Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

I understand the impressiveness of it, but it's funny that you're excited that you're seeing ads on your phone.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

yo im on da worldstar home screen and all da flash ads at da top are playin, all 4 videos can be seen FROM DA TITLE SCREEN. and play right there..pssh..nothing is seeing

my nexus one right now...nada
laugh.gif
devil.gif

i gotta film this and post it here this is epic
frown.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

son made hype
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Naw forreal tho I think ima pass on the Evo and stick with Tmobile and get the Nexus One when they become subsidized at the Tmobile store in a few weeks.

yo im on da worldstar home screen and all da flash ads at da top are playin, all 4 videos can be seen FROM DA TITLE SCREEN. and play right there..pssh..nothing is seeing

my nexus one right now...nada
laugh.gif
devil.gif

i gotta film this and post it here this is epic
frown.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I understand your excitement and all but just remember other phones WinMo and Androind included did have this thing called Skyfire before Froyo released which did play flash videos...just sayin...you back on that fanboy !$% again....

i can't root for da hometeam?
laugh.gif

NYCballer34, who is SEEING da wave of HTC phones wit snapdragons and 2.2? nobody.

Naw forreal tho I think ima pass on the Evo and stick with Tmobile and get the Nexus One when they become subsidized at the Tmobile store in a few weeks.
good move...cuz right now as this moment da nexus one running 2.2 > evo4g out da box (winmax isn't in NYC yet so u rollin on 3g for now)... free tethering, fast google updates,

& wifi hotspot FTW...

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

The Sidekick Twist is very true

No date on when? That HD 2 is sexy as hell but I`m straight on Windows mobile, and my boy told me customers have been complaining of it freezing up. And I like physical keyboards because I have big hands.

Info?

Also I just read your PM's you sent me, my bad
frown.gif

you gotta be a sprint employee to get that plan, better then Sero but yoyu cant get invited.

Since I work for the 3 carriers I can get 3 of those plans from each one at the same price of $25
smh.gif

wink.gif

I'm just going to get a new line. I don't have enough contacts to make it a huge issue. I might even try cancelling my Sero a day or 2 before the phone actually arrives and try to port the same number back since you don't have to activate it until you pick it up. I found out as a US Government Employee, I can get 15% off and sometimes CS on the phone will price match it to Cingular's 19%
If you cancel your line before porting your number youll lose the number forever, but theres a way around it, pm me.

laugh.gif

NYCballer34, who is SEEING da wave of HTC phones wit snapdragons and 2.2? nobody.

good move...cuz right now as this moment da nexus one running 2.2 > evo4g out da box (winmax isn't in NYC yet so u rollin on 3g for now)... free tethering, fast google updates,

& wifi hotspot FTW...

cut it out
grin.gif
I like how u left out the 8 MP vs 5, how u can switch between sense and stock android, Bigger screen, 4G (where available), front facing camera, HDMI out,  and the ability to record 720p video
laugh.gif

Incredible, Evo >nexus one. Talk to me when your multi touch isn't faulty and u can press the capacitive buttons while your phone is on a flat service.

Enough with all that though I just heard about this "HTC Vision" thats dropping it's basically a tmobile version of the HTC Desire but it has a qwerty keyboard. Be on the lookout for that

[h1]HTC EVO 4Gs from Google I/O Flood eBay [/h1]
File under: News

By: CJ Lippstreu | Date: 22-May-10 | 5 Comments

evo4ggoogle.jpeg

If you want to be the first to own a sweet, new Android smartphone before all of your friends, you can always count on eBay. It seems that many HTC EVO 4G (Sprint) handsets , given out for free to attendees at the recent Google I/O conference, are being auctioned on eBay - almost two weeks before the official release date of June 4. Most are being sold, as in completed auctions, in the $400-700 range. Aside from the opportunity to grab the highly anticipated CDMA device early without any contract obligations, it appears that these particular devices from the Google event come with free service until June 20.

Bid at your own risk, as it’s the perfect time for scammers to try and win potential buyers over with their clever tactics. If you’re thinking of taking the plunge, it’s best to look at sellers with perfect feedback and high sales numbers.

(via: eBay)

Who would really pay $700 plus to get this early when you can get it for $450 in less than 2 weeks from Sprint off contract? I guess I can't knock the hustle though some sucker bought my used iPhone 3GS for $405 plus shipping last week.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

laugh.gif

& wifi hotspot FTW...
cut it out
grin.gif
I like how u left out the 8 MP vs 5, how u can switch between sense and stock android, Bigger screen, 4G (where available), front facing camera, HDMI out,  and the ability to record 720p video
laugh.gif

Incredible, Evo >nexus one. Talk to me when your multi touch isn't faulty and u can press the capacitive buttons while your phone is on a flat service.

Enough with all that though I just heard about this "HTC Vision" thats dropping it's basically a tmobile version of the HTC Desire but it has a qwerty keyboard. Be on the lookout for that

-8mp cam VS 5mp cam don't matter...incredible most likely has da same cam as da EVO and its not better then da nexus one.

-my multitouch is fine duke, or did you forget that da update for 2.1 BEEN fixed that.

-Video recording 720×480 pixels at 20fps while it isn't HD its pretty damn good

-da fact that there's no middle man between da nexus one and google means i get updates faster then anyone...i mean hello i already got flash 10, official

native tethering, etc. on 2.2...god knows when da rest of ya getting it officially without rooting.

bottomline is da EVO4g is a beast, but da nexus one is literally just as good for its individual attributes...its all good its all HTC at da end of da day.

Unimpressive. Apple was right.

I had the same issues using Skyfire on my HD2, the video does play, but the controls don't work or take multiple times to work and the video skips with the audio.

i didn't have any problems playing videos straight embedded on niketalk threads..looks just like da desktop.

and i appreciate da fact that android OS allows me to decide whats optimized on MY phone and not mister jobs.

Ninjahood made a great point about how slow updates are rolled out on carrier phones. The HTC Hero just THIS week got the Eclair update... the Hero has been out since November 09 and finally got its first major update this week. Thats what im worried about with the Evo even tho I know Sprint will make it their flagship phone--how long will it take to get updates. Thats the greatest thing about the Nexus One all that gets avoided.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Can some shed some light on "rooting"
nerd.gif
?

it's basically jailbreaking.

you can load custom roms, install apps that need the phone to be rooted (wifi hot spot for one)

and ninjahood is right, megapixels don't matter if the sensor is crap.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Can some shed some light on "rooting"
nerd.gif
?

it's basically jailbreaking.

you can load custom roms, install apps that need the phone to be rooted (wifi hot spot for one)

and ninjahood is right, megapixels don't matter if the sensor is crap.
So will this be available for the EVO right out the box?

[h1]HTC Has Been Busy: The Vision, Glacier, LED, Huashan and Hengshan[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 23-May-10 | 2 Comments

yum.jpg

Although it may seem far away, the holiday shopping season is just around the corner, and you can bet on HTC having an arsenal of new products with which to entice us. We're already starting to hear of a new wave of HTC devices.

First, the HTC Vision may finally be the Android device that those that like hardware keyboards have been waiting for (think Touch Pro2 form factor, but hopefully thinner). According to Engadget, the Vision would sport a WVGA display with a keyboard. That resolution translates into a larger screen, so it's likely to come with a slide-out keyboard and not a front-facing one.

Little is known about the Glacier and LED, except that their names exist for potential upcoming HTC products.

And finally, WMPU is reporting that the Hengshan will be a slate device with HVGA resolution, and the Huashan will take on a similar form factor but with a larger WVGA screen. These two devices are listed as having Internet Explorer 6, which implies that they are running Windows Mobile, but we're pretty sure that following the release of the HTC HD Mini, HTC will be focusing on Windows Phone 7, and not Windows Mobile.

Back
Top Bottom