Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Gifs on NT work on 2.2
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

do you use your Nexus 1 to browse and post on NT?
yes sir, its fabulous on my nexus one

Scrolling prolly isn't very smooth tho
oh on da contrary, da gifs don't affect scrolling performance at all.
pimp.gif

I finally broke down and pre-ordered at The Shack today. Dude was trying to sell me an iPhone and I almost told him to forget it after the 3rd attempt.

Originally Posted by y0uNgNdAnG3RoUs723

Can someone educate me on what is froyo? I currently have a N1 with desire rom and sense UI. what would it do for me?

from what i've read, an upgraded browser with flash 10.1 and also makes it somewhat faster.

Can someone educate me on what is froyo? I currently have a N1 with desire rom and sense UI. what would it do for me?

I believe its Android 2.2. 

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

from what i've read, an upgraded browser with flash 10.1 and also makes it somewhat faster.
dont forget native tethering and mobile hotspot..plus updated camera capabilities.

Via Engadgetmobile.com

Motorola Shadow glimpsed in the wild: 4.1-inch screen, 8MP camera, OMAP3630 processor?
shadow-side-shot-rm-eng.jpg

500xmotorola-shadow.jpg

Leave it to the very same poster who teased the Motorola Shadow's Getting Started manual, wnrussell of Howard Forums, to provide a pretty clear shot of the device itself -- yep, that's a HDMI out port -- and reveal some purported specs. Here's the claimed technical details: 4.1-inch screen, TI OMAP 3630 processor (a 720MHz ARM Cortex A8), 8GB internal storage, 8 megapixel camera. Yeah, we can buy all that, especially since he's clearly got the device in hand -- so now it's up to Verizon to let us know when we can do the same.

The Droid 2 people, with Evo 4G like specs
pimp.gif

man i think i messed up my phone by trying to root it. problem was that new rom came out for a 2.1 for the g1 but all the instructions i found to root it are for the older versions.

can anyone help me?

frozen yogurt

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Engadgetmobile.com

Motorola Shadow glimpsed in the wild: 4.1-inch screen, 8MP camera, OMAP3630 processor?

500xmotorola-shadow.jpg

Leave it to the very same poster who teased the Motorola Shadow's Getting Started manual, wnrussell of Howard Forums, to provide a pretty clear shot of the device itself -- yep, that's a HDMI out port -- and reveal some purported specs. Here's the claimed technical details: 4.1-inch screen, TI OMAP 3630 processor (a 720MHz ARM Cortex A8), 8GB internal storage, 8 megapixel camera. Yeah, we can buy all that, especially since he's clearly got the device in hand -- so now it's up to Verizon to let us know when we can do the same.

pimp.gif

more like EVO junior....da HTC droid incredible has a 4.3" screen w/ a snapdragon 1 gig processor so its better..HOWEVER i do appreciate that its running stock android though.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Engadgetmobile.com

500xmotorola-shadow.jpg

pimp.gif
more like EVO junior....da HTC droid incredible has a 4.3" 3.7" screen w/ a snapdragon 1 gig processor so its better..HOWEVER i do appreciate that its running stock android though.

Fixed.

Via Androidandme

Micro HDMI dock for Sprint EVO coming to Best Buy
bestbuyevoad.jpg

Micro HDMI cables are virtually impossible to find for purchase right now, but Best Buy will be selling a special dock for the Sprint EVO 4G coming soon. The new HDMI 1.4 standard (which established the micro connector Type D) was recently introduced and the EVO is one of the first smartphones to include it.

Devices based on the HDMI 1.4 standard are supposed to be fully backwards-compatible with existing HDMI devices, but users could run into some issues. Early testing done by PCMag revealed mix results and they were “quite disappointed with the HDMI experience on the Sprint EVO 4G.

Phones are getting too big... Think thats another reason I prefer the N1 over the Evo. I don't want any screen thats larges than the Nexus One.

That Droid 2  screen is dumb large

Backordered Droid Incredibles are shipping for anyone who ordered May 9-11. I got my shipping confirmation in my email today.

Btw, whats a good case to use for the Incredible? I'm looking for something similar to that LRG/Monster pouch.

I have a N1 right now, and I'm thinking about switching to the Evo.  But I have a couple questions.

1.  Is the Evo a world phone?

2.  Will they update Sense 2.1?

Thanks NT

I am a little concerned about the size/portability and battery life of the EVO, but that's about it...I'm just going to try it out for myself and see if it works for me.

When I see it next to a phone like the Nexus One or the iPhone, it doesn't look that bad.

htc-evo-4g-comparo-04-hands-1269376719.jpg

Ninjahood....I got it from the forum...just letting people know there are other options out there besides a direct download from google and going through all the work of rolling back to a stock rom...
i didn't root my phone cuz i saw no point in doing so...HTC sense doesn't "wow" so i always prefered da "google experience" stock android.

when it comes to ROMs i would trust google over da forum joints just on da fact that we own nexus one phones so google is gonna optimize it accordingly...

and istallation was EAAAAASY...it was literally this..
[h1][/h1]
[h1]How to manually update your Nexus One[/h1]
Posted on Tuesday, Feb 2, 2010 by Phil Nickinson

If you're the type who just can't wait for an update to be pushed out (erm, like some of us around here), you're in luck. You can manually apply today's update to your Nexus One, enabling multitouch and (hopefully) fixing that pesky T-Mobile 3G issue. Here's how to do it: [via Android Forums]
  1. Download the update from here (Google official) or here (mirror).
  2. Rename the file to update.zip. Note that if you're using Windows, just rename it to "update" (no quotes, of course) because it's already a zipped file.
  3. Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
  4. With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
  5. You'll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader."
  6. On the next screen, select "Recovery."
  7. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
  8. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
  9. Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.
You may have to soft reset a couple of times after this. (I got a picture of the Android guy outside of a box. But a couple resets later and all was well.) But now multitouch is enabled, and we can sit back and relax, knowing that we have zero patience and just can't help ourselves.

and instead of using 2.1 it was 2.2....EASY....

these iphone dudes got it waaaaaaaaay harder jailbreaking and all that nonsense...da nexus one instruction manual TELLS YOU how to get to da bootloader/root screen.
pimp.gif

damn i just peeped that my camera is updated now..i got da tether option.....extra buttons on da home screen....and FLAASSH!
laugh.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif

Do you guys know if I can update my mytouch or mytouch slide to Froyo this way or do I have to wait for the OTA update.
Gracias

I need some advice.  I have the Sero 500 plan.  Im currently paying about $44 a month with insurance.  Im thinking about getting the EVO. The plan for the phone would be 79.99. so i would probably be paying $94 with taxes and insurance. Now i work at staples part time and i think the discount is 20%.  I also might be able get that 20 dollars a month off.  So that means after the staples discount i would be paying 75.20, then the 20 dollars a month would be 55.20.  So thats a difference of 11.20
laugh.gif
(dont judge me im a cheap college student).  I would be even if I didnt have to pay that 4g fee. What would yall do?

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

I need some advice.  I have the Sero 500 plan.  Im currently paying about $44 a month with insurance.  Im thinking about getting the EVO. The plan for the phone would be 79.99. so i would probably be paying $94 with taxes and insurance. Now i work at staples part time and i think the discount is 20%.  I also might be able get that 20 dollars a month off.  So that means after the staples discount i would be paying 75.20, then the 20 dollars a month would be 55.20.  So thats a difference of 11.20
laugh.gif
(dont judge me im a cheap college student).  I would be even if I didnt have to pay that 4g fee. What would yall do?

i say go for it

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

I have a N1 right now, and I'm thinking about switching to the Evo.  But I have a couple questions.

Thanks NT
evo is NOT a world phone.

who knows when sprint will decide to update to 2.2

you're better off sticking with your nexus one..i means techincally its da same phone minus da megapixels, HDMI output, slightly smaller screen.

and you can experience froyo NOW.

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Thanks NT
evo is NOT a world phone.

who knows when sprint will decide to update to 2.2

you're better off sticking with your nexus one..i means techincally its da same phone minus da megapixels, HDMI output, slightly smaller screen.

and you can experience froyo NOW.

it comes with the latest sense ui. the EVO has already been rooted and it hasn't even been released yet. Those dudes over at xda will probably have the froyo rom WITH sense on top by the middle of june. If dude is already on tmobile and has a nexus one i say stay on tmobile cause a early termination fee plus new 2 year contract for $199.99 is a little too much, that's what im going through right now if i didn't have a G1 i probably would have stayed on tmobile and waited for the sidekick twist.

finally got my g1 on 2.1 after a night of it not working. still having problems with it though like no google apps which i need since i don't know how/where to get apps.

will be messing with it all day after i install the google apps.

Back
Top Bottom