OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Thomas: Will focus on friends, family, faith[/h1]
June, 3, 2012
Jun 3

3:25

PM ET

By James Murphy | ESPNBoston.com

On Saturday night, Tim Thomas posted a link on his Facebook page to a story on TheBlaze.com that had a former hedge fund manager predicting "the biggest economic shock the world has ever seen."

"See why hockey's just not that important right now?" Thomas posted above the link.

Well on Sunday, Thomas made a direct reference to his possible decision to skip the 2012-13 season, and from the sounds of it, the decision is now final. Here’s what Thomas said on his Facebook page Sunday:

From the earliest age I can remember, I've wanted to be a hockey player. I've been blessed in my life to not only be able to live that dream, but to achieve more than I ever thought possible.

The single-minded focus that is necessary to accomplish a dream of this magnitude entails (by necessity) sacrifice in other areas and relationships in life.

At the age of 38, I believe it is time to put my time and energies into those areas and relationships that I have neglected. That is why at this time I feel the most important thing I can do in my life is to reconnect with the three F's.

Friends, Family, and Faith.

This is what I plan on doing over the course of the next year.

On top of this, I will continue to train using the ARP/POV system www.ultrafitevosport.com and work with G-Form www.g-form.com in the development of protective equipment.

What does this portend for the future?

We'll see ... God's will be done.

TT

Thomas was set to become an unrestricted free agent in 2013-14, so if he comes back he would no longer be a member of the Boston Bruin unless he re-signed with them or the Bruins decided to toll his contract from 2012-13 -- a $5 million cap hit that will still apply in the upcoming season -- and maintain it in 2013-14. For all intents and purposes, this could very well be the end of the two-time Vezina Trophy, 2011 Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup winner’s Bruins career.

this effin' guy
30t6p3b.gif

if any Wings fans are interested, I have a Zetterberg authentic edge that i'm looking to move. I don't think I ever wore it so its pointless for me to have. Beautiful jersey, 100% authentic, size 50. Sorry for the crappy phone pics. If you want additional photos of the tags, embroidery, or whatever just shoot me a PM. Also not looking to charge an arm and a leg. For a fellow NT'er, I'll hook it up.

^ It should be noted that Washington traded Vokoun's rights as his contract was set to expire July 1.

BUT Pittsburgh just signed him to a 2-year deal at $2M per about 30 min ago.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Man, I'm eating crow regarding the Kings. They are ROLLING. Can I take back what I said??
laugh.gif

I wouldn't say they're rolling as much as Quick is bailing them out.  No homer
laugh.gif
.  Devils need their stars to play a lot better.  Plus, you can't let Doughty just cruise through all 3 zones untouched
laugh.gif

Gives Pitt a backup for the playoffs, would've moved on if they could've held Philly to 4 goals a game instead of the 6 or whatever it felt like. Seriously though good move

Cartman on the big Screen. I hear him
roll.gif
pimp.gif

This dude Kovy just stands there for 75% of the time just looking for 1 times.

Only time i see dude move is when he gets breakout passes for breakaways...

Back
Top Bottom