Jumbo...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Depth.
eek.gif

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Knuble
Brouwer - Johansson - Semin
_______ - Laich - Ward
Chimera - Halpern - Hendricks
*Fehr/Sjogren

Hamrlik - Green
Carlson - Alzner
Schultz - Wideman
*Erskine/Poti

Vokoun
Neuvirth

*Still not really sold on Laich being a C, so this is why there is a MAJOR need for another C on the roster. If Eakin plays well in camp, maybe he wins the 3C role and Laich can slide over to LW.

Anyways...I'm loving the look of the lineup. Paper champs so far
laugh.gif
Hopefully they can figure out what the hell to do when the 2nd season rolls around and have a DEEP run.
Joel Ward will be on the 2nd line by seasons end... he scored goals like crazy in the playoffs and jus gets it... real grinder with enough skill to make

things happen as well

AND

LMFAO @ heater... he thought he was gunna jus chill in Socal collectin fat paychecks
laugh.gif
 they sent him to minnesota... hahahahahahah

made my day... dudes been a bum... he needs to play with sumone that puts the puck on a silver platter for him to score goals anymore

if u cant get 30+ playin big minutes with Jumbo...
grin.gif
san jose is in the bay area, foo.

but, i do agree with everything else
laugh.gif

Man, that Dany Heatley deal was unexpected for me.
I think the Sharks definitely got the better end of that.

Sad to see Torres go, but Salo and Higgins signing back on is a relief.

Panthers are a modern day Brewster's Millions. Scrambling to make that league minimum anyway they can. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Panthers are a modern day Brewster's Millions. Scrambling to make that league minimum anyway they can. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah theyve got serious ground to make up. good stuff with the minimum though..make it at least somewhat interesting for their fans

Me too. I honestly didn't think that they would acknowledge his lackluster play and actually do something about it.

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Me too. I honestly didn't think that they would acknowledge his lackluster play and actually do something about it.
They didn't. Heater asked out.

Couldn't get on here, glad Tyler Kennedy was resigned, unhappy Talbot is gone and indifferent that Jagr went to Philly

Originally Posted by True Blues

They didn't. Heater asked out.
Source?
Heatley said after exit interviews he had no idea the Sharks might trade him. He said he was caught “pretty off-guard

the ten teams heatley listed on his NTC

Spoiler [+]
1. edmonton
2. edmonton
3. edmonton
4. edmonton
5. ottawa
6. edmonton
7. edmonton
8. edmonton
9. edmonton
10. winnipeg

Originally Posted by Physicx

Spoiler [+]
1. edmonton
2. edmonton
3. edmonton
4. edmonton
5. ottawa
6. edmonton
7. edmonton
8. edmonton
9. edmonton
10. winnipeg
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

Spoiler [+]
1. edmonton
2. edmonton
3. edmonton
4. edmonton
5. ottawa
6. edmonton
7. edmonton
8. edmonton
9. edmonton
10. winnipeg
I know you were kidding but I would have to imagine that Edmonton & Ottawa were not even on his list of 10 teams. Neither of them were going to be trading for him so why even bother wasting 2 spots on his list?

Didn't he play two months with a broken hand though?  I don't like the deal at all for SJ, would have shipped out Marleau before Heatley.  You just add another playmaker and get rid of goal scorer with who to replace him on the PP?

Originally Posted by Proshares

Didn't he play two months with a broken hand though?  I don't like the deal at all for SJ, would have shipped out Marleau before Heatley.  You just add another playmaker and get rid of goal scorer with who to replace him on the PP?
This is a valid point, but I think it came down to postseason production which Heatley was offering none of. Between Havlat and Heatley there is a huge discrepancy in terms of postseason production. Sure this is the first "real dip" in Heatley's offensive output that could be attributed to injury-- or it could be part of a rapid decline for a player that just completed his age 30 season. Additionally Heatley was a liability handling the puck and on defense. From exit interviews you could tell he kinda knew management was into faster players and that he was gonna work on fitness.

Should they have held on to maybe the trade deadline? Possibly if they thought Heatley's injury woes were why he wasn't doing anything, or if he was gonna get in better physical shape. But this also gives them cap flexibility to hammer out deals for Burns and Couture before they get away.

True Blues: I do recall saying before that Heatley just doesn't do 2nd line and that he'd ask out-- you might be right on some level.

Jets sign Andrew Ladd to a 4 year/ $22m deal

$4.5m a season seems very reasonable for him and he was someone we absolutely needed to sign

Back
Top Bottom