Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

finally got my g1 on 2.1 after a night of it not working. still having problems with it though like no google apps which i need since i don't know how/where to get apps.

will be messing with it all day after i install the google apps.
Google apps

http://kanged.net/mirror/...pps-ds-ERE36B-signed.zip

Put it on the root of your sd and flash it like you flash the rom. DO NOT WIPE. Flash on top of the rom.

[h1]HTC Vision: An HTC Desire with Sliding Keyboard Headed for T-Mobile?[/h1]
File under: News

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 26-May-10 | 1 Comments

vision.jpg

The HTC Vision is expected as a high-end HTC Android device like the HTC Desire, but also includes a sliding QWERTY keyboard. The device was shown in a system where "TMO" was listed besides the product. As TmoNews points out, however, that the device may be headed to any one of T-Mobile's global markets and is not a definitive indication that the HTC Vision will be US-bound for T-Mobile USA.

To give a better idea on how WP7 will be running, I think the gaming looks really nice and it's a new feature to have. But the OS looks really smooth and quick, the intergration of things is looking good. I really like the lock screen.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Samsung Prototype Windows Phone 7 Device Shown on Video[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 26-May-10 | 6 Comments

winphon1.jpg

At Microsoft's ReMIX conference, MobileTechWorld got the opportunity to spend some time with a Samsung prototype device running Windows Phone 7. The software is very similar to what we showed in build 6176 RC 1, but it's interesting to see it running on an actual phone device (quite smoothly, we might add). In the second video, we get to see the Twin Blades game in action, which was ported in just two weeks from Xbox to Windows Phone 7 using XNA.

I did my preorder at RadioShack today, took almost an hour. The 2 cashiers were hella confused on how to do it. My question is, what are the chances I get charged full price for the phone. I noticed the receipt has some fine print about not guaranteeing the phone will be 199.99$ and I will be responsible for full handset price if it is more, and I'm not due for upgrade so it could be. To combat that, I was just going to have them activate me a new line, but you never know.

Also, the receipt doesn't mention anything about the free 20$ credit toward accessories for it.

I have two HTC HD2s which i think im going to sell to terminate my tmo contract and to cop the evo
does anyone know if you can buy the evo with corporate discounts on sprint?

Am I the only person that thinks Windows Phone 7 looks boring? I think I'd get tired of the panel interface after a while....

Originally Posted by ChopperVille

Am I the only person that thinks Windows Phone 7 looks boring? I think I'd get tired of the panel interface after a while....

I'm still not a fan of that. I rather have Sense UI. Hopefully XDA can make some changes to it.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Engadgetmobile.com

Motorola Shadow glimpsed in the wild: 4.1-inch screen, 8MP camera, OMAP3630 processor?
shadow-side-shot-rm-eng.jpg

500xmotorola-shadow.jpg

Leave it to the very same poster who teased the Motorola Shadow's Getting Started manual, wnrussell of Howard Forums, to provide a pretty clear shot of the device itself -- yep, that's a HDMI out port -- and reveal some purported specs. Here's the claimed technical details: 4.1-inch screen, TI OMAP 3630 processor (a 720MHz ARM Cortex A8), 8GB internal storage, 8 megapixel camera. Yeah, we can buy all that, especially since he's clearly got the device in hand -- so now it's up to Verizon to let us know when we can do the same.

The Droid 2 people, with Evo 4G like specs
pimp.gif
more like EVO junior....da HTC droid incredible has a 4.3" screen w/ a snapdragon 1 gig processor so its better..HOWEVER i do appreciate that its running stock android though.

1. I'm 95% sure that's NOT the Droid 2. That will be another phone.
2. This phone's expected RD is August. It was recently pushed back.
3. Ninjahood, do a little more research. Specs-wise, the OMAP is "specced" slower, but there's a lot involved with that processor and it is considered to be nearly, if not, on the same level as the Snapdragon. Also, Incredible has a 3.7" screen ...

Originally Posted by ChopperVille

Not even that it looks boring.  It just doesn't seem all that impressive to me.  The only reason I can see being really excited about it is if you were a major gamer on xbox and being able to link it to your phone.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I did my preorder at RadioShack today, took almost an hour. The 2 cashiers were hella confused on how to do it. My question is, what are the chances I get charged full price for the phone. I noticed the receipt has some fine print about not guaranteeing the phone will be 199.99$ and I will be responsible for full handset price if it is more, and I'm not due for upgrade so it could be. To combat that, I was just going to have them activate me a new line, but you never know.

Also, the receipt doesn't mention anything about the free 20$ credit toward accessories for it.
Lol it took the guy who did mine about 40 minutes. I would have much rather dealt with Sprint and if it wasn't for those damn rebates I would.

Anybody worrying about the size of the evo, you will get used to it and really appreciate the screen size, especially when it comes to typing (HD2 owner)

Originally Posted by thadangerousmind

Lol it took the guy who did mine about 40 minutes. I would have much rather dealt with Sprint and if it wasn't for those damn rebates I would.
so whats the cheapest you can get the Evo for from best buy without upgrade?

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

I'm aight radio shack right now and they can't even process my order through casue there servers are down.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

I need some advice.  I have the Sero 500 plan.  Im currently paying about $44 a month with insurance.  Im thinking about getting the EVO. The plan for the phone would be 79.99. so i would probably be paying $94 with taxes and insurance. Now i work at staples part time and i think the discount is 20%.  I also might be able get that 20 dollars a month off.  So that means after the staples discount i would be paying 75.20, then the 20 dollars a month would be 55.20.  So thats a difference of 11.20
laugh.gif
(dont judge me im a cheap college student).  I would be even if I didnt have to pay that 4g fee. What would yall do?
i say go for it
Exact same situation. it's going to be $44 vs. almost double after tax ... as bad as I want the EVO I dont think I can do it.

And I'd prefer to have a physical keyboard and I think there is something on the calender, TP2 #@% in form, but Android which is all I want.  And I assume if it's dropping Holiday 2010 the specs should possible be EVO-#@%

Still on the fence tho.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

I'm aight radio shack right now and they can't even process my order through casue there servers are down.

Yea, I was just at radio shack and they told me that the pre-orders just got cut off.....
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom