OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Need those email addys!, 4 invitations sent

League Name : TapTapPull
Password: NTS&T

Draft TENTATIVELY schedule for tomorrow night 8:45 pm EASTERN

I'd join if there are spots, but I wouldn't be able to make that Draft due to my own game at 7:15
ohwell.gif

League ID#: 60483
League Name: TapTapPull
Password: NTS&T
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Wed Sep 28 11:45pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 10
Live Draft Pick Time:
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 8, 2012
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 5
Min Games Played: No minimum
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 7 days from Mar 26 to Apr 1
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Divisions: No
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW)
Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Any chance the draft time can be moved back 45mins to an hour (or more)? If not, no point in me joining
laugh.gif

just got ticks for the Flyers home opener

when does the Winter Classic go on sale? I don't care what I have to pay if I have to buy 2nd hand; I am going.

Originally Posted by cquan05

Any chance the draft time can be moved back 45mins to an hour (or more)? If not, no point in me joining
laugh.gif

if i move it its makin me push it to tommorow which im cool with if that means everyone can draft...

anyone with somethin to do tommorow night? late... like  11:30pm EST

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Police charge Chris Moorhouse[/h1]

Associated Press

LONDON, Ontario -- Ontario police have charged a 26-year-old man for throwing a banana on the ice toward Philadelphia Flyers player Wayne Simmonds during an NHL preseason game.

Chris Moorhouse of London, Ontario, was served a summons for engaging in a prohibited activity under the provincial trespassing act. If convicted, he faces a fine of up to $2,000.

London Police Chief Brad Duncan said at a news conference Wednesday the offense did not meet the threshold of a hate crime or mischief.

A banana was thrown from the stands Thursday night as Simmonds skated toward Detroit goalie Jordan Pearce at the John Labatt Center, about 120 miles from Simmonds' birthplace of Scarborough.

Simmonds, who is black, scored on the play in the Flyers' 4-3 overtime loss to Detroit before a crowd of 7,427. Simmonds issued a statement the next day, calling the situation "unfortunate."

Duncan said that police acted on a complaint by arena management. The information received by police came "from a variety of sources," he said, including social media.

"Clearly, the incident became the focus of the local community and across the national and international plane," Duncan said. "Mr. Moorhouse has expressed remorse for his actions."

Duncan said Moorhouse has retained a lawyer. A court date has not been set.

Duncan said it's the first action of its kind at the Labatt Centre, and it did not meet the threshold of a hate crime or mischief.

"You have to demonstrate and be motivated by hatred," he said. "Although the banana did hit the ice it did not interfere with the play, so it didn't meet the mischief threshold."

London Mayor Joe Fontana issued an apology after the game, calling "a stupid and mindless act by a single individual."

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman also strongly condemned the person responsible.

On Monday, Simmonds allegedly used an anti-gay slur against New York Rangers' agitator Sean Avery during an exhibition in Philadelphia. The NHL didn't punish Simmonds because the league said there wasn't conclusive evidence.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Police charge Chris Moorhouse[/h1]

Associated Press

LONDON, Ontario -- Ontario police have charged a 26-year-old man for throwing a banana on the ice toward Philadelphia Flyers player Wayne Simmonds during an NHL preseason game.

Chris Moorhouse of London, Ontario, was served a summons for engaging in a prohibited activity under the provincial trespassing act. If convicted, he faces a fine of up to $2,000.

London Police Chief Brad Duncan said at a news conference Wednesday the offense did not meet the threshold of a hate crime or mischief.

A banana was thrown from the stands Thursday night as Simmonds skated toward Detroit goalie Jordan Pearce at the John Labatt Center, about 120 miles from Simmonds' birthplace of Scarborough.

Simmonds, who is black, scored on the play in the Flyers' 4-3 overtime loss to Detroit before a crowd of 7,427. Simmonds issued a statement the next day, calling the situation "unfortunate."

Duncan said that police acted on a complaint by arena management. The information received by police came "from a variety of sources," he said, including social media.

"Clearly, the incident became the focus of the local community and across the national and international plane," Duncan said. "Mr. Moorhouse has expressed remorse for his actions."

Duncan said Moorhouse has retained a lawyer. A court date has not been set.

Duncan said it's the first action of its kind at the Labatt Centre, and it did not meet the threshold of a hate crime or mischief.

"You have to demonstrate and be motivated by hatred," he said. "Although the banana did hit the ice it did not interfere with the play, so it didn't meet the mischief threshold."

London Mayor Joe Fontana issued an apology after the game, calling "a stupid and mindless act by a single individual."

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman also strongly condemned the person responsible.

On Monday, Simmonds allegedly used an anti-gay slur against New York Rangers' agitator Sean Avery during an exhibition in Philadelphia. The NHL didn't punish Simmonds because the league said there wasn't conclusive evidence.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

30t6p3b.gif
Was kinda hoping he'd get charged w. a hate crime so his life would be @$#*%$ up...

Did any of yall see his pic?? 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

*edit*

actually, in thinking about it, dude's life in London is gonna be a mess now that everyone knows his name. 

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by cquan05

laugh.gif

if i move it its makin me push it to tommorow which im cool with if that means everyone can draft...

anyone with somethin to do tommorow night? late... like  11:30pm EST

Would be much appreciated my dude, maybe not 11:30 though
laugh.gif
Does 10pm work for anyone tomorrow night?

im good with anytime tomorrow, also i really think you should add a couple ir slots.

/\ drink some coffee old man youll be alright haha im tryna be accomidating for any west coasters as well
laugh.gif

as far as IR slots... well see

i understand y it makes sense to have more, just in case your team gets decimated but i think that adds to the fun managing who to keep n who to drop/replace and pray is there in a few months when u have the room to waste a bench spot

Probably won't make this draft as well. I'll do pre-draft rankings this time though

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

/\ drink some coffee old man youll be alright haha im tryna be accomidating for any west coasters as well
laugh.gif

as far as IR slots... well see

i understand y it makes sense to have more, just in case your team gets decimated but i think that adds to the fun managing who to keep n who to drop/replace and pray is there in a few months when u have the room to waste a bench spot
Normally I'm up all night but this new job requires me to be in bed by the outrageous hours of like 10pm
laugh.gif

yeah, i'm good either time.
rumors are the Flyers are trading Hartnell
30t6p3b.gif

don't know how Shelley, Leighton, and Walker still have contracts 
indifferent.gif

Just got home from the Jets game, we won 3-1 and it was amazing
pimp.gif

Having only watched AHL hockey (except for an NHL exhibition game every 3 years) live I was amazed at the difference in play. The NHL is so much faster, the players are much bigger and way more skilled and it should be great fun watching the Jets this year

Best moment of the game, after we scored our 2nd goal to go ahead the crowd behind the Hurricanes started chanting Brian Boucher's name, and the other half of the arena was chanting Go Jets Go
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom