OFFICIAL: HOH: HOUSE OF HOOPS THREAD

but is the HOH sellin the blk/cactus foams?

Yes, they have both the cactus and the blk/red ones.

And is it just me, or does House of Hoops look like a rip off of the Lebron Pop-Up store they had in soho last year?
It's still a nice store, but the similarities are blatant.

Once again...another GREAT Score video...that was awesome.

I'm excited to check out the HofHoops one day...but 50 seems pretty...no...VERY ambitious...

I've been to The Point, the AF1 shop in LA, and while the dude working there was amazingly cool (long hair/hoop shorts always/some tats), that place isdead all the time. Once the initial luster of an opening launch wears off, and more importantly once the shoes get trickled down to Huarache'07 Max Elitetype stuff, I'm just not sure if down the road FIFTY stores can sustain themselves. You might be seeing more attendance at a WNBA game.

Cool place... I copped a NYC hat from there... I nearly crapped myself when I saw the NYC Zoom BBs... gotta go back 2 cop those

Now if Hughes can stay healthy
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

I'm excited to check out the HofHoops one day...but 50 seems pretty...no...VERY ambitious...

I've been to The Point, the AF1 shop in LA, and while the dude working there was amazingly cool (long hair/hoop shorts always/some tats), that place is dead all the time. Once the initial luster of an opening launch wears off, and more importantly once the shoes get trickled down to Huarache'07 Max Elite type stuff, I'm just not sure if down the road FIFTY stores can sustain themselves. You might be seeing more attendance at a WNBA game.
Yea, when I saw that feature i was all
eek.gif
when I heard 50 stores.Even 50 Stores worldwide seems like a lot. Unl;ess of course some of these "stores" are just features in already existing FLs and NikeTowns (Etc.,)

RU

I think we all know Larry has a tough time staying healthy. The bigger question is how effective he'll be. He has looked just god awful this year.

"Did charles just say "nike made it cool to wear shoes"? "

Well, it may have been worded weird, but I see what he is saying...Before shoes were always just an essential to an outfit, and something to wear to protectyour feet....With Nike's innovation and marketing, shoes became something "cool" and indeed " cool to wear"....People actually caredabout what was on their feet, and to build their rep...

Blazers, thanks for posting that vid. I'll def have to swing by next time I go to the Apple....

LA is the next city to open, then Vegas. From whats been floating around the office each HoH will have its own look o complementthe surrounding areas. Every 3 weeks they will drop a package. To those of you who truly want a pair of PE's the store will be carrying "OnCourt" and "Game Worn" PE what will be autographed. Watch for NBA players in the HoH will there sig shoe drops for autographing and meet andgreet signings.

Ya' know that I have to speak on this spot.

First of all, I loved the decor of the store. It's hot and then classy, not cheesy at all. I loved the boutiqish feel, while each section has its own feel.The Wade part is a risk due to his shoes not being very popular, but he deserves the attention.

My big issue with the Harlem House of Hoops, is that you feel as if you are being accosted at every turn.

I'll walk in the door then, "HEY!"

"How are you! My name is so and so, and if you need any assistance..."

This is cool the first time, but as you pass the middle of the store, "HEY!"

"How are you! My name is so and so, and if you need any assistance..."

Then looking at the PE's, "HI!"

Hopping out from one of the clothing racks was a cute chick, " My name is so and so, and if you need any assistance..."

I was hit up seven times by these cats, and the one chick, and I was in the store for about five minutes.

If any of you who work there are here on Niketalk, tone it down a little. It'll make for a better shopping experience, especially for those of us who liketo shop without disturbance.

Thats better than being ignored and finding yourself lost like in Home Depot
roll.gif
. hello , hello, hello-echo sound

^I feel that whole "let me chill and look around" attitude, because that's the type of shopper I am.

But they're probably trained to do that for the people who go there and don't know what the hell they're looking at. People on NT know what shoesthey want, for whatever reason and they just want their size. That's pretty much how I shop, I just ask for my size (rarely will I try it on), and hit upthe register and bounce.

I can't wait for the L.A. store to open, I'm hoping they'll have some of the kicks that dropped at Harlem, or something equivalent to it. I sawthat interview clip and I would pass on all of those Air Max PE's that are dropping.

Some places you go in retail, the employee looks as if it's a big bother to assist the customer. I will take the well trained employee everytime.

Hell SoleSupreme said that the folks working there knew little about the shoes... I like my folks with customer service AND a knowledge of the product they aretrying to move.....
pimp.gif

Tell me some s
devil.gif
devil.gif
t I dont know....
laugh.gif

I agree RU, i went to Footlocker, and they had a bunch of new people, i askd " What is good for outdoor balling?" then he brings me a pair ofXX2's, im like dude this wont last then he walks away to ask manager whats good. they didnt see the soldiers

Sales are currently sucking at the HOH, the soldiers sold well within 2 days, the BB's did fairly good, Foam's went out, but besides that nothing elseis selling...All the retro's, forces have started to collect dust....let's see how long this actually lasts or what other strategy Nike+Footlocker comeup with.

Did anyone really expect the retro J's and Forces to move at that store?

I mean thinking about it even briefly, it's easy to see the PE's are the only things that will SELL sell, Foams will sell like Foams and you'll getyour AF1 or Jordan retro every now and then, but really, who's kidding who? You can get those J's and Forces anywhere, the point of that store is thePE's that release there.

I was under the impression that a lot of the FL's, Champs and Foot Actions would close down around that area, or at least clean out ALL of their Nike/JBproduct to make HOH THE store to go to for that stuff. I thought that because when I went to my local Champs they hardly had any Nike BBall, just Jordans and awhole lot of runners/trainers/retros. Obviously I'm jumping the gun, but the point is the PE's, who's going there to scoop Tweed Barkleys andStealth VIII's?

You have 2 Jimmy Jazz stores with one having a House of Hoops theme in their Nike section, a Modells, Champs, Marshalls, three stores which are all owned byDr. Jays, five boutiques that basically sell the same footwear that everyone else sells, a spot that sells fakes, so outside of the HOH selling exclusives andPE's, I don't see what else they can do in order to make a market.

Everyone else on that strip can discount their shoes at their own discretion, depending on how long they sit on the shelves.

Also, while the HOH is a hip LOOKING spot, it sticks out like a sore thumb on one two fifth.

It's an odd deal, but it seems that Nike didn't do their research as well as they could've, and then should have.

^ I guess Nike's decision only limits at having a "Special" (aka HOH) Footlocker location sell ONLY Nike products. The location factor may havesorely been a Footlocker decision only. The location where the HOH is now located was a Footlocker-store which was closed down(6-7 months ago?) only to bereplaced by the HOH there now! I guess to convince Footlocker to carry Only Nike products, Nike had to offer them PE's to give them a little greed.Footlocker may have chosen the Harlem location to convert to HOH as it probably wasn't doing well to begin with with all the competition down 125th St. Nowdid they expect to sell the Retro's and Forces just as fast as they sold those PE's now?

Let's see how they gamble this move!

^ Everybody up there sells Nike and Jordan! Adidas and Reebok don't get any love from the stores up there at all, and I think that is about to backfire.Overkill perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom