OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Myers drove Buffalo on defense last year and earned that 5.5. Can you say the same about Drew and his 7?

/\ although i said the same in my post he did have a 4 pt night now that i recall... maybe 2 of them in that shark series cant remember

thats why he wants paid, 2 big games... but GMs know the deal thats y they were like yup ur not makin more than r captain
laugh.gif

i still think hell have a danny boyle like career and get his money but chill for now young buck

he was a damn beast in 2010...norris trophy candidate and arguably the best d-man for gold medal winners, Canada. However, last year he was injured for a bit and then started off REAL slow and didnt really get going at all. It seems like he wants to get paid for that one year, and the potential for more years like that. i understand buying out UFA years gets expensive, but damn. i dunno if its him or Meehan, but cmon son. Its contracts like the one he wants that got the NBA in the mess its in now. Take 6.5 for 7, or try your luck holding out for UFA. He's a RFA too so either he plays for the Kings, the Kings decline to match, or he doesnt play. Leverage.

No way in hell he deserves 7 million. Doughty is one hell of a defenseman, but his agent is really overvaluing him at this point.

We're going into this season with arguably the best roster we've ever had, but without Doughty, that's not possible.

Kings were capable of beating the Sharks last year without Kopitar, but he's still the star piece on this franchise.
Sidenote:   That Myers deal is insane.  

Doughty or Weber would get big money from the Wings after they win the Cup and Lids retires this next offseason. I would take either.

Flames make it to the playoffs this year, Olli grew his hair! 
pimp.gif

I don't think Doughty is worth more than 7mill.

It appears that any future offer from the Los Angeles Kings to restricted free agent Drew Doughty will take into account any time missed.

According to lakingsinsider.com, any new contract offer will decrease for every day of training camp the young defenceman misses.

Kings general manager Dean Lombardi said that, because players now get paid for training camp as part of the latest Collective Bargaining Agreement, the number of days Doughty holds out must be factored in to the team's contract offer. Based on the $6.8 million per year offer the Kings have made, that means a reduction of almost $25,000 for each day he is absent from camp.

"The problem we have, and we're going to have to see how this evolves, is that generally with a player, you establish his market value and he signs up for 275 days of work," Lombardi told LA Kings Insider. "That was the one thing that changed during the CBA, that players were paid during training camp. So, quite frankly, it's the way we have to approach this. Let alone missing a day or work, as well as getting behind your teammates in terms of preparation. It probably makes this a little more difficult, but you have to factor that in now. You're not getting a full year's work as of today."

Lombardi went on to say that he feels the contract originally offered to Doughty, the team's first-round pick, and second overall in 2008, was a fair one.

"There's no doubt in my mind we can look Drew in the eye and say this is a fair offer," Lombardi told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun in an interview on ESPN.com. "It's out there in terms of where (the offer) would put in in the league as a defenseman and where he is on our team. That's our best offer. That's fair to say. What we put out there is out best offer.

"I don't want to get into the intricacies what we offered, in terms of the minute details," Lombardi told the website. "It's safe to say that, as far as the big picture within the league, we certainly made him an offer that puts him amongst the top defencemen in the league. Then you look at your team. It's no secret that he would be at the top of our team.

"The third thing that's critical to us is the allocation. Where we're at now, we certainly stretched the limit in terms of paying him amongst the top players in the league, paying him appropriately within the team's salary structure and, most importantly, being able to keep this group together."

And while negotiations don't appear to be very encouraging at the moment, Lombardi ended by saying he isn't worried about losing his young, star defenceman.

"There's no doubt this kid loves the game and loves this team," added Lombardi. "It's disappointing. It's not that I'm not encouraged that he's going to be here.

"Even before we made our trade (for Mike Richards) and went through free agency, this was our number-one priority. This is a home-grown boy and a key part of this franchise.

Doughty's agent Don Meehan declined comment when asked about Lombardi's comments.

Lombardi said he hasn't shut the door on talks with Meehan.

"We're always open to talk," said Lombardi. "The dialogue remains open."

But Lombardi isn't sure the last offer will remain on the table now that Doughty has missed the start of camp.

"We have to look at scenarios because he's missed a day of work now," said Lombardi. "There has to be some finality. This has been a long process. We started this in June."

This Doughty situation should get interesting if he wants more money and the Kings are going to keep offering him less
laugh.gif

he wants 4M a year

4 #*%+#@* MILLION. i know hes only 22, but thats alot for someone who hasnt scored 30 pts in a season yet

ive read that its like he just wants out of phx, knowing damn well they wont pay him anything close to that

http://twitter.com/#!/HoldingOutDrew

http://twitter.com/#!/HoldingOutDrew
@HoldingOutDrew HoldingOutDrew

I just played NHL 12 for 5 hours straight. And yet people think I won't be ready for the regular season.

http://twitter.com/#!/FakeGMLombardi
@FakeGMLombardi FakeDeanLombardi
It's not just Drew's salary that goes down each day. That dozen of donuts becomes a 1/2 dozen. That 6 pack of soda becomes a 1 liter

http://twitter.com/#!/FakeGMLombardi
@FakeGMLombardi FakeDeanLombardi

The only thing Drew Doughty should be thinking about holding out is the candy bars from his daily diet.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but on a more serious note
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
sign already fatass.

Dean Lombardi is letting his pride get in the way with the Doughts situation. Let's not forget: Don Meehan (Doughty's agent) essentially cost Lombardi his job in San Jose after Meehan's client, Evegni Nabokov, held out in 2002-2003. Surely, Lombardi won't let Meehan win again-- even if it means losing his best player, and brightest prospect.

It's k doe, Fowler is gonna be better anyway 
pimp.gif

fbb6baabef1634f1b1ef45cd7a2d9a41-getty-125357127.jpg

^- JB x Ovie haha. Air Vechkins? 
happy.gif

Me too, perfect timing. I get out of class then. Also what team are you Physicx?
EDIT: 
[h1]Flames captain Iginla starts camp with back spasms

frown.gif

[/h1]
noooooooooooooo

Back
Top Bottom