OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

The debauchery I witnessed last night in the Philly/Tampa game
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Regarding Lu and the Canucks @ Ducks game.

I don't like how he goes down so quickly. He commits, and leaves so much empty net. He's gotta train himself to stay up a little longer and then a lot of these high shots that always seem to go in on Lu might get saved.

That 4th goal was a back breaker, and those are times where he needs to step up, play like an elite goaltender, and make a big time/game saving save. Against the Kings, even with the win and some nice saves, he was overall kinda awkward. I'm not sure if it's confidence or something else, but that whole vibe of "I am the best goaltender in the league and nothing is getting past me" is gone.

I'm rooting for the guy, but he needs to show me something that would cement him as a starter. A shut out or two, and few more of those save like he had on Ovi.

Marc Savard is so right. He said look out for Marchand and look what he does. Turnover and then a great feed to Seguin! Somebody needs to throw down because everybody is getting antsy with each other after that Lucic hit on Miller. 

Anybody know where I can get a camo hockey jersey? Those things are nice. 
pimp.gif

Jets-Blue Jackets was probably one of the worst hockey games I've ever watched
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Jets played horrible, they were completely flat the whole game and couldn't get anything going offensively. I know they're probably still tired from all the travel but the lack of effort out there was inexcusable

Blake Wheeler needs to go ASAP, I give credit to the Bruins fans on this board who warned me about him and I thought he could have a good year. But he has done NOTHING this season, he doesn't create scoring chances, he doesn't finish plays and he refuses to go to the front of the net. For the most part I like the guys on our team, but I'd have no problem trading him, but the problem with that is that he's playing so bad nobody else would want him.
30t6p3b.gif

Seguin is better than i thought... pretty sure thats not the first time ive said that either
laugh.gif

kids the goods
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Blake Wheeler needs to go ASAP, I give credit to the Bruins fans on this board who warned me about him and I thought he could have a good year. But he has done NOTHING this season, he doesn't create scoring chances, he doesn't finish plays and he refuses to go to the front of the net. For the most part I like the guys on our team, but I'd have no problem trading him, but the problem with that is that he's playing so bad nobody else would want him.
30t6p3b.gif
No problem 
laugh.gif
 It sucks that you are seeing it firsthand but the Bruins fans saw it as well. The thing about him, he was a first round pick. Wheeler really thinks he should be playing 1st line minutes and I think he does. Last Winnipeg game I saw was against the Habs so I don't know if he is still playing 1st line minutes. Yes, he doesn't create any scoring chances whatsoever because all he cares about is himself. He's a shoot-first kind of guy. Not to say there's anything wrong with that but he doesn't think about setting up people if that is the better opportunity to get a goal. He's excellent at shooting wide though so I give him that. When he was with the Bruins, I always thought he was a little slow. 
Going to the net is not in Wheeler's repertoire. He is really supposed to play the gritty power forward game where you plant your $#! in front of the net and throw your body around to let other people know you're here. In his mind, he's a "dangly sniper". Seriously, he will try to carve up the defense with his "puck handling abilities" and then shoot wide.

He likes to hang out around the slot area and since he's a first round pick, why should he go to the dirty areas? Who is he? Ryan Smyth? No! It's Blake Wheeler and I don't have a beak of a nose like Smyth! 

sucks cause Wheeler is loaded with talent. he was a sick college player, he just refuses to adapt to the gritty, nhl style that you have to play unless youre name is Kovalchuk.

I don't care how big Lucic is...it was absolutely GUTLESS of the Sabres to do nothing after what he did to Ryan Miller.

*BTW...I love how the bruins play.  They bully the @%#% outta people
pimp.gif

*Another thing...Alexander Semin HAS to go.  Hopefully GMGM can put together some sort of enticing package to bring Iggy to DC. 

/\
laugh.gif
everyone knew that already tho, thats y they only gave him the year extension.... they know the type of dude Jizz is

hell turn it on for a month at some point, his wrister is still top 5 in the game, period.

laugh.gif
@ miller whining after the game. you came out for a puck, you're fair game. call your teammates out for not sticking up for you as they should have done

meeting with shanny on monday for lucic...seriously? no headshot at all. better not be suspended

laugh.gif
wheeler....sorry it's not working out hawkflight...the man was hated here by 99% of fans. i hope he catches on somewhere if not with you guys

Back
Top Bottom