OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Seriously, Winnipeg fans are one of the best fans in the league.  They need to get a winning team on the ice though, it would be a shame if all the games are sold out, and the team is underachieving. 

Originally Posted by Proshares

So this was brought up on the radio today and my homerism won't let me say no
laugh.gif

Is Neidermayer a top 5 defenseman of all time?

he's good but top 5? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh; maybe top 10 though
Orr

Coffey

Potvin

Stevens

Lidstrom

Bourque

Robinson

Chelios 

Leetch

MacInnis 

I don't know if I put the last three over him.
I would except maybe Chelios 
MacInnis and Leetch had a scoring ability that neither of those 2 have which makes me place them a tad higher; they could take over a game offensively 

Not to take anything away at all from those two but they had some big offensive years in a different era than when Niedermayer was in his prime. One of the best at going from defense to offense and joining the rush. Plus, gotta consider how heavy of a trap game the Devils played and how little they managed to score as a team outside of the top line. Overshadowed by Lidstrom for the most part but I'd say he's top 5.

Speaking of joining the rush, Dimitri Orlov is one of the bright spots on this dismal Caps team. He is a magician with the puck on his stick.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Seriously, Winnipeg fans are one of the best fans in the league.  They need to get a winning team on the ice though, it would be a shame if all the games are sold out, and the team is underachieving. 

laugh.gif
Given where we are in the standings right now most people would say we're overachieving. There were a lot of people that predicted we would finish in the bottom 2 or 3 of the Eastern Conference and as of right now we are 1 point out of a playoff spot.

Not to take anything away at all from those two but they had some big offensive years in a different era than when Niedermayer was in his prime. One of the best at going from defense to offense and joining the rush. Plus, gotta consider how heavy of a trap game the Devils played and how little they managed to score as a team outside of the top line. Overshadowed by Lidstrom for the most part but I'd say he's top 5.
yeah I hear your points; it's all oranges to apples and in his prime Niedermayer def. played when scoring was probably at an all time low
Kimmo Timonen reminds me a lot of Niedermayer; Niedermayer Lite

needs playoff prowess moves him right on the fringe for me, hate these kinda lists but yea id say so... cant think of 5 dmen id rather have all time...

obv didnt get to see much of some of the older guys tho

Filatovs back..hahahaha
what a guy....we call him Zuby Jr. cause when Ilya Zubov was with the Sens, wed go out and hed drink a bottle of grey boose to himself every night thus his stint at the NHL Rehab centre so Filatov has made us call him Zuby Jr. lol

yes..

like i said that was what he bbmed me when we chatted and as i stated, it could be different and it is... ive been in exams so havnt followed alot alot of anything but my books nor do i follow philly much cause i only have time to watch the sens if that. heres a pic of rundblad hammered 4 hours before Karlsson took him to the airport
395716_10150447824293423_502833422_8814292_408498625_n.jpg

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

beat the Flyers tonight and the Rangers are on top in the Eastern Conference
pimp.gif
heading up to my local spot to watch; should be a good game...they need to do this after the last meeting

Originally Posted by sosly

cannot wait for the WJC. thats one tourney i try not to miss

are you hitting up any of the games?

i was at the city centre mall here and some of the swedish team (including klefbom) were in sportchek
laugh.gif

one of them bought a nugent-hopkins t-shirt
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

My man Blake Wheeler
pimp.gif

I think he heard my rant a couple weeks ago
laugh.gif
17 points in his last 16 games, now he's tied for the team lead in points

Back
Top Bottom