OFFICIAL: HOH: HOUSE OF HOOPS THREAD

Originally Posted by Mister Jack Johnson

^ Everybody up there sells Nike and Jordan! Adidas and Reebok don't get any love from the stores up there at all, and I think that is about to backfire. Overkill perhaps?

Does the MAJORITY of the market even want Adi' and Reebok's? Nope!

Originally Posted by SoLeSuPrEmE

^ Everybody up there sells Nike and Jordan! Adidas and Reebok don't get any love from the stores up there at all, and I think that is about to backfire. Overkill perhaps?

Probably not in harlem, but they do sell elsewhere. That store is going flop hard without consistent pe's.

Originally Posted by SoLeSuPrEmE

I forgot to mention ATMOS is on 125th as well, but Adidas and Reebok will have a higher profile, just by being harder to get Uptown.

Different stuff gets noticed. To be quite honest, Nike Basketball doesn't have the pull it once had, especially Uptown. As you already mentioned retrosrule, and a company like Nike should not want to rely on trends like this, as this may render them obsolete. Actually it's already happening, but this maybe a very good thing for the biz of kicks.

Good to see 'pontificating' making its NikeTalk debut.
laugh.gif

I just came from there this morning

The store setup is nicely done and the items being sold were just like any other sneaker shop accept for the PE editions

I did feel that there was an associate everywhere you went but they stopped when I said I was sneaker collector. They have some knowledge of sneakers but notlike some on this board and the sneaker community.

There problem is that they want the casual customer not people like us on this board
it seemed that the PE shoes are what grab everyone to the store.

They had the chinas still and they had andre igudola's shox leeper. The other PE shoes were small sizes or not available.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Good to see 'pontificating' making its NikeTalk debut.
laugh.gif
With so much of it going on on here on a daily basis I am surprised the word hasn't been used before.

MaZe

^ Yeah but they weren't in Philadelphia colorways they were all black with a little bit of white. I didn't even pick them up since they didn'tinterest me. But they had his name on them on the display and the intials were on the PE when you were in the store on the left hand side where the otherPE's were.

I can give a better description now that I am home from a long day in the city and not on my Iphone.

First, I have No pics (a niketalk requirement I know) because they would not allow me to do to problems they had from a couple of days ago. (? maybe rock canexplain but I don't know nor did I push the issue)

The PE wall is awesome when you first walk in and is actually going to be changed on the 8th when the new PE's come in. Once the PE is sold out, that isit, they will not get a restock of that shoe. (So much for my Kidd's) They may have some new soldiers on the 8th in different styles of course and if not,then definitely next month but there will be more styles.

Each part of the store is sectioned into each type of nike basketball product. So one side is BBALL shoes and the PE's and converse BBALL. the other sideis lifestyle type releases like dunks, blazers, cb34s, and foams and college basketball gear.

The back of the store is Jordan with clothing on one side and the sneakers on the other. They had some of the VIII's that just released and the PE 22'sbut other than that, it was team shoes for now. They told me that it is the only department that is very secret when it comes to special releases and that theydon't even get told about what will be released for jordan unlike the nike PE's but they were told that big things will be planned once the store ismore established.

The Front right now is devoted to The Charles Barkley collection.

The atmosphere is awesome but like mentioned before, the associates do get a bit clingy and you feel a little cornered when talking to them. They have somesneaker knowledge but unless you let them know you collect sneakers or are a sneaker head, they will try to teach you everything about the shoe they want toshow you.

That is when it also gets interesting. Everyone in the store is friendly and is kind but, they want more of the casual customer. The PE's are the mainreason to go to the store but with many of the dr jays, modells, champs, and footaction in the area around it, Picking up a pair of white on white air forceones is a stretch when these stores are surrounding the area.

The other issue is the partnership with footlocker. It is fine that they are with them but, the associates told me that many people have come in looking to buyother brands and also being turned off because it is a footlocker, so some feel that there is no difference than a regular foot locker. (unlike all of us whoknow already what the store is about and the sneakers they may offer.) Sneakerheads are great for them but like I said, they want the individual who isn'tin to sneakers as much as we are to come and check out the store. The goal is to not have the foot locker logo by some point when the store is more successfulbut for now, it is what it is.

Now, I am not saying they don't want our business, in fact, they love seeing our kind drop $5,000 in the store because of the exclusives that you can getthere. (From what I was told was done two days ago from someone in the store)

I suggested to try to get phone orders done when they are able to. I know that the most of the PE's are around 48 pairs each or there may be 24 for others.

I was told that they will when more stores are open but for right now, the store in Harlem is it for now until the figures come back from the store. I was alsotold that the way we have been doing it with all of us here helping each other out is the only way they will be shipped from New York so the store is a"when I am in New York City" type thing.

If you guys can get to the NYC area I suggest you make your way to the store even if it is just to look around.

I just sent an pm to kid lebron but I forgot to mention I am in upstate New York. I have no clue the next time I will be down there in that part of the city.

I might not even try to go back on the 8th but I apologize that I will not be able to get these shoes for you guys. I have low funds as is so even puttingsneakers on my cards to ship for people I can't do.

Damn House of Hoops sounds like a dream store to me. Too bad there isn't any near me. Would've loved to scoop up those BG and Kidd Zoom BB's andZk2 Finishers.

The plan is to release new PEs each month, or what?

I need to know for potentially planning a trip early next year.

I will be there on the 8th! I might be able to help people who want shoes if you make it worth my while send me a pm

^^^good lookin chad!!! wow...almost like the good o' days of nt...haha. not to say that a good samaritan shows up every once in a while, but still indeedvery rare.

man...i wish they would have made a D FISH max elite PE to the public...but he wouldn't really sell that much. but i know i would have!!!

The back of the store is Jordan with clothing on one side and the sneakers on the other. They had some of the VIII's that just released and the PE 22's but other than that, it was team shoes for now. They told me that it is the only department that is very secret when it comes to special releases and that they don't even get told about what will be released for jordan unlike the nike PE's but they were told that big things will be planned once the store is more established.

Jordan P.E.'s rock my socks
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom