Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by handullz

HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP.....

QUESTION....

i gotta know...

i know that you can unlock the TOUCH PRO2 for sprint and use it on TMOBILE....

i get that...

but will the EVO 4G be able to do the same thing?

and if it can... will the radio frequency be able to scoop up tmobile's 3g?

i heard that the TOUCH PRO2 could pick up tmobile's 3g...

just wonderin...
If it has world mode, then you'll be able to. Not right off the bat though, someone will have to create some sort of program to unlock the sim

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by handullz

HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP.....

QUESTION....

i gotta know...

i know that you can unlock the TOUCH PRO2 for sprint and use it on TMOBILE....

i get that...

but will the EVO 4G be able to do the same thing?

and if it can... will the radio frequency be able to scoop up tmobile's 3g?

i heard that the TOUCH PRO2 could pick up tmobile's 3g...

just wonderin...
If it has world mode, then you'll be able to. Not right off the bat though, someone will have to create some sort of program to unlock the sim

hmmmm...

interesting....

good stuff, bro...

After reading around about Froyo and knowing that EVO most likely get it, HOT DAMN! I just might be on board the EVO train soon!! Nexus One users are expected to get the Froyo update first, so hand claps for you guys ...

does tmobile still offer the nexus one?

dont see it on their website
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

still torn between HD2 and nexus one. any suggestions?

N1 runs andriod os, while HD2 runs winmo right?

^^^

i'm jut gonna rock w/ the HD2 cuz of screen size...

and customizable roms...

i'm not sure how Android works when it comes to customization...

i just know that it can be "rooted"...

but w/ windows mobile...

those cooked roms are amazing....

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

nexus one is better then da HD2

HD2 = windows Nexus one = android 2.1 ( froyo 2.2 coming real soon)

to get da nexus one you have to buy it thru google.com/phone and if you're a new customer its 179 with a 2 year contract...if not 549.

I know the HD2 was getting crap, but I haven't heard any responses since the ROM update was released, so maybe things are getting better. Also, I would highly expect Android to be ported to the HD2 by the Fall or Winter if you aren't happy ...

The rom update didnt really do anything........No added features....nothing special at all.

I still like the phone.........I was gonna get the evo 4g till i thought again about how sprints service was soo garbage here in saint louis when i had them years ago.

Then i thought about the fact that later this year, they will probably get a phone thats the same as the evo 4g.............They always release a similar phone about a month or 2 after another company gets their exclusive version out.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

to get da nexus one you have to buy it thru google.com/phone and if you're a new customer its 179 with a 2 year contract...if not 549.
what about existing customers? more then 179?
nerd.gif

no way i would upgrade my contract another 2 years and have to pay 549?

and im assuming i would need to add a data plan to buy the phone at a discounted price correct?

ninjahood what do you like about the N1?

is the media/music/video player good enough that i could get rid of my ipod touch and just use my phone as my go to device?

my bad about all the questions but i just want to make the right decision on my upgrade.
thanks for the info
pimp.gif

Get a Nexus One. I had two HD2, hated them both. I really wanted to like the phone but it was just terrible. The only plus was the 4.3' screen, I'm gonna miss it, but im switching to Sprint for the Evo 4G sooo I wont be missing it to much lol.

doesnt look like im eligible for the nexus one.
got a familytime plan that i share. so i dont know what to do really.

suggestions?

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

The rom update didnt really do anything........No added features....nothing special at all.

I still like the phone.........I was gonna get the evo 4g till i thought again about how sprints service was soo garbage here in saint louis when i had them years ago.

Then i thought about the fact that later this year, they will probably get a phone thats the same as the evo 4g.............They always release a similar phone about a month or 2 after another company gets their exclusive version out.
You're right. I don't think it's too smart to leave your carrier (if you're happy) for Sprint and the EVO4G. There WILL be more to come. This is not the last ill phone, always remember that ...

^^^^

google search "project emerald"...

that's what i'm bankin on, right there....

just flip the hd2 and put the proceeds towards this new joint comin....

Originally Posted by superhitman

question i have verizon and i want evo 4g, but was wondering if i buy the evo 4g and unlock it can use it on verizon?
just get a htc incredible.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

what about existing customers? more then 179?
nerd.gif

no way i would upgrade my contract another 2 years and have to pay 549?

and im assuming i would need to add a data plan to buy the phone at a discounted price correct?

ninjahood what do you like about the N1?

is the media/music/video player good enough that i could get rid of my ipod touch and just use my phone as my go to device?

my bad about all the questions but i just want to make the right decision on my upgrade.
thanks for the info
pimp.gif
if you a existing customer and u not eligible for a upgrade you dropping 549.

da nexus one is like a mini netbook basically, and yeah of course you can dump your ipod touch and rock this as your main device, cuz this can actually multitask and you

can do other things while listening to music in da background.

best thing about da phone is its speed...and its not even at its peak, 2.2 gonna make this already FAST phone...FLY
happy.gif

I'm on that $30/month SERO plan and Sprint is. not. budging. with offering a plan different from what we would see on Sprint.com
laugh.gif

They are wack for that %%*%. I am not dropping 40 MORE a month because of one nice phone...which will SOMEHOW be obsolete within a year.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I'm on that $30/month SERO plan and Sprint is. not. budging. with offering a plan different from what we would see on Sprint.com
laugh.gif

They are wack for that %%*%. I am not dropping 40 MORE a month because of one nice phone...which will SOMEHOW be obsolete within a year.
fams your argument is flawed and i'll tell you why.

so people who got free bootleg cable for decades in NYC aren't posed to pay more for cable now just because we got digital cable with 1080P now? y

that sero plan is looking like a jail cell...sounds like they never gonna give ya good phones till ya come off that plan...so your phones are gonna look like da stone age da longer you

keep waiting.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

You're right. I don't think it's too smart to leave your carrier (if you're happy) for Sprint and the EVO4G. There WILL be more to come. This is not the last ill phone, always remember that ...

BINGO.  Look how fast they trumped the HD2 (which I'm happy with).  Just be patient with it if you don't have one of those real buggy ones.  

Pacmagic, there were no performance improvements, even slight, with the update? 

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

BINGO.  Look how fast they trumped the HD2 (which I'm happy with).  Just be patient with it if you don't have one of those real buggy ones.  

Nothing noticeable to me.......and im on my phone all day while im at work.

I did notice that the sensitivity of the screen seemed to go down........im still messing with it. (my phone never froze much so i cant say if it helps with that.)

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Actually, u got ripped off. Ebay got them for no more than $25
laugh.gif

http://shop.ebay.com/?_fr...sacat=See-All-Categories
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....I shall take my L with dignity on this one good sir.

Last year I bought a 8gig card off ebay and it didn't work on my BB Storm.

And returning and exchanging was such a hassle I rather not even deal with that again.

At least if this one starts acting up on the Evo I can just take it back and get a new one.
Yea, I feel u on that. The trick is to go for the brand u know, not the cheapest thing. If it doesn't say Sandisk and is exactly as such, I'm not bitin. Never fooled w/ the other brands so I never took a chance. I was gettin 4gb cards for $10shipped back when they was selling in the stores for $50
laugh.gif

On another topic, I can't wait to see what that Sk Twist is gon look like and if it'll have a touch screen. Those are the deciding factors for me.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Nothing noticeable to me.......and im on my phone all day while im at work.

I did notice that the sensitivity of the screen seemed to go down........im still messing with it. (my phone never froze much so i cant say if it helps with that.)

Oh ok.  I kinda like the screen sensitivity as is.  Debating if I should even do the update seeing how my phone rarely freezes.  A lil lag here and there but nothing major  

Back
Top Bottom