OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by sosly

ovie's going back to bauer too right? bring back a limited edition Nike Bauer? 
nerd.gif

Yeah....heHATED the CCM sticks....he would use Semin'sBauer's out of frustration last year.

I really hope Nike puts him in a national ad. Dude has a great personality.

I hope they do, that would give so much national exposure to hockey.

Sergei Federov's Nike skates back in the 90's were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

fedorovskate.gif

Jesus........Ovi in Bauer is a huge look, even though they already have 90% of players
laugh.gif

im down for fantasy hockey! time for a repeat
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

don't think i'll get Stamkos w the 8th selection again
laugh.gif

We have 3 2 spots left for fantasy. Let me know your email and I'll get you an invite. Proshares and Phi09 I sent your guys' invites out. ATFK and Goku send me PM if you guys want in.

I've been on vacation the last week and my hotel had no wifi so I haven't been in this thread for a while

-RIP to Wade Belak, I really hope the NHL follows its word and seriously looks into how they can help their players more because 3 deaths in one year is ridiculous
-Hopefully this situation with Byfuglien gets taken care of quickly cause we don't need this dragging on into the season, and even with his arrest people here in Winnipeg are more concerned about him weighing 286
laugh.gif
(last year he played at 245)
-But there is some good news for Jets fans, the organization announced they will unveil the jerseys on Tuesday, I can't wait for that
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

-Hopefully this situation with Byfuglien gets taken care of quickly cause we don't need this dragging on into the season, and even with his arrest people here in Winnipeg are more concerned about him weighing 286
laugh.gif

false.

more like 260... they gave him an ultimatum before the season that if he lost 20 lbs and got in shape he could play either side of the ice...

he choose D and up until the lil nagging injuries late was leading the whole league in D ice time...

hell get back in shape, its what he does, hes just alarge... largeee american
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

laugh.gif

false.

more like 260... they gave him an ultimatum before the season that if he lost 20 lbs and got in shape he could play either side of the ice...

he choose D and up until the lil nagging injuries late was leading the whole league in D ice time...

hell get back in shape, its what he does, hes just alarge... largeee american
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I looked up his stats in a couple places and they had him listed from 255-265. The reason I mentioned 245 is cause a couple of the articles I read said he was at 245 last year

So, what I've heard on the unfortunate Belak situation is that he indeed was NOT depressed. The rumor is that he had a #$%@%% in his hotel room with him, and they were doing some kinky stuff, one of those things being auto-erotic asphyxiation. Now, something went wrong and the #$%@%% was unable to lift Belak up high enough so that they could get the belt off from around his neck, and thus leading to his death as well as the #$%@%% fleeing the scene (Not sure how they would have gotten the belt on and around his neck in the first place, but I assume that would be easier than taking it off.)

Take all of this with a grain of salt, or 100, but the people that have told me this story are guys currently in the League that have played with or against Belak. For obvious reasons they don't want this to come out, but here's an article that may prove something is missing from the story currently in the media.

I do feel bad posting what I just did, but in a way I feel this should be cleared up and not ruled a suicide and fuel all this enforcer depression talk. (I do believe the NHL needs to do something about that issue though).

LINK TO ARTICLE
CBC’s P.J. Stock: Wade Belak not a suicide but an ‘accidental death’

Greg Wyshynski - September 2, 2011

[table][tr][td]
Via Mirtle , here is a full page ad that will appear in the Saturday edition of The Tennessean: a tribute to the late Wade Belak (notes) penned by his Nashville Predators teammate David Legwand (notes) and on behalf of the Preds:
[/td][/tr][/table]
Belak's funeral is in Tennessee on Sunday.

Meanwhile, the story surrounding his death in Toronto on Wednesday is slowly coming into focus.

It has widely been reported that Belak hanged himself and that he intentionally took his own life. But former NHL fighter, "Battle of the Blades" contestant and current CBC Sports insider P.J. Stock said on Team 990 in Montreal Friday that "there's a lot more that's going to come out of the story." ( s/t Jerome Berube )

From Stock:

"So many things spread so quickly. I feel terrible for Wade's family and his family and friends and the team about how quickly everything spread. And now it just opens up so many possibilities on why he passed away. It follows up of course the Rick Rypien (notes) story and [whether they are] related. It's just a snowball that's gotten way out of control and I don't know how to reel it back in.

"There's going to be a little bit more to the story. I was just with him a couple of weeks ago and I know a lot of people who know Wade really well, and a lot of people are throwing this on depression and he was not a real depressed guy. He might have had a couple of issues but not demons like Rick Rypien did. Not demons that would have taken his life.

"I believe they've taken the word 'suicide' away from this and called it an 'accidental death'. That's kind of the latest."

Stock later said: "Let's just call it an accidental death right now. But he did die of strangulation," and that "it's not fair" to place the deaths of Derek Boogaard (notes) , Rick Rypien and Wade Belak in the same context.

Out of respect to the family, we'll leave the speculation out of this post. But with so many conclusions having been drawn about Belak's death, the context has already been politicized . So the full story, as uncomfortable as it may be to hear, is newsworthy, especially as Stock and others tell us the assumed story isn't accurate.

CQuan....I heard the same thing. It's the same way that David Carridine (sp?) died a few years back. It will be interesting to see what the coroner reports...

Man, really looking forward to this season more than most, with basketball looking like it's not going to be up and running.
Ordered a couple jerseys a few days ago...

Gretzky LA Kings 93 Finals Authentic in black

Luongo Team Canada 2010 Olympic Jersey in red

Bure Canucks 94 Playoff jersey in black.

Set me back a bit, but hope to get the first two framed eventually. The Bure will be worn extensively. 
laugh.gif

id try and get the lu one auto'd before you frame it

framing jerseys costs $$$ tho
sick.gif

Very interesting...

Based on what I saw/read, I never took Belak to be a particularly "depressed" individual.

Finally played NHL 12 demo. It's cool. Love knocking down Luongo. I suck at though, so if you guys need extra body, I'm you're guy! I'll be the defenseman who just skates around and passes occasionally and attempts to hit people. yay

I just watched the streaming video of the unveiling of the Jets jerseys and they look pretty good, very clean and traditional looking.

The home jerseys are navy blue with white stripes and the aways are white with blue stripes

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I would have added some red on the waist line piping, but other than that, I like them alot. 
0906-wpg-jerseysfront.jpg
20kt4wz.jpg

Anything is an upgrade over the Thrashers uniforms.

Not better than the original jerseys in my opinion. Those were classics.

Anyone here buying NHL12 next week?

milan lucic involved in a verbal confrontation with his girlfriend in boston's north end yesterday. he was questioned by boston PD but not charged, obviously
laugh.gif

dump her, no need for gf drama. focus on hockey
laugh.gif

Looks like a beer can, cheap as hell.

They should have just gone with an updated retro jets a la the capitols.

7 days till blackhawks training camp
pimp.gif
.............hopefully kaner will be ready at the start of the season.

Back
Top Bottom