Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Is there a sprint rep out there i wann know what the credit requirements are I just looked at my report and its jacked up, and my student loans just hit too so now im wondering if sprint will even give me a damn line so i can get the evo

^ From what I read Sprint will accept just about anyone unless you owed them money in the past or your credit is really messed up beyond the $500 deposit they could ask for, but those $500 deposits are rare so you might just have to pay a deposit if anything maybe $125-$250 is what I've seen.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

I don't know about Android, but both the instructions for jailbreaking an iPhone and flashing a new ROM on a Windows Phone state that you should back up all of your information because your phone will undergo a hard reset.

What do the instructions for rooting say? Is there no easy way to back up your information?
it says it does erase everything.

contacts and such are saved by my google account. but what i need to save are info on some apps like on notepad and only way to do it is if i have it rooted. i guess i can copy and paste it and send it to myself on gmail but thats gonna take a while with the amount of notes i have
laugh.gif
I haven't rooted my phone, but the backup app of choice seems to be Nandroid.  You should be able to find it online.

I don't know about Android, but both the instructions for jailbreaking an iPhone and flashing a new ROM on a Windows Phone state that you should back up all of your information because your phone will undergo a hard reset.

What do the instructions for rooting say? Is there no easy way to back up your information?

contacts and such are saved by my google account. but what i need to save are info on some apps like on notepad and only way to do it is if i have it rooted. i guess i can copy and paste it and send it to myself on gmail but thats gonna take a while with the amount of notes i have
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Android doesn't sync notes?  Even the iPhone syncs notes now.  I already forked over too much money to sync my Touch Pro 2 with my iMac.  I wouldn't want to pay again to sync with the EVO.

Just one more reason that I'm here when it comes to buying a new device:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty

As great of a phone as it is, it's still not offering anything I'm not doing on my TP2 already. Android instead of WM sure, but I'm not having the same freezing problems with mine as other people. So in terms of apps, some sort of media player, wifi sharing, ability to multitask, built in outlook mail, internet synching, flash enabled browsing, Youtube app, well check on all fronts for the 30$ on Sero TP2.
On top of that, I sync pictures (any size I want), playlists, and movies through iTunes as long as they don't have DRM.  I can't bring myself to spend double the money to save a few seconds on tasks, have a larger screen on a convergence device (can buy iPad or Archos device and still have a lot of $ after savings), or a better mobile camera.

At the same time, I keep up with new devices and I doubt I'll complain when Sprint finally gives me the boot.

laugh.gif
eek.gif
Android doesn't sync notes?  Even the iPhone syncs notes now.  I already forked over too much money to sync my Touch Pro 2 with my iMac.  I wouldn't want to pay again to sync with the EVO.

As great of a phone as it is, it's still not offering anything I'm not doing on my TP2 already. Android instead of WM sure, but I'm not having the same freezing problems with mine as other people. So in terms of apps, some sort of media player, wifi sharing, ability to multitask, built in outlook mail, internet synching, flash enabled browsing, Youtube app, well check on all fronts for the 30$ on Sero TP2.
On top of that, I sync pictures (any size I want), playlists, and movies through iTunes as long as they don't have DRM.  I can't bring myself to spend double the money to save a few seconds on tasks, have a larger screen on a convergence device (can buy iPad or Archos device and still have a lot of $ after savings), or a better mobile camera.

At the same time, I keep up with new devices and I doubt I'll complain when Sprint finally gives me the boot.
for my g1 i use an app called ak notepad that has the option to export your notes to your sd card

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

laugh.gif
I haven't rooted my phone, but the backup app of choice seems to be Nandroid.  You should be able to find it online.
says it only works on rooted phones.
well i backed it up already last night before i went to sleep. now i just can't find a rom or whatever it is i need to upgrade it to 2.1

eek.gif

well the notepad app i'm using is from the market so it probably has something to do with that. there's no stock notes app that's on android. and for it to sync i think i need to use google docs.

Originally Posted by datruth92803

Is there a sprint rep out there i wann know what the credit requirements are I just looked at my report and its jacked up, and my student loans just hit too so now im wondering if sprint will even give me a damn line so i can get the evo

i have NO credit history at all and i only have to pay a $150 deposit.

Sprint.com/sero which will redirect you to the new SERO site and use [email protected] 383. That's the way I would go if they let you get the EVO on one of those plans don't see why not.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

same here my credit is donezo so I know I prob gotta pay a deposit

My credit was excellent, approved for 3 lines and a apartment on the moon. They told me I am approved for a medical discount since I work in the medical field and also a Cali AAA discount too. Damn, Sprint is G.

Is that on top of the $199 for the phone, the activation fee, and the first month's bill? It's starting to sound like I'm gonna need like 400 cash when I go to cop one.

I remember them saying my mom was approved for 5 more lines and she already has 5 on her account. I was like !$! lol.

Originally Posted by Memp2Atl85

Is that on top of the $199 for the phone, the activation fee, and the first month's bill? It's starting to sound like I'm gonna need like 400 cash when I go to cop one.

well thats what a deposit is...

you pay 199 + $50 for tax (in cali it would be around $50) usually they give free activation

in your case you add on the deposit so yeah it will be around 400

Damn I wonder what the best case for the EVO will be. I wan't something like the tight skin I have on my Tour. hmmm...

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

well thats what a deposit is...

you pay 199 + $50 for tax (in cali it would be around $50) usually they give free activation

in your case you add on the deposit so yeah it will be around 400

And will I ever get that deposit back... like when my 2 year agreement runs out

After 6 months or something like that...and I think it depends on if u pay our bill on time (don't quote me on that though)

im due $350 on june 4th. since i preordered and got that $50 gift card im really due $299.99 plus tax. you pay the $35 activation fee on top of your first bill

im due $350 on june 4th. since i preordered and got that $50 gift card im really due $299.99 plus tax. you pay the $35 activation fee on top of your first bill

i think you can call sprint and they'll waive the activation fee, or they will credit it to your account.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

You should try it online. Go through the process of buying a plan and phone, then you will get to a page that runs the credit check. 
While I have credit history, It's pretty 
embarassed.gif
. Just went to radio shack to pre-order.  When they ran the credit check, it said to call financial services 
mad.gif
frown.gif
. I answered some questions over the phone in the store, and was approved for 3 lines and 0 deposit 
eek.gif
devil.gif

At&t remored to unveil HTC Aria on June 7th

Posted by Nick Gray on May 25, 2010 at 1:04 pm in HTC Aria

At&t customers looking to sink their teeth into Android may finally have something to celebrate.  An employee at At&t has let PhoneDog know that the company is planning on launching an Android 2.1 handset from At&t, names the HTC Aria.  For now, all we know is that the HTC Aria will feature HTC Sense and that it will be unveiled by At&t on June 7[sup]th[/sup].  If that date looks familiar to you, it’s because that is the same day Apple is expected to finally unveil their new iPhone.  So far, At&t has only launched one Android powered handset, the Motorola Backflip.  At&t pledged to roll out nearly a half dozen Android phone before the end of the year, hinting that one or two of their Android phone would be coming from HTC.
htc-aria.jpg

Source: PhoneDog

laugh.gif
eek.gif

Question: What do you use notes for? I've never had an urge to use notes, but maybe will do so in the future ...

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

You should try it online. Go through the process of buying a plan and phone, then you will get to a page that runs the credit check. 
While I have credit history, It's pretty 
embarassed.gif
. Just went to radio shack to pre-order.  When they ran the credit check, it said to call financial services 
mad.gif
frown.gif
. I answered some questions over the phone in the store, and was approved for 3 lines and 0 deposit 
eek.gif
devil.gif
Word cause last year i was gonna buy the Hero online off of sprint.com they ran the credit check and everything and i didn't have to pay a deposit at all just $199.99 plus a mail in rebate. Now when i head to radioshack to pre-order the EVO they tell me i have to pay a $150 deposit.

Back
Top Bottom