Official Houston Rockets Off-Season Welcome Marcus, Motiejunas, and Flynn

I also see what Morey is doing Franchise. Those contracts will be like14 million off the books and we can go get a big free agent. Morey you son of a !#$#%.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

The hard part is getting a legit FA to sign with the Rockets now. It won't be easy.  
Why must you crush my dreams?
tired.gif
laugh.gif

You're right though, Houston isn't exactly the first place on any big time free agent's list. This is why I'm of the thought that you just suck for a few years get a top 5 picks and
you end up with a star or two. Look at teams like the Clippers and Wizards whose front office isn't nearly as good as ours I don't think and yet they are able to get players like Griffin and Wall
not because they're geniuses but because they simply sucked. Morey is smart and has made some great moves but if you can't convince a star to come here( or stay once traded here) what other
options do you have besides being bad for a few years?

The hard part is getting a legit FA to sign with the Rockets now. It won't be easy.  
Why must you crush my dreams?
tired.gif
laugh.gif

You're right though, Houston isn't exactly the first place on any big time free agent's list. This is why I'm of the thought that you just suck for a few years get a top 5 picks and
you end up with a star or two. Look at teams like the Clippers and Wizards whose front office isn't nearly as good as ours I don't think and yet they are able to get players like Griffin and Wall
not because they're geniuses but because they simply sucked. Morey is smart and has made some great moves but if you can't convince a star to come here( or stay once traded here) what other
options do you have besides being bad for a few years?

-- The Rockets tried to work a deal for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in an effort to get one specific player. My hunch was the #2 pursuit was to get Kanter, even over Derrick Williams. That was wrong -- it was for Jonas Valanciunas.

-- Brandon Roy all over again? Talked about this before the draft and hearing that was how it played out: Rockets had a scenario in place with Detroit at #8 for Bismack Biyombo and Charlotte swooped in to make the deal with Sacramento at 7 to get Biyombo. Same spots in the draft where the Foye-Roy-Gay issue happened in 2006. Yahoo! had reported Charlotte moved up there to get Tristan Thompson... if that was the case, then obviously Biyombo was next on their list.

-- Apparently the Rockets almost made a deal with the Golden State Warriors for Andris Biedrins tonight, which shocked me (he's owed a lot of $$ I believe). I don't know any details beyond that but look for more in the Houston Chronicle from Jonathan Feigen.

-- Rockets really like Motiejunas' post game. They feel his post moves are very, very good. Still more of a projected player, 2 years down the line, but they like him. They had good intel that he was going just before them at 23 and they jumped up to get him.

-- Sounds like Jonny Flynn is a distant third on the depth chart at PG (which I guess surprised me). They feel he will need to prove himself here, that Lowry-Dragic are clear 1-2.

-- Rockets felt Chandler Parsons was a first round talent all the way ... he was in the mix at #23. They were motivated to buy back their pick at #38 when he was available there. It was mentioned that he would be the third tallest SF in the league next year (haven't checked that).

Biedrins? And Justice is reporting we got close last night and we will continue talks in the upcoming days.

Uhh..

-- The Rockets tried to work a deal for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in an effort to get one specific player. My hunch was the #2 pursuit was to get Kanter, even over Derrick Williams. That was wrong -- it was for Jonas Valanciunas.

-- Brandon Roy all over again? Talked about this before the draft and hearing that was how it played out: Rockets had a scenario in place with Detroit at #8 for Bismack Biyombo and Charlotte swooped in to make the deal with Sacramento at 7 to get Biyombo. Same spots in the draft where the Foye-Roy-Gay issue happened in 2006. Yahoo! had reported Charlotte moved up there to get Tristan Thompson... if that was the case, then obviously Biyombo was next on their list.

-- Apparently the Rockets almost made a deal with the Golden State Warriors for Andris Biedrins tonight, which shocked me (he's owed a lot of $$ I believe). I don't know any details beyond that but look for more in the Houston Chronicle from Jonathan Feigen.

-- Rockets really like Motiejunas' post game. They feel his post moves are very, very good. Still more of a projected player, 2 years down the line, but they like him. They had good intel that he was going just before them at 23 and they jumped up to get him.

-- Sounds like Jonny Flynn is a distant third on the depth chart at PG (which I guess surprised me). They feel he will need to prove himself here, that Lowry-Dragic are clear 1-2.

-- Rockets felt Chandler Parsons was a first round talent all the way ... he was in the mix at #23. They were motivated to buy back their pick at #38 when he was available there. It was mentioned that he would be the third tallest SF in the league next year (haven't checked that).

Biedrins? And Justice is reporting we got close last night and we will continue talks in the upcoming days.

Uhh..

He would be, but taking into account his injury woes, poor FT shooting and his contract, I dunno if it's the best move

He would be, but taking into account his injury woes, poor FT shooting and his contract, I dunno if it's the best move

I disagree.  Big market city, stable/competent ownership and front office.  It's only a matter of time.  But my God change those uniforms and logo.

I disagree.  Big market city, stable/competent ownership and front office.  It's only a matter of time.  But my God change those uniforms and logo.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

the jerseys obviously had a lot to do with yao ming and the chinese market (white and red jersey/china flag). i've always hated them but i did like the pinstrime jerseys that no one else seemed to like
ohwell.gif

i miss turbo
frown.gif

EDIT: anyone ever watch th FOX tv show prison break? in season 3 when they were in sona, that dude rockin a tmac rockets jersey
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the jerseys obviously had a lot to do with yao ming and the chinese market (white and red jersey/china flag). i've always hated them but i did like the pinstrime jerseys that no one else seemed to like
ohwell.gif

i miss turbo
frown.gif

EDIT: anyone ever watch th FOX tv show prison break? in season 3 when they were in sona, that dude rockin a tmac rockets jersey
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by do work son

ohwell.gif

i miss turbo
frown.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I had no idea that China was the inspiration behind those jerseys.  If it were my call, I'd go back to the red/yellow uniforms  That crappy alternate
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by do work son

ohwell.gif

i miss turbo
frown.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I had no idea that China was the inspiration behind those jerseys.  If it were my call, I'd go back to the red/yellow uniforms  That crappy alternate
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom