OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

lol Would have been nice to get Brad, but I'm okay with it. need to sign Babchuk, unless he was signed already. Can't wait for Sarich's contract to expire next season!

Yandle on the block?

Ken Holland would redeem himself for the Ericsson signing if he pulled this off.

shocked gagne signed w/ the kings...considering what happened last year. could've gotten better players. Matt @$%^ Walker
laugh.gif

anyway 3.5 is a lil too much considering he's about one concussion away from retirement

i wish him well

tired.gif

steve sullivan a pen...

would be excited if this wa last year but he kinda fell off... and we got him instead of Jagr

seemes the resta the east is getting substantially better besides us... : (

Joel Ward to Washington was a NICEEE move. Richards to NYR and Flyers w/ a fantasy draft squad
30t6p3b.gif

Jets sign Rick Rypien, he may not be the most talented guy but I really like this move

He's a great competitor, awesome fighter and I really enjoyed watching him play here for the Moose

eek.gif
Caps signed Tomas Vokoun to a 1year deal (1.5 mil).....dude wasAMAZING playing for God-awful Florida. What a great signing for the Caps.

I'm liking what they're doing. Got a feeling Semin will be moved to address the 2C vacancy.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eek.gif
Caps signed Tomas Vokoun to a 1year deal (1.5 mil).....dude wasAMAZING playing for God-awful Florida. What a great signing for the Caps.

I'm liking what they're doing. Got a feeling Semin will be moved to address the 2C vacancy.

Hopefully Semin and Green for Stamkos ...

no other team offered him more than 1.5? hes worth that much just to keep him away from another team..

laugh.gif
dude does hate Green

so after a couple days  with all the major moves done how yall squad look???

Flyers lineup as we speak...(i think Coulture makes the lineup)

JvR-Giroux-Jagr
Hartnell-Briere-Voracek
Simmonds-Coulture-Schenn
Talbot-Betts-Nodl
Shelley

Pronger-Carle
Timo-Coburn
Mes-Lilja

Brzy
Bob

Defense is still stacked and one of the best in the league and this time with one of the top goaltenders but the offense dramatically drops and is relying on the youth. speaking of which the team's top 9 is really young...

I would rank them about 5-6 behind Washington, Pitt, Boston, Buffalo and maybe Montreal

You just don't know how all the new parts will work together, but with a healthy pronger and bryzgalov you guys will easily be top 5 squad. It might take the whole regular season but I'm sure come playoffs you guys will be rolling

Originally Posted by SCuse7

You just don't know how all the new parts will work together, but with a healthy pronger and bryzgalov you guys will easily be top 5 squad. It might take the whole regular season but I'm sure come playoffs you guys will be rolling
my thinking as well

if they gel right away it could be scary n a few years if Pronger plays and Voracek resigns

Depth.
eek.gif

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Knuble
Brouwer - Johansson - Semin
_______ - Laich - Ward
Chimera - Halpern - Hendricks
*Fehr/Sjogren

Hamrlik - Green
Carlson - Alzner
Schultz - Wideman
*Erskine/Poti

Vokoun
Neuvirth

*Still not really sold on Laich being a C, so this is why there is a MAJOR need for another C on the roster. If Eakin plays well in camp, maybe he wins the 3C role and Laich can slide over to LW.

Anyways...I'm loving the look of the lineup. Paper champs so far
laugh.gif
Hopefully they can figure out what the hell to do when the 2nd season rolls around and have a DEEP run.

if couturier develops into that player everyone thought he would 1 year ago today
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

ill play the lineup game

smyth - horcoff - hemsky
hall - gagner - eberle
omark - cogliano/brule - paarjavi
eager - belanger - jones

whitney - gilbert
smid - barker
peckham - sutton

khabibulin
dubnyk

call-ups as needed

i think RNH plays 9 games then they send him back down to red deer to dominate and play in the WJC. my guess is he'll start the year off centering hall and eberle, moving gagner down with paajarvi and omark in the meantime

gilbert only looks good with whitney, and since whitney was out for most of last year dude looked horrendous. serious help is needed on the blue line

i think one of brule or cogliano gets traded. cogliano is one of my favorite players but NEEDS top 6 minutes to be effective, plus he not a center where he was playing alot last year. with all the younger, more skilled players in front of him on the depth chart, he looks like an odd man out. i think its best for him (and us) to be moved :/

still waiting on PC and the bruins to do something. i wonder if ryder was willing to go to dallas for less to be back with ribiero. i would have taken him for 2 years @ 3.5 per. the pouliot signing still has me wondering. his comments about joining our side have been interesting. wonder how the boys will receive him...ference and krejci, especially.

Back
Top Bottom