OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Why they do that to Simmonds?
ohwell.gif

No mention of Mike Modano retiring???

Signing a 1-day contract with the Stars to officially retire a Dallas Star. Press conference today at 2pm ET.

He was drafted into the league the same year I was born. Watched him play ever since I was able to comprehend hockey and sports (around age 5-6) Was my favorite player to watch skate up and down the ice and play the game. Today closes another chapter of my youth and childhood. 
frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif
at that idiot, there's absolutely no acceptable reason for doing something like that

But everybody seems to have handled the situation really well, except the local news for not mentioning it. Props to Simmonds for being so professional like that and to the mayor for his statement

Love how Wayne Simmonds responded to it though, classy all the way. This dude is nothing but class, and that's one of the main reasons why he is missed in L.A.

How do you even think of bringing a banana to a hockey game? That punk must've really thought long and hard as to what to bring to the game.

"Hey, a black man is going to be on the ice, let's conjure up something that would be fun! I know! A banana!"

Oh well, Simmonds just let it slide and good for him. If I was in his position, I swear I would've flipped out and threw hands with anybody.  

To Bruins fans:

Tonight's game won't be televised but bostonbruins.com is streaming it at 7. Unless, you want to listen to it on 98.5

Not to dwell on the Simmonds issue, but it's hit close to home for me, so I feel the need to discuss it.

The more I've heard, the more disgusted I am. Apparently, a banana was also thrown after Simmonds' first goal, but never made it to the ice.

I think it's clear at this point that it was an appalling act of racism. I hope this POS is apprehended.

was at the bruins game last night. met our new seat neighbors
laugh.gif

pretty nice come from behind win. was down 2-0 and 3-2 and came back to win 6-3. lot of nice tic tac toe passing. they FINALLY starting bringing the backside forward/defenseman down the ice and feeding him with passes across the crease to slam home some easy goals. about cot damn time. PP was good and bad, but definitely a little better. of course, it was the isles, and a c or b grade isles team
laugh.gif

Malkin has been lights out so far in the 2 or so pre-season games he's played, I'm looking for him to return to his old self and carry this Pens team until Sid is back. 

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Deadset, what the Hell is going on with your avy?
laugh.gif
yeah i been meaning to explain that. i know empire asked a page back or so.

i lost an avy bet...sox didn't win the AL EAST

Mark Mancari has been a nice surprise this pre-season. I watched the Oil-Nucks game a couple nights back and he played well.
I really question whether Owen Nolan will make the roster. If not, I hope he gets on somewhere. Is THIS the year Hodgson makes the big club? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Deadset, what the Hell is going on with your avy?
laugh.gif
yeah i been meaning to explain that. i know empire asked a page back or so.

i lost an avy bet...sox didn't win the AL EAST
FB can relate, he had that Canucks avy for awhile
laugh.gif

i have to make a bet with sosly this season regarding the oilers and flames

but there is NO WAY im betting that we place ahead of them in the division. not this year at least
laugh.gif

^
Season series would be a good bet.

I hate both teams with a fiery passion, so I'll be cheering for a small pox outbreak.

fair enough (even tho i STILL dont feel good about that
laugh.gif
)

sosly, season series avy bet?

also i just realized ill be juggling the NT draft today and one from the hfboards oilers league at about the same time. yeeeesh

i wont be able to make it due to the pats game today...but ive set some auto picks

Roomate did my picks while I was in a meeting. Got me D Sedin, Burrows, Kes, and Hamhuis. 
pimp.gif

He's a Leaf fan, so he got me Kessel and Phanuef. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

^Nothing wrong with Kess, he's the #1 winger/player on our team, I feel he'll really benefit from having Connolly feed him the puck (assuming Tim stays healthy). Phanuef on the other hand, well he won't get you many points but shots and PIM's he's good for
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom