OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Re: Brown:

There is some speculation that the Kings floated the trade rumour to the media as a way of motivating him (If so, its worked wonders. He has 4G and 3A since the pre-deadline rumours). Nevertheless, I agree with many of you that Richards will likely be wearing the 'C' next year.

Yeah, Brown is playing with a fire under him now. The way he has stepped up the last 3 games since the Jeff Carter trade is the way he should be playing all year.

I think that was the reason for the lack of leadership criticism this team was getting.

On another note, Anson Carter has more points (1 point, 1 Asst) as a King than Jeff Carter at this point.  
laugh.gif

pretty sure you're the only saber fan.
flyers hasn't scored first in the past 12 games
sick.gif
....i think i rather have the 6th seed tho
laugh.gif

Not looking good for the NA...

[table][tr][td][h1]
Daily Dish: Frankenfeld Gets New 3-Year Deal? - Junior Hockey News
[/h1]

Published: Thursday, 1 Mar 2012

By: Stephen Heisler  |  Web site: JuniorHockey.com

http://www.juniorhockey.com/images/arrow_back.gif); background-position: 0px 11px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Back to Junior Hockey News
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
1862953_zfrankie.jpg

Sources within the North American Hockey League have confirmed that Commissioner Mark Frankenfeld's employment contract has been renewed for another three years. We would like to express our gratitude to the NAHL's Board of Governors for continuing junior hockey's version of Other People's Money. Fail or succeed, Frankenfeld's tenure has made for great content for us here at JuniorHockey.com.

What can we expect to see the NAHL do for the next three years? As long as Frankenfeld is at the helm, we are sure to see the career of his good friend Tony Curtale be extended.  Curtale will be able to continue his reign as the most important celebrity coach in the league. There is nothing like having the commissioner's shield covering the tracks of every transgression.

We also are very sure that the league's love-hate relationship with this site will continue. In the interest of good will, this site submitted a cooperative agreement to the league in advance of the scheduled board of governors meeting that took place last week. I am being told that the proposal was to be considered, but support for it diminished when my article about an inappropriate player-coach relationship was posted. The league elected to shoot the messenger instead of what they should have done, look into the relationship.

After facing the reality of the situation on the West Coast, Frankenfeld has coughed up two certain lame ducks (Simi Valley & San Jose, Ca) as possible new franchises to save the West Division. Maybe it is a pipe dream, or even just wishful thinking, but trying to force NAHL franchises onto two suspect organizations is very irresponsible. These two groups can find a laundry list of failed franchises that started out in a much better position than these two teams.   

What should the two Alaska teams do?  Flights in and out of Chicago are cheaper than going to San Jose or Los Angeles. Also something that should seriously be considered, Alaska Airlines offers non-stop service from Anchorage.  Fairbanks and Kenai River would be better off subsidizing the cost of air travel in order to play in whatever is left of the North or Midwest Divisions.

The elephant in the room, the persistent chatter about the Central Hockey League's interest in junior hockey, has created a number of whispers among NAHL owners, but very little concern. That could prove to be catastrophic.

As the ball of time continues to roll, the Central Hockey League is poised to make a serious entry into junior hockey. When they jump, the splash is certain to have a drastic impact on the NAHL's ability to operate effectively.

Any advantage that contraction would have giving the league in regards to level of play, gets tossed out the window if the CHL enters the picture offering a Free-to-Play model that also includes free billeting. With sanctioning expected to be provided by AAU, the CHL will be able to operate freely without interference from USA Hockey. This also means that the CHL will not be subject to international transfers, import restrictions, or have to honor NAHL roster protections.

I am certain that reputable leagues like the United States Hockey League, Atlantic-Metro, EJHL-South, MnJHL, NORPAC, and AAU's Western States Hockey League will be able to form working relationships with the CHL. Others, and certainly the NAHL, will not.  The NAHL can chalk up that situation to Frankenfeld's own history of courting CHL franchises for his own financial gain. Hey, you guys elected to keep him around for another three years, not me.

Does anyone want to try and set the over/under for the number of new teams that enter the league over the next three years of Frankenfeld's new contract? I am thinking ten...and taking the over. How many will he lose? Again, ten, and again, I am taking the over.

What do you think?
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

On another note, Anson Carter has more points (1 point, 1 Asst) as a King than Jeff Carter at this point.  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
why you gotta bring that name up?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
why you gotta bring that name up?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just for fun.  Jeff Carter needs to get on the scoring sheet. 

Originally Posted by DoubleD Productions

Kind of disappointing that the Pens didnt make any moves before the deadline... SMH
Are you serious with yours? The Pens are probably going to win it all this season w/o Crosby. What kind of move did you want them to make, what player(s) did you think management should of got?

Jets up 4-0 on Florida
pimp.gif
after converting on what could quite possibly be the first 5 on 1 rush in the history of hockey
laugh.gif

edit: 7-0 win, now only 2 points out of division lead

david effin' krejci
pimp.gif

i hope my dude stays hot...pure nonsense to talk about dumping him

the hockey news top 50 players voted by the players
1. Sidney Crosby
2. Pavel Datsyuk
3. Claude Giroux
4. Steven Stamkos
5. Jonathan Toews
6. Evgeni Malkin
7. Nik Lidstrom
8. Alex Ovechkin
9. Daniel Sedin
10. Zdeno Chara
11. Henrik Sedin
12. Shea Weber
13. Henrik Lundqvist
14. Tim Thomas
15. Marty St. Louis
16. Phil Kessel
17. Pekka Rinne
18. Jaromir Jagr
19. Corey Perry
20. Henrik Zetterberg
21. Nicklas Backstrom
22. Erik Karlsson
23. Drew Doughty
24. Joe Thornton
25. Ryan Getzlaf
26. Jarome Iginla
27. Ilya Kovalchuk
28. Brad Richards
29. Zach Parise
30. Anze Kopitar
31. Marian Gaborik
32. Patrick Kane
33. Rick Nash
34. Ryan Suter
35. Patrice Bergeron
36. David Krejci
37. Tuukka Rask
38. Marian Hossa
39. Jason Spezza
40. M.A. Fleury
41. Kris Letang
42. Mike Richards
43. Milan Lucic
44. Duncan Keith
45. Teemu Selanne
46. Miikka Kiprusoff
47. Ryan Miller
48. Jordan Eberle
49. Patrick Marleau
50. Vinny Lecavalier

Giroux
eek.gif
pimp.gif

i'm sure a lot of bias in this voting tho
laugh.gif

I want to see Shea Weber or Ryan Suter donning the Winged Wheel next year very badly.... No Stuart and probably no Lidstrom as well.... Going to need at least 1 Top 4 defenseman because I think Quincey can play at a Top 4 level especially here.

THE GOPHS WIN THE MACNAUGHTON CUP - WCHA REG SEASON CHAMPS
YYYEEEAHHHHH! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Crazy Win tonight against Wisconsin....
On to the Final Five

player list is garbage without result totals, and obviously biased...

No worries Frenchy theyll get a deal done with d brown... the trade rumors were jus that and prob intiated to get him goin... success

with carter n richards there that takes a TON of pressure off him n Kopitar and all their offense really...

I havent really read alot about what other ppl are sayin about the LA situation but b/c I dont care
laugh.gif
i think theyre making really solid moves...

they managed to hang onto Bernier for now and bolstered the O for sure... look for them to make a playoff run me thinx

Rangers Win
pimp.gif

After those 2 quick goals in the 1st. The 2nd period and late 1st were unbearable to watch, Couldnt get anything going.

Stepan came through though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Like the way you think. 
smile.gif

A solid win Saturday, hopefully a BIG win tomorrow in Nashville, and Kings are right in the hunt of things.  Carter has to keep it going, and Bernier is here to stay for the year, so he needs more playing time.

Just got home from the Jets-Sabres game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
holy $#!& was it loud

The crowd was on Miller the whole game, even coming up with a "silver medal" chant a couple times

Updated: March 5, 2012, 9:50 PM ET

[h2]Bruins' Tuukka Rask out 4-6 weeks[/h2]

By Joe McDonald
ESPNBoston.com
Archive

Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask was diagnosed with a lower abdomen/groin strain and will miss four to six weeks, the team announced Monday night.

As a result of the injury, the Bruins signed veteran netminder Marty Turco to a one-year contract.

Turco, 36, played in only four regular-season games for EC Red Bull Salzburg in the Austrian First Division this season. He will be placed on NHL waivers, and if he clears, he will join the Bruins on Wednesday. If he clears waivers, Turco will not be eligible for the Stanley Cup playoffs because he will join the Bruins after the trade deadline.

Turco's contract is pro rated for $600,000, a league source tells ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.

Turco played 10 seasons in the NHL with the Dallas Stars and Chicago Blackhawks. He has a 273-165-43 career record with a 2.35 goals-against average and a .910 save percentage. He posted 41 career shutouts and compiled six 30-plus win seasons.

After playing the first nine years of his career with Dallas, Turco spent the 2010-2011 season with the Blackhawks and posted an 11-11-3 record with a 3.02 GAA and an .897 save percentage.

Rask suffered the injury at 9:01 of the second period while making a save against the New York Islanders last Saturday at TD Garden. He fell to the ice in pain and needed to be helped off. At the time, the score was tied at 1-1, and the Bruins eventually lost 3-2.

Rask is 11-8-3 with a 2.05 goals-against average and a .929 save percentage in 23 games this season.

With Rask sidelined, the Bruins recalled goaltender Michael Hutchinson from the Providence Bruins of the AHL. At the time of his recall from Providence, Hutchinson was 6-11-0 with a 2.62 goals-against average and a .920 save percentage.

Tim Thomas, the Bruins' primary goaltender and the reigning Vezina and Conn Smythe trophy winner, is 27-15-0 with a 2.28 GAA and .926 save percentage in 45 games this season.

Joe McDonald covers the Bruins for ESPNBoston.com.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

this isn't good...and turco can't play in the playoffs because it's already past the deadline. i think at this point, we can spare some more losses if we don't sweat seeding...so get thomas some rest because he looks BEAT. he's not playing well anyway. split the rest of the season between turco and timmy imo.

Back
Top Bottom