OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

:pimp:

I had a lot of my big guns on byes this week and crappy pts from Rice, I was shocked I won.

BTW, our teams are extremely close:

What If

If Proshares played empirestrikesfirst every week, they would be 3-3-1 this season.
Besides empirestrikesfirst, Proshares would have defeated seven other teams this week.
Proshares would be 5-1 if they played the same schedule as empirestrikesfirst.
Proshares would be 50-11-2 if they played every team every week.
In addition to Proshares, empirestrikesfirst would have lost to just one other team this week.
Proshares would have lost to empirestrikesfirst 109.74 - 103.36 had they played each other last week.
If they played the same schedule as Proshares, empirestrikesfirst would be 6-0.
If they played every team every week, empirestrikesfirst would be 52-10-1.

Went to the Miami game last Friday vs Providence, ended in a tie but they did a shoot out for 'fun'. I believe they moved up to 3 in the nation. Anyway, great times and it filled my hockey void

Last edited:
Interesting

ISLANDERS SET TO MOVE TO BROOKLYN AFTER NASSAU LEASE EXPIRES

The New York Islanders are set to announce that they will be moving to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York when their lease expires at Nassau Coliseum after the 2014-15 season.

The team has called a news conference for this afternoon at the new arena, which will be home to the NBA's Brooklyn Nets this season.

The news conference will be attended by Islanders owner Charles Wang and general manager Garth Snow, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg among others.

Wang has been lobbying for a new arena for his team for several years. The Nassau Coliseum has been home to the team since it was built in 1972.

Wang has been frustrated in his attempts to find a new location in recent years. Last summer, his proposal to build a new arena and keep the Islanders on Long Island was voted down in a referendum by local residents.

Hockey capacity would be 14,500 which would make it the smallest building in the league, right now we got the smallest building with capacity of 15,003

Last edited:
Interesting
ISLANDERS SET TO MOVE TO BROOKLYN AFTER NASSAU LEASE EXPIRES
The New York Islanders are set to announce that they will be moving to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York when their lease expires at Nassau Coliseum after the 2014-15 season.
The team has called a news conference for this afternoon at the new arena, which will be home to the NBA's Brooklyn Nets this season.
The news conference will be attended by Islanders owner Charles Wang and general manager Garth Snow, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg among others.
Wang has been lobbying for a new arena for his team for several years. The Nassau Coliseum has been home to the team since it was built in 1972.
Wang has been frustrated in his attempts to find a new location in recent years. Last summer, his proposal to build a new arena and keep the Islanders on Long Island was voted down in a referendum by local residents.
Hockey capacity would be 14,500 which would make it the smallest building in the league, right now we got the smallest building with capacity of 15,003

Not surprised. Nassau Coliseum is an absolute dump. I love this move. Hopefully the Islanders young talent continues to develop so they can pack that house at 14k+. It COULD be an intimidating arena to play in if the crowd is into the games. Playing in barn that small can work to the advantage of the home team.

*Keep an eye out for a few KHL games being played at the Barclays Center in January (I think).

I thought Bettman wasn't really behind the Brooklyn move when they first broached it.

I think it'll be good for all parties. I like this move.

Doesn't have a bad ring to it at all.
I wonder if they'll make any changes to their logo, or jersey colors. Brooklyn is still geographically in "Long Island, NY"

I'm guessing they'll have a complete re-branding of the logo and colors of the Islanders. Might do something w/ Black & White to match up w/ Nets. Can't have the Knicks colors on a team playing the Nets home arena. No matter how iconic. I think it's gonna change.

I dont know NY geographically... is it a stretch to have them as the Islanders in Brooklyn?

Never happen, but Brooklyn Brawlers would be so cool.

I dont know NY geographically... is it a stretch to have them as the Islanders in Brooklyn?

they're too soft to be called the brawlers...that'd be like calling the canucks, "the bruisers" or something

:lol: i kid, i kid...sort of

Brooklyn islanders doesn't sound right at all. Very odd Rangers rivalry may get even more fun. Gonna enjoy hating the nets and islanders even more than I did

Technically, yes.

But man, Long Island doesnt compare to the boroughs what so ever ... its like the burbs i live in now :lol:

I used to live in Queens and had family id visit in long island all the time and its just different..

Brooklyn Brawlers sounds dope though. But a Brooklyn Hockey Team? :lol: That just sounds funny.

I wouldnt be opposed to it .. Plus, i agree that revenues would def see an increase and benefit everyone in the end...

Now how about the Yotes and Oilers..? Edmonton is not looking good from the stuff ive been reading.

Last edited:

they're too soft to be called the brawlers...that'd be like calling the canucks, "the bruisers" or something

:lol: i kid, i kid...sort of

i posted this in tan but i came across zac rinaldos twitter and he was saying how the nhl is tryng to limit the players to only 10 fights a player per season.

4 for Boston, 4 for Chicago, 1 for Calgary, and 1 for Edmonton.

Now to find the guy on Vancouver that'll do it.

i posted this in tan but i came across zac rinaldos twitter and he was saying how the nhl is tryng to limit the players to only 10 fights a player per season.

interesting. i wonder what the penalty would be for breaking this rule...suspension, i assume? maybe not a TERRIBLE idea since it may help appease some of the people looking to remove fighting from the game. i'd be willing to be the number of head injuries does not go down though since they don't usually come from fights.

personally, i don't think it's a good idea. more liberties will be taken against "innocent" players.

4 for Boston, 4 for Chicago, 1 for Calgary, and 1 for Edmonton.

Now to find the guy on Vancouver that'll do it.

:lol:

Last edited:

I guess I feel indifferent, but others might have a stronger opinion.

I guess it's how you wanna look at it.

Brawlers, Blades, Cyclones (most likely not because of the baseball team)

Last edited:
They will stay the New York Islanders.

(As they should, IMO. The Islanders have too deep of a history to change the team name.)

I suspect they'll alter the logo a bit to address some small details regarding the placement of the island (geeky logo stuff), and maybe add a different third jersey, but that's it.

Last edited:
apparently i work for one of the owners of the san jose sharks. i was talking to him today about how i love hockey and played as a kid.

I guess I feel indifferent, but others might have a stronger opinion.
I guess it's how you wanna look at it.

Brawlers, Blades, Cyclones (most likely not because of the baseball team)

:lol: I know what you mean but no one considers Brooklyn or Queens to be part of LI. Decembers is right, as soon as you cross that border **** changes :lol: I do it every day. I agree with TB's, the team has more Cups than the Rangers and Devils, I hope they don't change their names.

Back
Top Bottom