OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Rumor circulating....Alexander Semin to SJ for Marleau + 2nd round pick....

They just got rid of one overrated/choking winger, I definitely don't see why they'd trade one of their better playoff performers for him.

You nailed Bruce to Anaheim on the head though
laugh.gif

Wow, I'm not surprised Bruce got another job but I didn't think it would be so soon. Hopefully Carlyle gets another chance somewhere, I always liked him after he coached here with the Moose. But I don't have a problem with this move- at some point every coach gets tuned out and he had been there 6 years so it was going to happen at some point.

Tonight should be interesting- the Coyotes are playing in Winnipeg tonight, I'm really curious to see how the crowd will react

Updated: December 1, 2011, 11:26 AM ET

[h2]Bruins' David Krejci signs extension[/h2]

ESPNBoston.com

The Boston Bruins on Thursday announced a three-year contract extension for center David Krejci that will run through the 2014-15 season.

Krejci, 25, was in the final year of his contract that will pay him $4 million this season. A source tells ESPN.com the deal is worth an average of $5.25 million per year.

After a slow start to the season, Krejci has picked it up as the Bruins have gotten hot, winning 12 of their past 13 games. The first-line center had just one point in seven games in October but bounced back with nine points in 12 November games, including a goal and two assists in Wednesday night's 6-3 win against Toronto.

Krejci has spent his entire career in the Bruins' organization after being taken in the second round of the 2004 draft. He's been with the big club since the 2006-07 season.

He has tied for the Bruins' team lead in points in each of the past two seasons (52 in 2009-10 and 62 in 2010-11).

He was especially valuable last postseason, when he led the Bruins with 23 points en route to the Stanley Cup.

Information from ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun was used in this report.

pimp.gif
love it

Updated: December 1, 2011, 1:33 PM ET

[h1]Mike Grier retires after 14 seasons[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

Forward Mike Grier, who played for the Edmonton Oilers, Washington Capitals, Buffalo Sabres and San Jose Sharks during 14 seasons, announced his retirement Thursday.

325.jpg

Grier

Grier, 36, last played in 2010-11 after signing a one-year deal with the Sabres in his third stint with the team.

He finished with 162 goals and 221 assists in 1,060 regular-season games.

"I was very fortunate to be able to play 14 seasons in the NHL with some great players," Grier said in a statement released by the NHL Players' Association. "The memories and friendships that I have built during my time in the league will last a lifetime. I would like to thank my former teammates, family and fans for helping make my career so memorable for me. It was a great ride, and I am now excited and looking forward to my post-playing future."

Born in Detroit and raised in Boston, Grier was a ninth-round draft pick of St. Louis in 1993, and is one of the first black NHL players to have been born, raised and trained in the United States.

Grier played at Boston University, where he was part of the 1994-95 NCAA national championship team. That same season, he also was a Hobey Baker Award finalist.

mike
pimp.gif

i remember watching him play at BU...i was only 10 back then

The message is clear w. Dale Hunter...you dont hit, you don't play....playoff-type hockey between Caps/Pens. GREAT game so far...

*Mike Grier will be the first black coach in the NHL.

DJs...going to a caps game in a couple weeks and it says, "white game". does that mean caps wearing white, or is it like a "white out" for the fans?

nathan gerbe just took a skate blade to the face...hope dude is ok. looks like he caught it direct on the mouth, nose, cheek area...

I liked what I saw from the team tonight. A lot more flow to the game when the coach isn't constantly matching lines.

Nice to see the refs win themselves some money making sure Philly won.

went to a sports bar with.........my parents
roll.gif

watched ryan jones spark a comeback vs the blue jackets, complete with his 1st career hat trick

got tickets to the battle of alberta tomorrow so hopefully the momentum carries over

spitfires game (encore presentation) on NHL network...getting a chance to watch my dude khokhlachev
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

dont look now, but blake wheeler with 7 points in his last 7 games
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
His line with Kane and Bryan Little have been really good lately
Wheeler is actually leading our team in plus/minus with a +6
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

nathan gerbe just took a skate blade to the face...hope dude is ok. looks like he caught it direct on the mouth, nose, cheek area...
I hope he's ok. I really like that ******. He's a real scrappy player. 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom