Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

does this only work for FL residents?
It's open to all residents, David just called me today to confirm.  You really can't beat the 25% you save every phone bill.  David's a good guy give him a holler as soon as you can.
Say i live in California... how can i get David to speak to me
Call the Sprint store, he's the manager at the address I posted.  I posted his cell phone too.  I'm just trying to hook NT up as you've guys put me down many times in the past. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
illfrozn wrote:

Well, looks like you Verizon people might want to chill:

500x_motoroladroidmystery.jpg

A user at HowardForums posted this shot of the set-up guide for a new, unidentified Motorola Droid in a Motorola Shadow pre-release thread. Is this our first look at the upcoming Motorola Droid Shadow?

It's been suggested that the Shadow, with a reported 8MP, 720p video-shooting camera and a 4.3" touch screen, will be the successor to the original Droid, and that it could launch as early as July. If this is that device, it's our first look, besides some renderings from earlier in the year that showed a Droid-like phone with a white slide-out keyboard.

It's hard to tell much from this photo, but this mystery Droid does look like it could be running some updated version of Motoblur, a feature that is supposedly slated for the Shadow. Hopefully this leak is just the first and we'll see Shadow come out of the shadows a bit more soon.

Actually...

The screen will be 4.1 inches and release as of right now is slated for December until further notice/an official announcement.

Also, word is that this will be running on Android 2.2 and will have and HDMI output.

I'm on Verizon myself and am very close to buying the Incredible, but this may change everything...
nerd.gif

I'm hearing different on the RD though. You work for VZW? Saw early version of this phone and there's definitely an HDMI port ...

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

It's open to all residents, David just called me today to confirm.  You really can't beat the 25% you save every phone bill.  David's a good guy give him a holler as soon as you can.
Say i live in California... how can i get David to speak to me
Call the Sprint store, he's the manager at the address I posted.  I posted his cell phone too.  I'm just trying to hook NT up as you've guys put me down many times in the past. 
smokin.gif
Can you post the address again? I can't find it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by illfrozn

I'm hearing different on the RD though. You work for VZW? Saw early version of this phone and there's definitely an HDMI port ...
Nah, I don't wotk for VZW, just know a couple of cats who know a couple cats...
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

You're hearing July, though? I hope so.

How long will this promo last with David ?

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

How long will this promo last with David ?
Til he gets fired.
laugh.gif

Nah, I don't wotk for VZW, just know a couple of cats who know a couple cats...
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

You're hearing July, though? I hope so.

laugh.gif
Then it sounds like you know the right people. I'm digging deeper for more sources on the RD. Someone just winked at me about December being a good month, so you may be correct ...

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

Originally Posted by CWrite78

yeah i know that, just wanted to make sure about the weight. thanks! how are you liking it so far? still not sure if im going to pre-order since im trying to finish building my PC first and this will take away from the stuff i still need to purchase
laugh.gif
.. but then again, i can always put it on the account
Whats the current specs on that pc and what you looking to buy ?

Intel i5-750
asus maximus formula 3
corsair 4GB MS3
corsair h50 CPU cooler (push/pull config with 2 gentle typhoon fans)
asus radeon HD 5870
1TB Caviar Black (thinking about going with an SSD for the boot drive and WD for storage)
Corsair HX650 650w PSU
scythe kazemaster ace fan controller
windows 7 home premium OEM
(i think that's it lol)

all in a coolermaster HAF 932.

all i really need is the GPU, which is 430 -.-

but yeah, i think i'll just put the phone on the account and pay it later. i can't stall this PC anymore
smh.gif

[h1]Video: Flashing Froyo onto Your Nexus One[/h1]
File under: News

By: Joe Levi | Date: 22-May-10 | 4 Comments

froyonexus.jpg

Android 2.2, codename "Froyo", was announced during the Day 2 Keynote of Google IO 2010, and was shown running on the Nexus One . Nexus One users running Android 2.1 were told to expect the Froyo update as an OTA (over-the-air) update "in the coming weeks."

This morning (05/22/2010) people started reporting that the Froyo update was hitting their phone. Of course, these people were running the stock version of the Nexus One ROM (not CyanogenMod, Desire, or other ROMs). Additionally, you must be running the stock recovery image, not a custom image like Clockwork or RA_Recovery.

What's more, apparently, only "review units" are getting the initial rollout.

For those of you who want to run Froyo on your Nexus One, and have not flashed a custom ROM:
1. download the Froyo image
2. rename it to update.zip
3. copy it to the root of your sdcard
4. reboot into recovery mode
5. flash the update.zip file
6. enjoy your Froyo

If you're running a custom ROM and want to run Froyo, you'll need to:
1. backup (optional)
2. wipe
3. flash the stock ROM
4. flash the stock recovery.img
5. get the 2.1 Update 1 update OTA (see video)
6. go through the previous steps above for non-custom ROMs

(video is uploading and processing...it should be live within the next few hours!)​

Links mentioned in the video:
- Android SDK
- Fastboot
- Nexus One stock ROM
- download the Froyo image
- stock recovery.img

Is 8GB enough memory if I dont want to carry a ton of media around with me, or will it be easy to use 8GB with roms/apps? I'm trying to decide if I need to go get a 16GB card if I already have a MP3 player for most of my music? I'm asking for a Droid Incredible.

8GB is more than enough if it isn't your primary media player.

my droid came with 16 and i dont think i've even touched 3 gigs, and i have my whole phone backed up to it and a couple albums

but seeing how cheap 16GB cards are, don't see a reason not to get one

Damn the 4th can't get here any faster! I sold my 3GS and going from smart phone to dumb phone for 3 weeks is harder than I thought.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

8GB is more than enough if it isn't your primary media player.

my droid came with 16 and i dont think i've even touched 3 gigs, and i have my whole phone backed up to it and a couple albums

but seeing how cheap 16GB cards are, don't see a reason not to get one

Ok cool. But I'm lookin at it like this.. By the time I might need 16GB of storage, they'll be down to the same price a 8GB is now. Feel me? No point in spending the money now if I dont need it. That's good info. I'll keep what I have.

yeah, makes sense. i never used any of my phones as media players since i always had an ipod. but ever since i got rid of most of my apple products, i've been using my phone to listen to npr/albums and with apps like pandora and slacker, even a small amount of GBs is cool. i probably would have stayed with whatever the phone came with.. just got lucky it shipped with 16GB.

but, enough rambling. yes, 8 is def enough.

Originally Posted by thadangerousmind

Damn the 4th can't get here any faster! I sold my 3GS and going from smart phone to dumb phone for 3 weeks is harder than I thought.

Likewise
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

froyonexus.jpg

Android 2.2, codename "Froyo", was announced during the Day 2 Keynote of Google IO 2010, and was shown running on the Nexus One . Nexus One users running Android 2.1 were told to expect the Froyo update as an OTA (over-the-air) update "in the coming weeks."

This morning (05/22/2010) people started reporting that the Froyo update was hitting their phone. Of course, these people were running the stock version of the Nexus One ROM (not CyanogenMod, Desire, or other ROMs). Additionally, you must be running the stock recovery image, not a custom image like Clockwork or RA_Recovery.

For those of you who want to run Froyo on your Nexus One, and have not flashed a custom ROM:
6. enjoy your Froyo

1. backup (optional)
2. wipe
3. flash the stock ROM

(video is uploading and processing...it should be live within the next few hours!)​

- Android SDK
- Fastboot
- Nexus One stock ROM
- stock recovery.img

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.ziphttp://http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip

^^^this is da actual file, your link didn't work...i just updated to froyo.....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
devil.gif

my phone was already fast....now its RIDICULOUSLY fast....!

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by thadangerousmind

Likewise
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
what the hell is that..a phone?
eek.gif
haven't seen a phone in a minute.

froyonexus.jpg

6. enjoy your Froyo

1. backup (optional)
2. wipe
3. flash the stock ROM

- Android SDK
- Fastboot
- Nexus One stock ROM
- stock recovery.img

This article is incorrect...I was running the Cyanogen Mod rom along with RA_Recovery and I was able to update to Froyo WITHOUT rolling back to a stock version or even doing a wipe...I installed it over my current ROM and it is running with no problems...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686631

Originally Posted by NYCBaller34

froyonexus.jpg

6. enjoy your Froyo

1. backup (optional)
2. wipe
3. flash the stock ROM

- Android SDK
- Fastboot
- Nexus One stock ROM
- stock recovery.img

This article is incorrect...I was running the Cyanogen Mod rom along with RA_Recovery and I was able to update to Froyo WITHOUT rolling back to a stock version or even doing a wipe...I installed it over my current ROM and it is running with no problems...

did u get da ROM from google or from money from da forums? i got da actual joint from da client.google.etc....

Originally Posted by NYCBaller34

froyonexus.jpg

6. enjoy your Froyo

1. backup (optional)
2. wipe
3. flash the stock ROM

- Android SDK
- Fastboot
- Nexus One stock ROM
- stock recovery.img

Idk how it is for android but for WM, they say when you're going to install a new ROM to revert back to stock. The times when I have installed a new ROM on top of a custom ROM, everything was fine....but you never know, better safe than sorry.

Ninjahood....I got it from the forum...just letting people know there are other options out there besides a direct download from google and going through all the work of rolling back to a stock rom...

Mastermind...From my personal usage with WinMo phones I never reverted back to the stock ROM...When I was using the HD2, I was using the Kumar Rom and Enrgy Rom...Whenever a new version of either would come out, I would just install it over what I was running and never ran into any problems...Like you said better safe than sorry...I think its more of just using caution than actually having any problems upgrading...

Ninjahood....I got it from the forum...just letting people know there are other options out there besides a direct download from google and going through all the work of rolling back to a stock rom...
i didn't root my phone cuz i saw no point in doing so...HTC sense doesn't "wow" so i always prefered da "google experience" stock android.

when it comes to ROMs i would trust google over da forum joints just on da fact that we own nexus one phones so google is gonna optimize it accordingly...

and istallation was EAAAAASY...it was literally this..
[h1][/h1]
[h1]How to manually update your Nexus One[/h1]
Posted on Tuesday, Feb 2, 2010by Phil Nickinson

If you're the type who just can't wait for an update to be pushed out (erm, like some of us around here), you're in luck. You can manually apply today's update to your Nexus One, enabling multitouch and (hopefully) fixing that pesky T-Mobile 3G issue. Here's how to do it: [via Android Forums]
  1. Download the update from here (Google official) or here (mirror).
  2. Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you're using Windows, just rename it to "update" (no quotes, of course) because it's already a zipped file.
  3. Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
  4. With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
  5. You'll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader."
  6. On the next screen, select "Recovery."
  7. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
  8. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
  9. Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.
You may have to soft reset a couple of times after this. (I got a picture of the Android guy outside of a box. But a couple resets later and all was well.) But now multitouch is enabled, and we can sit back and relax, knowing that we have zero patience and just can't help ourselves.

and instead of using 2.1 it was 2.2....EASY....

these iphone dudes got it waaaaaaaaay harder jailbreaking and all that nonsense...da nexus one instruction manual TELLS YOU how to get to da bootloader/root screen.
pimp.gif

damn i just peeped that my camera is updated now..i got da tether option.....extra buttons on da home screen....and FLAASSH!
laugh.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

yo im on da worldstar home screen and all da flash ads at da top are playin, all 4 videos can be seen FROM DA TITLE SCREEN. and play right there..pssh..nothing is seeing

my nexus one right now...nada
laugh.gif
devil.gif

i gotta film this and post it here this is epic
frown.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom