OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Hopefully there is a renewed interest in junior hockey in Canada with the lockout.

That said, I hate both players and owners for this. I dont care who is right and who is wrong. This is just unacceptable.

Ratings were up, West Coast folks were watching more hockey this year, for obvious reasons, and overall, hockey was at an all-time high.

Can't believe this. Hoping for December start at least.

:smh:

NHL was getting momentum back.
Last season was great hockey and copy news wise...
does any league know how to mess up a good thing more than the NHL

4 work stoppages in the past 20 years. RIDICULOUS.

My gut feeling tells me they'll be back in December....

Players mad at the owners...but not mad enough to sign those huge deals before the CBA expired :lol:

Owners mad at the players....but not mad enough to not offer all that dough before the CBA expired :lol:

Hopefully there is a renewed interest in junior hockey in Canada with the lockout.
That said, I hate both players and owners for this. I dont care who is right and who is wrong. This is just unacceptable.

I completely agree, most people I know have taken a side in the argument, but I really don't care. Neither side appears to be willing to concede anything so I don't care who's right and who's wrong.

Just make a deal so we can get NHL hockey back :smh:

I wonder if this will increase my chances of getting bumped up the season ticket waiting list :nerd:

but seriously...

feels batman

Indeed.

OKC will be stacked, but so will most AHL teams with deep prospects. Sucks for the fringe AHL players who will miss out on a roster spot to make wayfor the younger guys. This affects so much more than the players and the owners, right down to the parking lot attendants. NHL is all there is to do in Edmonton.

I might find myself attending more Oil Kings games this year as well.

DSA: We gotta bro out and catch a B's game if/when the season returns at the Boston (TD) Garden. Tip back some Sammy's and find our (Brittany's) Mrs. Lucic's.

LA Kings are up for sale. New owners want to invest full-time into bringing an NFL team.

It's times like these when I wish I had a Billion dollars :lol:

Curiously awaiting more stories from HB Kid about what the NHL players are doing in Canada during this most recent lockout.

Kaner, please stay out of trouble, man.

they have to be bluffing, right?

RIGHT?

Edmonton Oilers Owner, President Scout Key Arena, According To Report

Sep 24 4:27p by Avinash Kunnath

Read More: Edmonton Oilers

Chris Hansen might have a potential suitor for NHL relocation in the Edmonton Oilers. The Oilers appear to be dissatisfied with current management. Our Edmonton SB Nation site The Copper & Blue has more on the situation, which seems to be demanding that the city stand up for a new downtown arena or management will consider relocation once the current lease expires.

Coupled with the stories that are starting to trickle out of Seattle on Monday, naturally some rumors are popping up today about the Oilers potentially flirting with Seattle. According to Dave Mahler at KJR Radio, the team president and owner of the Oilers were in the city on Monday touring Key Arena. Additionally, former Oiler legend Wayne Gretzky is apparently in Seattle and will be visiting with Hansen sometime tonight.

An arena will probably take a few years to develop, but the Oilers are still a few years away from considering relocation. At the very least, it's looking like there is genuine interest in placing an NHL team in Seattle by at least one ownership group.

i sweatergawd, if this happens, im gonna dropkick darryl katz's kid off his balcony

If the Oilers leave, oh my god. I'd buy a lotto ticket.
Because all my dreams would be coming true.

Also saw this today....

If the Oilers leave for Seattle :wow:

Physicx would be on world news.....

"A one man riot causes stir at Edmonton Oilers HQ"

:lol:

Last edited:
The NHL and the NHLPA finally resumed talks again Friday and have/will meet today and Sunday

Economic talks have been minimal and broad.

But anyways...
Although I'm pissed it took 2 wks after the lockout began to start talking again...
Im glad they have started.

Haven't been following, but wished California had some other hockey teams here. Bakersfield is a little far for me. Closest one near me is CSUF's hockey team. didn't even know they had one

Gut feeling based on what I've read/heard this far, but I don't think we'll be seeing NHL hockey this year.

I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom