Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Nah, I can't wait for anything. March is too far away. Next October is definitely too far away.

TP2 it is.

You won't regret it man. I just upgraded from Tilt to Tilt 2 (TP2) and Ican't put the phone down! I never really jazzed out my Tilt like that except for the HTC Home Customizer thing so this phone seems light years ahead of theTilt to me! There's some minor differences that I miss from my old phone but nothing to regret my purchase...

[h1]A peak at the next generation "virtual book" touch UI from HTC[/h1]
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
0.0By James F. Koopmann October 30, 2009 01:06 PM

[table][tr][td]
http://images.htcpedia.com/news/76/fd/4257e00cd763be8ea89176c9ba8c.JPG
[/td][/tr][/table]

I just purchased the TP2. It's charging right now, but I can't wait to start messing around with it. Recommendations for stuff I should download to myTP2?

Skyfire Browser
Beejive if you with want an instant messenger
But if you flash it, it should come with some good programs depending on the developer.
Is there anything specific you want?

I'm a newb to this, but I want to learn. I've had the 8125, the 8525, and the 8925 and I've never really put anything into it. In my old Tilt, Ihad Opera Mini, Skyfire Browser, BeeJive, and some HTC organizer for my clock, e-mail, and text messages, but that's basically it. I do not know where tostart, but I want to get educated on this. What does it mean to flash it?

OZ IM is better than Beejive if you can find it
Opera Browser 9.6 w/ flash
Google Maps w/GPS
Live Search w/ GPS
Titanium Weather if you get a 6.5 based rom, but it'll likely be cooked in already
Gyrator or any other accelerometer based program will allow u to set your phone like the iPhone where it automatically rotates based on how you hold it and notjust when you slide the screen out, but I find that feature annoying

^ Are OZ IM, Google Maps w/GPS, Live Search w/ GPS free?
nerd.gif

When I first ventured into this thread, I read something about downloading a program to stop the phone from using up so much memory. I'm looking forsomething like that.
nerd.gif

Yes Paul. BTW, FINALLY the CDMA unlocker is out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252and worked very straight forward for me, actually on the first time! I had to download Windows Mobile Device Center since I'm on 7 and ActiveSyncdoesn't work passed Vista, but it was easy. I'm flashing MightyRom as soon as it gets done downloading. It doesn't have HTC SenseUI, but it's6.5 and still gives you TF3D which are the ones i like. I'll edit this post with an update on it momentarily

Originally Posted by lemurkicks23

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

With a 5MP camera, you think they would include flash
The Telus HTC hero to support U.S. 3G bands [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thursday, 29 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
telus_htc_hero.jpg

There is great debate over the looks of the HTC Hero. Quite a few people love the look of the chin, while a growing number of HTC fans are in favor of the more round design of the Sprint HTC Hero. Unfortunately, those of us who live in the United States only have the Sprint option readily available to us. Yes, we can import the European GSM Hero, but since it lack U.S. 3G support, it's a bit hard to justify the $500 expense. Fortunately, things are about to change. Telus (a Canadian service provider) is planning on launching the chinned HTC Hero sometime next week and it will be shipping with U.S. 3G band support (850/1900 for US and 850/2100). The 1900 and 2100MHz bands should allow the Telus HTC Hero to jump on to both At&t and T-mobile's 3G networks. The HTC Hero will be launching as a subsidized handset on the Telus network so you'll have to find a way to import and then unlock the handset. Other than that, there should be nothing to stop you from enjoying the HTC Hero at 3G speeds.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

eek.gif

This is going to be money "WELL" spent now.
fk9y51.jpg

yyyeeeeaaaa booooyyyyyy.....was debating about getting the euro version but was mad that i wouldnt be able to get 3g...this has made my day

Perfect! Both the unlock and the flash worked on the first time. I'm going to go ahead and donate some money to dude. And the programs that wouldn'twork on the Stock TP2 WinMo (TCPMP), work on a flashed rom no problem.

[h2]TouchFLO 3D 2.5: SMS Threading[/h2]
Posted by Brandon Miniman
Friday, October 30th at 12:36 PM

Recently we showed you that in the upcoming version of TouchFLO 3D, you can view a tidy index of all of your SMS conversations with photos of your contacts.

Digging a bit deeper, we find that the threading for the SMS has also changed in TouchFLO 3D 2.5, due on the HTC HD2. Shown below on top is the old threading style where the text entry box was shrunken; the screenshot below that shows the relocation of the "send" button, which allows for a larger text entry box. Also new is that along with each SMS you get a picture, which gives a personal touch to the text messaging experience.

sms2.jpg

Anybody have any experiences (good or bad) about using Palringo? I came across reading some things about it while I was looking for OZ IM.

Palringo is fine, but it's not better than the stock IM program already on the TP2. You should just use that for now. I have OZ_Im in a cab, pm me youremail address. I need that htc mp3 trimmer though in a cab, this ROM doesn't have it.

its hard reading thru this thread cuz i feel like its a different language ..

so the BIG question is?

I have a Touch Pro1 on sprint, i want to upgrade to a better phone on Sprint, which phone is the best on the market thats available for Sprint today?

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

so the BIG question is?

I have a Touch Pro1 on sprint, i want to upgrade to a better phone on Sprint, which phone is the best on the market thats available for Sprint today?
TP2 or the Hero.

I heard the new palringo was pretty good, you can send pics and voice messages.

But can I get a cab to the OZ IM, kinda want to check it out.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I heard the new palringo was pretty good, you can send pics and voice messages.

But can I get a cab to the OZ IM, kinda want to check it out.
I also read that Palringo drains your battery like crazy. If that's changed on the new Palringo, I wouldn't mind trying it out.

DatZNasty, did you send the OZ IM cab yet?

Yea, I wanna try that OZ_IM, google maps with GPS, and that HTC MP3 trimmer. Can someone point me in the right direction?
nerd.gif

When I get this TP2, I'm straight dropping a tutorial on what to have and what not to have.
laugh.gif

Opera Mini 4.2 has always been my favorite browser...even though it doesn't have flash. Too damn fast.
Have you guys tried FIM (Facebook IM) on your TP2s? It was far better and more stable than Palringo with the FB stuff.
Live Search/Bing and Google Maps is the way to go with the GPS stuff. Free of course.

I NEED THIS PHONE. Should cop Monday. Bills.
smh.gif

Here yall go

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C2SCWBX0 (3.56MB)

Included is

HTC Mp3 Trimmer
Google Maps w/ GPS
Shazaam Music ID- this **@% is way better than I thought possible too. It even gets obscure songs like Tony Toni Tone- Anniversary (although technically it wasTrey Songz Shopaversary, but it's the same beat) and Floetry
Skyfire web browser
The Core Pocket Media Player

Just download the .zip off megaupload straight to your phone would be the easiest way to do it. Then you can unzip it and run each .cab in succession

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

so the BIG question is?

So true.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Here yall go

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C2SCWBX0 (3.56MB)

Included is

HTC Mp3 Trimmer
Google Maps w/ GPS
Shazaam Music ID- this **@% is way better than I thought possible too. It even gets obscure songs like Tony Toni Tone- Anniversary (although technically it was Trey Songz Shopaversary, but it's the same beat) and Floetry
Skyfire web browser
The Core Pocket Media Player

Just download the .zip off megaupload straight to your phone would be the easiest way to do it. Then you can unzip it and run each .cab in succession
Good looks.
[h2]Saturday afternoon freeware recommendations[/h2]
October 31st, 2009 | Author: J

Well in this hard times freeware applications are becoming more popular and I most say they are some good freeware apps. This is a list of the top 5 freeware apps out there.

1:Myplayer

3553966914_07cec1f5e6.jpg
3762460593_165022830a_o.jpg

This application is one of my favorite and it has some good features. This application does a lot for example you can watch Hulu and BBC videos right from your phone. The only bad part of the app is you need Coreplayer on your phone to use it, but do not worry, you can get it in our software store Here and you can get the Myplayer application Here.

2:Pocket Uno

pocket_uno_windows_mobile_card_game.jpg

Pocket Uno is a very addicting and small mobile game application. This does not take much memory to run, and it works with all the different versions of WM from 5.0-6.5 .It is free, it is available, it is for you. Get this Here and now.

3:CleanRAM

hcr1.jpg
hcr2.jpg
hcr6.jpg

This application is made for people that have a phone with low RAM and is always full. This is made to save you all the virtual memory that it can, and it does it in good time. It is a freeware, but I recommend you donate to the creator, because this is a very useful application, and most people-Not HTC phone owners-are very likely to use this little application. Go Here to get the application.

4:Trapster

trapster-windows-mobile.png
trapster.png

This one is very important to people that drive in a, lets say "not to legal way". This is made to help you and everyone else that is using this application application. It tells you where cops are hiding and helps you know when to slowdown and drive a little more "safe".

5:Pandora Radio

1233454101_9fd3324d30.gif

Well the name says it all, this is a radio application, but it is a little more special than that. Pandora is a mobile phone radio that is very advanced because it lets you choice the songs you want to listen to and then it streams only that music to your phone, like a radio. It is free and fast, and I would recommend this to people with a data connection and want to have all the music you want for free. To get this fast, free and fantastic application Here.

Some and most of these applications are old, but I think are still good. I will have more newer applications next time in 2-4weeks.

I'm not sure if Pandora works for WM6.5

I just realized that Sprint never charged me for this phone
eek.gif
It was supposed to be added to my bill.

Originally Posted by eteam o2

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

So if I unlock the HD2 from T-mobile...will I be able to use it for AT&T?

or is T-Mobile CDMA? Just to confirm...AT&T uses GSM correct?

yes[i think] but the 3G bands are different so no 3G...
t-mo no good in your area?
damn...that sucks just because I've been with AT&T/Cingular for almost 10 years. I really do no want to switch over. T-mobile is prettygood where I live at (San Diego) though, Hmmm we'll see or I might just go ahead get a 32 GB iPhone 3Gs...
ohwell.gif

and no I am not dropping almost a G on cellie...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom