OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

ALL IM GOING TO SAY IS...

not even sure what to say... i will say i switched bars after 2 so the other bar will be the spot to go for the rest of the playoffs... :rollin

i also cant say i never had a doubt but what a grit and balls effort by the Bs... my god. Milan Lucic came to play in the playoffs as seen tonight. great job overall by everyone, especially the kids Bart and Hamiilton. 4 goals or not, it wasnt a D failure.. hope seids is okay for the next round.

OK...I'm not too mad at the outcome of the Caps game. Lundqvist was the difference in the series and they deserved to win.

I like the direction the Caps are heading in. This year was supposed to be somewhat of a step back due to losing players and having a new coach...they exceeded my expectations. Next year, no excuses. They'll be playing in a MUCH tougher division so we'll see what they're made of going forward.

Again, congrats to the Rangers.

*Soooooooooooooooooo happy I'm not a Leafs fan. :lol WOW. :{

Alex whining about the refs? You should be better than that. One goal and one assist in 7 games? You are better than that

Pens need to get after Ott tonight, I'd like to continue seeing Iginla with Crosby. Cooke will take attention away from Sid in Ott so that's always good

Alex whining about the refs? You should be better than that. One goal and one assist in 7 games? You are better than that

Pens need to get after Ott tonight, I'd like to continue seeing Iginla with Crosby. Cooke will take attention away from Sid in Ott so that's always good

Yeah...he should have kept his mouth closed about the refs. People know the calls were one-sided, but it was something that didn't need to be said after losing last night. Comes off as sour grapes.

Sidney Crosby better keep his head on a swivel....I guarantee Chris Neil lights him up at some point during the series.

He always does, when they met in 08 an Ottawa writer called for an intentional injury to him. The owner is already taking verbal shots at the Pens...about Twitter of all things

If Alex would've been making comments through the whole series about the refs it not only would've looked much better but the message would've been heard and more received

Last edited:
my head is pounding this morning but....don't even care :lol

what a comeback. milan ******g lucic put the team on his back last night. that's how he needs to play the rest of the way. minus trying to start with phaneuf...everyone in the world knows that ***** isn't going to drop the gloves unless it's against gionta or someone under 5'8".

bartkowski stepped up huge with seidenberg going down. nice to a defenseman that can SKATE the puck out of the zone instead of just throw it up the boards or play pass and catch with his linemate. huge game. dougie stepped up as well, although had a couple shaky moments. expected for a 19 year old in his first game 7.

LOVE that bergeron scored the tying and winning goals. the guy has been getting KILLED for his lack of offense (i'm partly guilty of it) even though he's been solid in the dot and in the other two zones. and marchand and seguin looked like themselves on the game winning goal in OT...both of them making that goal happen.

lastly, shawn thornton...i don't think you should be playing, but whatever you said to seguin before hitting the ice for OT worked. i assume it was along the lines of, "stop being a ***** boy and get into the corners and ******g grind."

bring on the blueshirts

I'm still feeling for Leafs fans this morning :lol that was brutal.....oh and go Sens :D *yes I'm hating*

I HATED when the rangers played ottowa last year. they beat the CRAP out of us. soooo physical.

i still cant believe boston won :lol

Last edited:
Watching the game last night Leafs were up 3-1 thinking to myself "Boston gonna **** around and come back", walk away for like 30min. and the game is in OT. :rollin

A somewhat healthy Seidenberg and Ference will be vital to defeating the NYR.

Bartkowski showed composure, class, and strong skating.

Can't believe Alex would question the LEAGUE when you lose 4 out of 5 games after leading 2-0.

been hearing people at work talk about how they shut the TV off or left the bar early...people waking up and driving off the road when they hear the radio announce, "Game 1 between the Rangers and Bruins will be Thursday night..."

:rollin

suckas

Can't believe Alex would question the LEAGUE when you lose 4 out of 5 games after leading 2-0.

If he was going to say something, he should have said it after game 3 and game 6. Last night, the officiating was fair. Not a good look by Ovechkin complaining after the fact. He is better than that...

Ovi really is a baby dude only scored 1 Goal in the first round and has the nerve to say the NHL is fixed.

AO isn't the first to question officiating and won't be the last. wrong move on his part for sure, especially the manner and timing. but it happens to many after a playoff exit given the high level emotions involved in sports. it applies to all sports and superstars (i.e. the baltimore ravens defense)

Last edited:
Ovechkin is such a baby.

No call on this, and has the nerve to blame of the officiating?

Like I said...Game 7 was officiated really well. They let the boys play. There were instances which were highlighted earlier, where the Caps were whistled for things that the Rangers got away with.

Ovi really is a baby dude only scored 1 Goal in the first round and has the nerve to say the NHL is fixed.

Tortorella said the same thing...

Q. Hank said that, especially the penalty shot, that they could have been made for the event.

TORTORELLA: "I'm not sure if NBC got together with the refs to turn this into an overtime game ..."

"It started with the non-call [when] Gabby was pitch-forked in the stomach, and then everything starts going against us. They're two good referees; I thought the game was refereed horribly. So I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe they wanted to get it to an overtime. I'm not sure if they have meetings about that or what. But we stood in there. They're good guys. But in that third period, it was disgusting."

Link

As DSA said, Ovechkin isn't the first or last player who's going to complain about something when emotions are running so high. Timing of his comment was bad...That's the only negative I can take away from what he said.

Last edited:
I havent seen this much hockey coverage on ESPN .. like EVER... All about the Leafs and Bruins game... wth..

THe blackhawks was quite a bit but itd never took up so much air time...

Last edited:
Wasn't around to post for the game last night, and mostly got updates of the score from text/word of mouth, but LGR! What a statement game.

Bruins/Rangers easily has 6/7 game potential.

Back
Top Bottom