OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Jets win 4-2 vs. New Jersey

Evander Kane was absolutely dominant, he scored 2 more goals and now has 14 this year

i told yall about that boy Evander... i knew when he slumped Matt Cooke he was gunna be a problem... so strong and physical for his build

now that hes learned to get to the dirty areas in front of the net hes gunna be a lock for 30 goals the next cpl seasons

30t6p3b.gif
@ me for dropping Kane

I understand the hyper-sensitivity surrounding Ryan Miller's return following the Lucic collision, but there is NO WAY that Tootoo should be suspended for what happened last night. On one hand I'm happy that the Sabres finally sacked up and actually defended Miller....on the other, Lindy Ruff needs to SHUT UP. What could Tootoo have done in that situation? The angle he coming from made it literally impossible to stop or avoid any sort of contact. It's going to be utter horse %%*! if he loses any game because of this.

Two of those conferences are pretty clearly better than the other two. You're going to have teams miss the playoffs with better records than teams that made it, if that proposed format is approved. Not a fan of the idea. IDK why the realignment needs to be that huge. Move NSH to the SE, WPG to the NW, DAL to the CEN, and COL to the PAC and you're set. Don't change the playoffs so the eight best teams don't get in. Why should the two eastern conferences get 8 spots between 14 teams, while the other two conferences have to battle for those 8 spots between 16 teams? They're at a disadvantage from the start.

Oh, and lets not even start on the geography of the proposed conferences. How do the two Florida teams end up in that conference? And the Pittsburgh conference would have a cakewalk schedule travel wise. The other conferences would have horrible travel.

BTW does anyone in Montreal or Boston want to take away rivalry games against each other just so they can see their teams playing more games against PHX, DAL, STL, etc. I don't think so. At least two games against every team would be horrible for the rivalries in the game.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I understand the hyper-sensitivity surrounding Ryan Miller's return following the Lucic collision, but there is NO WAY that Tootoo should be suspended for what happened last night. On one hand I'm happy that the Sabres finally sacked up and actually defended Miller....on the other, Lindy Ruff needs to SHUT UP. What could Tootoo have done in that situation? The angle he coming from made it literally impossible to stop or avoid any sort of contact. It's going to be utter horse %%*! if he loses any game because of this.
Co-sign all of this.

That 4 conference is certainly interesting. I like the fact that there would be home and homes with every team in the league, that way everybody gets a chance to see Crosby,Oveckin etc. And I do like that playoff format, there will certainly be some intense games if you're playing the first 2 rounds inside the division.
What I don't like is that we're stuck in an 8 team division, instead of one of the 7 team divisions
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cquan05

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Co-sign all of this.
laugh.gif
Just realized I typed those last two sentences like Karl Malone. 

I personally do not have a problem with the proposed conferences, but, If I were Detroit & Columbus, I would definitely not be happy.

Still iffy about hockey surviving long term in Phoenix and Sunrise, Florida.

i agree with LVJ.
seriously...

Flyers, Penguins, Rangers, Caps. in one conference. 

tumblr_kwr74wGj5g1qad7qzo1_500.jpg

i don't like the idea of the flyers battling Crobsy, King Henrik, Malkin, Ovie for a finals spot.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i LOVE my conference if that goes through
laugh.gif

You guys would have cake walk in that conference.  
laugh.gif

Now that I've read the ins and outs of those proposed conferences, it's not an ideal scenario the way they are formatting the playoffs.   

I agree with PhilBalla, and LVJ, the best conferences will have good teams not make the playoffs because.   And I dislike that there will not be a EAST/WEST separation during a potential Semifinals/Finals. 

Well the realignment proposal was approved. 
30t6p3b.gif

It might get a little boring watching the Pens/Flyers/Caps/Rangers play each other in the playoffs EVERY year. I'm gonna miss the Avs-Wings and Hawks-Nucks like rivalries. And obviously the Ducks are never making the playoffs. EDM, SJ, VAN, and LA in our conference. 
sick.gif

Bull@$%!
so each team plays teams from other conferences twice (home and home)

that's what 58 games??? so extra divisional games??

whole thing sucks

I honestly don't mind the 4 conference alignment. I'm just so happy we're back in the league it doesn't matter where we play
laugh.gif
it will be nice to see every team come to the Peg

^ i know how you feel. stuck with some consider the top 3 players in the world (Ovie, Sid, and Malkin) and imo the best goaltender in the world in Lundqvist.
add the Devils too. 

all teams that are active in the  big FA's too. Unlike Florida and Tampa.

nuc-u-fffuuu2.jpg

Sucks to be a Islander/Hurricane fan
laugh.gif

man intense game versus the pens tonight. pen's last 15 minutes were relentless...but outside of that i think we had em beat. tim thomas tonight
eek.gif

refs were horrendous btw...for both sides

Back
Top Bottom