OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Our division is certainly interesting, we have to deal with Detroit- who's always good and Chicago- who's going to be really good as long as Toews/Kane/Hossa are there. Nashville will be good if they can keep all their guys and Minnesota has been pretty good this year. St. Louis and Dallas are usually middle of the pack teams so I'm not worried about them, and Columbus has been awful for several years now.

I'm not thrilled with having Chicago and Detroit in our division, but my biggest gripe is being in one of the 8 team divisions. Like I said though, we're back in the league so I can't really complain

if that happens, im sooooooo glad minnesota isnt in our conference
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

love the realignment! as long as i get to play the habs six times a year, im happy
laugh.gif

and not having detroit moved into the division/conference is much appreciated
pimp.gif

Interesting, I thought David Booth did the exact same thing in Calgary the other day.

Jordin Tootoo is the first player to be punished under the NHL's crackdown on contact involving goaltenders.

The Nashville Predators forward was suspended two games Tuesday following a collision with Buffalo's Ryan Miller on Saturday night. Tootoo was racing hard to the goal and had the puck knocked off his stick before hammering Miller.

"The fact remains that it is the attacking player's responsibility to make a better effort not to crash directly into the opposing goaltender," said NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan. "The goaltender must feel protected in his crease."

It was an unpunished hit on Miller last month that prompted calls for more goaltender safety. Shanahan elected not to suspend Bruins forward Milan Lucic for a hit on the Sabres goalie outside of his crease on Nov. 12, but heard from general managers afterwards that the majority were in favour of punishing such infractions.

In Shanahan's video explaining the Tootoo suspension, he notes that the player looked up and saw Miller before crashing into him and actually made the contact worse by jumping as he entered the crease. He also noted that Sabres defenceman Christian Ehrhoff had a role in the play.

"Although Ehrhoff does make body contact, we did not feel that it was significant enough that it altered Tootoo's path into Ryan Miller," said Shanahan.

can't be disappointed with tonight's effort. pavelec was just out of his mind tonight. hats off to him...

Great win tonight, Pavelec was unbelievable- 39 saves
pimp.gif

You have no idea how happy I was to see Mark Stuart get back in the game after that hit from Krejci, we've already used 12 d-men this year, we don't need another injury
edit: I just looked at the standings and with our win we moved past Washington into 2nd in the division
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

^so that basically means thats not gonna happen
laugh.gif

then again, he did call the richards and carter trades

if i was calgary i would demand one of your young stud d-men, at the very least

Originally Posted by Physicx

^so that basically means thats not gonna happen
laugh.gif

then again, he did call the richards and carter trades
He just waits until he sees other sources confirming the trades.............he has never been the 1st to announce or break any trade
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Giroux 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

dude is gonna be a top 5 player. *cue the homer calling
laugh.gif

this is why I was fine with Richards and Carter going; JVR needs to step it up though...he is the most $^#@& to watch b/c he plays like I did which is lazy with talent 
laugh.gif
 my coaches used to get so mad at me

I don't see Semin sticking around much longer. Watching him play is painfully dreadful.

Hunter seems to coach like a fan in terms of personnel moves and line pairings. Last night we saw the 8-19-28 line and Carlzner has been a staple. Also, Roman Hamrlick, the most overrated "presence" in hockey, hasn't seen a jersey. Moves like these at the very least keep a fan in the coach's corner.

Pending what (e3) means up in that trade rumor/pipedream I would welcome that deal.

I wouldn't give up Holtby in that deal. No way. There is close to ZERO goaltending depth in the organization and it makes no sense to trade a potential star (Holtby) for a soon to be 35-year old Iginla. That's not to say I wouldn't want Iggy here, but I'd take Holtby off the table and see what else we could offer to Calgary instead. Package of Semin, Schultz, Eakin, and a draft pick for Iggy/Butler/etc? I dunno....just throwing that out there.

Schultz skated 3 minutes last night...his time is short in DC along w. Semin. Hunter will not accept soft play. I liked seeing Brouwer dropping the mitts last night and since Dale has taken over, the team has been 100x more physical. They'll get it together.

And not for nothing, Ovechkin has been playing VERY well for the past 2-3 games. His goal last night was vintage. Hopefully, he'll get back on track. Gotta get out of this slump he's in.

Carlson = 7 points in the past 3 games
pimp.gif

How did Brouwer fair in his bout? I missed the first period of last night's game.

Would you swap out Alzner for Holtby in that deal and would that even be enough?

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

How did Brouwer fair in his bout? I missed the first period of last night's game.

Would you swap out Alzner for Holtby in that deal and would that even be enough?

Brouwer kicked the %*** outta the dude on the Sens....it was one-sided.  Landed a killer upper-cut. 

Nah...wouldn't move Alzner. 

He's as close to untouchable as you can get.  Him and Carlson are the future of the blueline. 

Semin + Alzner is WAY too steep for Iginla.  On top of it all, that would leave a huge void on defense because there is no one on Calgary's roster who could fill the void of losing Alzner. 

how we lose against the team dead last in the east?

i STILL dont know why renney uses belanger on the pp instead of magnus

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Holtby being too valuable to trade for Iginla... theres TONS of good young goalies

Iggy is litterally a once in a generation player... ppl always quick to say he gettin older yada yada look at Teemu... and O Iggy outscored Ovie last year..

the dude is one of the greatest leaders/players in the whole league on an inherently AWFUL team... he would go HAMMM playin with Nik Backstrom

even if u only get 3 years outta him id expect a cup run and thats EASILY worth Holtby with how easy its gunna be in coming years to get solid goaltending

Edit: and
laugh.gif
at Giroux someday bein top 5... he alrdy is
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Holtby being too valuable to trade for Iginla... theres TONS of good young goalies

Iggy is litterally a once in a generation player... ppl always quick to say he gettin older yada yada look at Teemu... and O Iggy outscored Ovie last year..

the dude is one of the greatest leaders/players in the whole league on an inherently AWFUL team... he would go HAMMM playin with Nik Backstrom

even if u only get 3 years outta him id expect a cup run and thats EASILY worth Holtby with how easy its gunna be in coming years to get solid goaltending

Edit: and
laugh.gif
at Giroux someday bein top 5... he alrdy is
sick.gif

Holtby in that proposed trade is TOO much (in case you forgot, he was 10-2-2 last year w. 1.79 GAA/.934 SP)...please show me the good young goalies in the Caps organization aside from him.  I'll wait.  If we had Vokoun locked in for more than one year, then yea...you consider making that trade.  There isn't much depth in the minors for the Caps.  Their best players are now up with the big club and they need to re-tool. 

so Sidney isn't feeling right from a hit; he needs to call it a career before things get worse

Did you see the hit?  Didn't look like much...kunitz low-bridged Crosby.  There wasn't even a hit to the head.  But...I guess it doesn't take much for a guy in Crosby's condition to rattle the brain a bit.  Unfortunate...as much as I dislike him, the NHL is much better when he's able to play.  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

so Sidney isn't feeling right from a hit; he needs to call it a career before things get worse

Did you see the hit?  Didn't look like much...kunitz low-bridged Crosby.  There wasn't even a hit to the head.  But...I guess it doesn't take much for a guy in Crosby's condition to rattle the brain a bit.  Unfortunate...as much as I dislike him, the NHL is much better when he's able to play.  

are we definitely sure it's head issues? seems like it'd be a leg/knee type of issue from the hit. but i guess you're right...coming off a severe head injury, probably doesn't take much. hopefully it's 100% precautionary and nothing serious.

Back
Top Bottom