Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Will the HD2 be coming out for Sprint?

If not, what is the next HTC to drop on the now network and when and how much?
Answered that question of above.....so far it only looks like T-Mobile will get it.

Verizon is dropping an android phone.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Hmmmmmmm,

might have to mess with the Hero.

anyone here have?
input.

I know someone who got it recently said, it was pretty amazing, it blew all their previous phones out of water.
Their phone before this one was a BB8700.
They also said it was easy to type on.

the hd2 NEEDS to come to sprint

only reason i cant get the hero is cuz of no flash how am i to take my
devil.gif
pics with no flash
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif

With a 5MP camera, you think they would include flash
The Telus HTC hero to support U.S. 3G bands [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thursday, 29 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
telus_htc_hero.jpg

There is great debate over the looks of the HTC Hero. Quite a few people love the look of the chin, while a growing number of HTC fans are in favor of the more round design of the Sprint HTC Hero. Unfortunately, those of us who live in the United States only have the Sprint option readily available to us. Yes, we can import the European GSM Hero, but since it lack U.S. 3G support, it's a bit hard to justify the $500 expense. Fortunately, things are about to change. Telus (a Canadian service provider) is planning on launching the chinned HTC Hero sometime next week and it will be shipping with U.S. 3G band support (850/1900 for US and 850/2100). The 1900 and 2100MHz bands should allow the Telus HTC Hero to jump on to both At&t and T-mobile's 3G networks. The HTC Hero will be launching as a subsidized handset on the Telus network so you'll have to find a way to import and then unlock the handset. Other than that, there should be nothing to stop you from enjoying the HTC Hero at 3G speeds.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/29/htc-hero-to-get-android-2-0/

Android 2.0 coming to the Hero confirmed. I love this phone.

Got the hero since it released, coming from an iphone and dont miss the iphone one bit, i was tired of the iphone os. Background processing was the dealbreakerfor me. Overall the phone is great no complaints for me, battery life has been good and i really like the android os, now just patiently waiting for the 2.0update and hopefully a few changes to the sense ui and the fone will be even better.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I want to upgrade my Tilt soon. I'm looking at the Tilt 2. What's the best phone out for AT&T? Is there a phone I should wait for?
nerd.gif
There hasn't been word on what is coming out.
There is a rumor of a Hero but it has not been officially confirmed.

So if I unlock the HD2 from T-mobile...will I be able to use it for AT&T?

or is T-Mobile CDMA? Just to confirm...AT&T uses GSM correct?

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

So if I unlock the HD2 from T-mobile...will I be able to use it for AT&T?

or is T-Mobile CDMA? Just to confirm...AT&T uses GSM correct?

yes[i think] but the 3G bands are different so no 3G...
t-mo no good in your area?

T-Mobile and AT&T are both GSM, and as stated before no 3G.
But I do think some iPhone users on T-Mobile have gotten 3G.
But you do realize you're gonna be dropping $800-$1000 most likely, those are the current prices as of now.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I want to upgrade my Tilt soon. I'm looking at the Tilt 2. What's the best phone out for AT&T? Is there a phone I should wait for?
nerd.gif
There hasn't been word on what is coming out.
There is a rumor of a Hero but it has not been officially confirmed.
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll be getting the TP2 then.

If the Hero does come to AT&T I'll prob get that, if not the TP2 I guess.
March seems pretty far away and idk if I can wait until Oct, when AT&T usually drops their HTC phones.

Can anyone help with a T - Mobile contract issue or get me in touch with anyone that can?? Please and Thankyou

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

With a 5MP camera, you think they would include flash
The Telus HTC hero to support U.S. 3G bands [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thursday, 29 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
telus_htc_hero.jpg

There is great debate over the looks of the HTC Hero. Quite a few people love the look of the chin, while a growing number of HTC fans are in favor of the more round design of the Sprint HTC Hero. Unfortunately, those of us who live in the United States only have the Sprint option readily available to us. Yes, we can import the European GSM Hero, but since it lack U.S. 3G support, it's a bit hard to justify the $500 expense. Fortunately, things are about to change. Telus (a Canadian service provider) is planning on launching the chinned HTC Hero sometime next week and it will be shipping with U.S. 3G band support (850/1900 for US and 850/2100). The 1900 and 2100MHz bands should allow the Telus HTC Hero to jump on to both At&t and T-mobile's 3G networks. The HTC Hero will be launching as a subsidized handset on the Telus network so you'll have to find a way to import and then unlock the handset. Other than that, there should be nothing to stop you from enjoying the HTC Hero at 3G speeds.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

eek.gif

This is going to be money "WELL" spent now.

[h2]Print Photos Direct From Your Windows Phone With HP iPrint[/h2]
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
October 30th, 2009 at 03:43 AM
HP has developed a new application for Windows Mobile, Symbian, and the iPhone to allow Windows phone users and their counterparts to print directly from their smartphones. HP recently conducted a study and found that many people capture images at least once a week with their phones and up to 70% want printing capabilities direct from their smartphones. The iPrint application should give users this option, allowing printing via Bluetooth to one of HP's mobile printing printer solutions.

According to HP, the iPrint application should be available as a free download from the Marketplace for Mobile, Ovi Store, and the App Store for those users who are interested.

The photo below shows the application on an iPhone, though the capabilities offered on Windows Mobile and Symbian should be similar.

Click on to read the full press release of iPrint.

HP Brings Mobile Printing to the Masses with Expanded HP iPrint Photo Application

San Diego, October 6, 2009 - HP today announced that HP iPrint Photo, the first free mobile printing application that allows for quick and easy wireless printing of 4 x 6-inch photos for iPhone and iPod touch, will now be available for phones using the Symbian and WinMo operating systems. Additionally, HP will offer an enhanced version of the current HP iPrint Photo for iPhone and iPod touch.

In January 2009, HP introduced the HP iPrint Photo application for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch, where one of the biggest challenges for consumers was the ability to print from their mobile phone. The rollout of the application to further devices marks an important change - the ability to print from almost anywhere at any time.

"A recent survey found that 45.6 percent of smart phone owners capture photos once per day or once per week and nearly 70 percent want to print photos taken from their phone(1)," said Antonio Rodriguez, chief technologist for HP's IPG Inkjet and Web Solutions Group. "HP looks forward to making this process easier, more convenient and fun for more consumers."

The expanded HP iPrint Photo application will offer more consumers greater convenience and time savings as wireless printing is the extension of the smart phone photo capture and viewing experience. Users will be able to print the images they want - when they want them.

· HP iPrint Photo for Symbian and WinMo will be launched with enhanced photo navigation from original iPrint Photo for iPhone and iPod touch application. Consumers with mobile phones on the Symbian and WinMo operation systems will be able to download the HP iPrint Photo from their smart phone "app store," such as Windows Marketplace, Nokia's Ovi Store, to easily print photos from their phones.

· A new version of HP iPrint Photo for iPhone and iPod touch, available from the Apple App Store, will offer a variety of enhancements, including support for different types of paper and additional of photo print sizes.

HP iPrint Photo is a free, downloadable software application (or widget) that allows customers to effortlessly print photos they've captured with their Symbian, Windows Mobile, Apple iPhone or iPod touch devices almost whenever and wherever they want. For more information on HP iPrint Photo and how to obtain the application, please visit the HP Mobile Printing site.

(1) InfoTrends US Cam Phone User Study, April '09

About HP
HP, the world's largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.

Note to editors: More news from HP, including links to RSS feeds, is available at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/.

That's non-news for techies though. We need to know if they're getting something like Motorola's Droid or the HD2 soon. Many of us also need toknow if the HD2 will be eligible for use on legacy plans. I want to know if the Touch Diamond 2 they're getting is the real thing or the Whitestone(Verizon's Imagio) or if they're actually getting it.

The Touch Pro 2 is what the Touch Pro should have been. The phones that can be used on legacy plans now seem stale to me. Still, I'm unwilling to spenddouble the money for an OS that's more "cool" and no more efficient than using SPB's Mobile Shell.

I guess I'm just a greedy SOB that wants everything
devil.gif

[h1]Video: Android 2.0 Running on T-Mobile G1 aka HTC Dream[/h1]
500x_G1Android.jpg
Android 2.0 only came out last week, but the open-source community has already ported it the T-Mobile G1 / HTC Dream, the first Android phone. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/v/0ijAgr7v8Mo&hl=en&fs=1&fmt=22http://www.youtube.com/v/0ijAgr7v8Mo&hl=en&fs=1&fmt=22http://www.youtube.com/v/0ijAgr7v8Mo&hl=en&fs=1&fmt=22http://www.youtube.com/v/0ijAgr7v8Mo&hl=en&fs=1&fmt=22
0ijAgr7v8Mo.jpg

Props go to coder, Akira Harada, for the port, but it's just a sluggish preview at this point. If you're super keen, you can download the code for your G1 here, but you're probably better off just watching the video below and waiting for Cyanogen to cook up a fully functional Android 2.0 Éclair ROM. [HDBlog.it (translated) via SlashGear]

Back
Top Bottom