Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Do you need to get a data plan for buying the Droid on Verizon?

I think so, but I'm not sure. You're better off calling them.
I'm guessing you planned on using the wifi instead?
Yep. I have a BB right now. Might wanna switch.

[h2]Verizon Wireless To Launch Data-Only Smartphone Plan[/h2]
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
November 4th, 2009 at 08:15 AM
For some users who may not need voice access, a data-only smartphone plan may be the way to go. On November 6, with the launch of the Android 2.0 Motorola Droid flagship phone, the largest US carrier will be unveiling three plans--a $30 basic internet plan, a $45 plan that includes Exchange and browsing, and finally a $50 plan for all the data plus Exchange email support and no voice plan. The first two plans require the addition of a voice plan while the $50 plan can let a smartphone user fly solo without the baggage of a voice plan.

Update: According to Stephen Skarlatos on Twitter, the $45 plan is for business accounts. You can still use the $30 personal data plan with an Exchange account. Details for the clarification can be found at Gearlog.

For Windows Mobile owners of the Touch Pro2 and HTC Imagio, would you want a data-only smartphone plan for $50?

Perhaps for some business customers who may require two devices--one for voice and one for data--this may make sense as Verizon Wireless' CDMA network (and Sprint's as well) does not support simultaneous voice and data over 3G. This would allow an enterprise customer to be on one cell phone having a conference call and be on a Touch Pro2 sans voice access on the web to do some basic research while mobile.

It's also rumored that tethering will come at a later point in time for the Droid.

(via: IntoMobile)

[h2]HTC HD2 Official for US, Major Carrier Not Yet Announced[/h2]
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
November 4th, 2009 at 07:17 AM
HTC formally announced that the wildly popular HTC HD2 will see a US release beginning of 2010. A carrier launch is in the works for the Stateside release, although none has been announced at this time of the HTC press release. The device is already shipping in Europe.

The HD2 will be the first Windows Mobile 6.5 device to sport a capacitive touchscreen, a feature that HTC is innovating upon as it is not natively supported by the operating system. It also features a fast 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and HTC enhancements such as TouchFLO 3D.

T-Mobile USA has been the rumored carrier for the US launch of the device early next year.

Press release after the break.

HTC HD2TM SHIPS IN EUROPE AND ASIA COMING TO THE US IN EARLY 2010

HD2 demonstrates the tight integration between Microsoft and HTC

TAOYUAN, Taiwan - November 4, 2009 - Today, HTC Corporation chief executive officer, Peter Chou, joined Microsoft Corp. chief executive officer, Steve Ballmer and Harvey Chang, chief executive officer of Taiwan Mobile to announce the availability of the highly anticipated HD2 in Europe and Taiwan. HTC and Microsoft also announced that the HD2 would be available in the United States with a major US carrier in early 2010.

"The HD2's amazing customer experience is a testament to the close partnership between HTC and Microsoft and we're excited to be bringing the HD2 to Taiwan and the United States," said Chou. "The HD2 is the first Windows[emoji]174[/emoji] phone with HTC SenseTM, an HTC user experience focused on making the phone more simple and natural to use and by enabling people to personalise their mobile experience in their own unique way."

"Working with HTC, we've delivered great phones that help customers connect to the people and information they care about, wherever they are," said Ballmer. "The HTC HD2 shows what's possible through our close partnership with HTC and it breaks new ground for Windows phones by delivering a beautiful multi-touch screen that people will love."

The HD2 is the first Windows phone with HTC Sense, a customer experience focused on putting people at the centre by making their phones work in a more simple, natural and personal way. With its industry leading, high-resolution, 4.3-inch capacitive touch display, the ultra thin HTC HD2 delivers more visible content in a sharper, brighter and richer way.

The HD2 uses the first capacitive touch display on a Windows phone to make viewing, zooming and resizing websites, Microsoft Office files, PDF documents and pictures easier with just a pinch of your fingers. The large display also enables faster, more efficient and accurate typing using the onscreen keyboard. Utilizing Qualcomm's new 1Ghz Snapdragon mobile processor, the HTC HD2 offers enhanced performance that improves the speed of applications, videos, games and more.
Developed with a passion for enhancing people's lives through innovation, design and ease of use, HTC Sense is rooted in three fundamental principles of Make it Mine, Stay Close and Discover the Unexpected.

Make It Mine
The HD2 continues HTC's drive for personalization by reflecting not only what you want on your phone, but also where you are. Using its large 4.3-inch window-like display, HTC has brought a new dimension to weather with a localized, animated weather experience that utilizes HD2's entire display without being invasive to your important content and information. The HD2 can also be further enhanced to reflect your needs and style by downloading a wealth of applications at the new Windows Marketplace for Mobile.

Stay Close
The HD2 helps you stay close to the important friends and colleagues in your life with HTC's people-centric communication approach that provides a single contact view that displays individual communication snapshots of your conversations with the people in your life regardless of whether a call, text, Facebook status update or email were used. While in the midst of email exchange with someone you can easily transition to a call by pressing the call button. HTC has also included a new Windows-based version of its Twitter application, HTC Peep. The pictures you take with the 5MP camera can also be quickly shared via Facebook or Twitter.

Discover the Unexpected
With the HTC Sense experience, the HTC HD2 includes a variety of enhancements that expand and improve the overall phone experience. The HD2 includes a variety of sensors including a proximity sensor that is used to prevent false screen touches when the phone is picked up to answer or make a call. A light sensor automatically adjusts the brightness of the display. Leveraging its 3G broadband connectivity, the HTC HD2 also offers personal Wi-Fi anywhere for your computer or other devices.

Also available for the HTC HD2 is the optional car kit that automatically transforms HD2's user interface into a finger friendly in-car navigation experience for driving.

Windows phone
As a new Windows phone, the HTC HD2 showcases the powerful messaging, browsing and productivity capabilities delivered by Windows Mobile 6.5. Offering a best in class e-mail experience complete with the ability to synchronize with Microsoft Exchange, you have the ability to check and manage multiple email accounts. Microsoft's new My Phone service enables you to automatically back up and synch photos, music, contacts and text messages for free from the HD2 to the web.

Availability
Already shipping in Europe, the HTC HD2 is available around the middle of November with Taiwan Mobile and will be available throughout Asia in the coming month. The HD2 will be available with a major carrier in the US in early 2010.

About HTC
HTC Corporation (HTC) is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC creates innovative smartphones that better serve the lives and needs of individuals. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit www.htc.com

[h2]XPERIA X1 Panels On Touch Pro2[/h2]
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
November 4th, 2009 at 03:11 AM
Yesterday, in a case of confused identity, we reported that an enterprising hacker got HTC TouchFLO 3D UI working on a Samsung Omnia II. Today, it seems that another hacker got the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 panels to work on the HTC Touch Pro2.

You can read about how to get the XPERIA panels working on your HTC devices from XDA-Developers.

(via: Fuze Mobility)
moz-screenshot-5.png

XperiaPanels.jpg

moz-screenshot-4.png

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i like my tp2
smile.gif
did you do anything to it yet?

And also, does anybody know how to work these barcode programs? If they work how they say they do, I can not only scan barcodes, but this other program canclone them into the phone so instead of like bringing your Sam's card, you can import that barcode and they just scan the phone screen

i've had my tp2 for about a month and sadly, i want out and into the verizon droid.

im sorry this phone. actually no Windows sucks. android is so much better in everyway. texting app, browser, menus, locking and unlocking, closing apps.windows is soo bad.

i might have to go back to my g1. the keyboard is AWESOME though. but thats it. that phone sucks.

I'm loving mighty rom on the TP2. I use to rock the energy on the TP but it was really too much going on....mighty rom is the way to go IMO.

i like my tp2
smile.gif
me too
pimp.gif
btw does anybody know where i can get FREE apps andgames to download, i already tried freeware but if anybody knows a good website please pm me. thanks
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Posting from my TP2. Dooooope.
pimp.gif
So what's up with the must have programs?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
yea.
just got mine too.
whats good with all these roms or the must haves making the phone THAT much better.
its already
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

or any way to change my home page a little like some icons in the bottom and the weather on the home page too idk new to this

Anybody else not able to log on to their AIM from the OZ IM that DatZNasty provided? For some reason, I can't.
I have no problem. What does it say to you? Here's BeeJive then www.beejive.com/download/winmo
There is also a beta Opera 9.7 that has integrated flash. ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/winmobile/970b1/operabrowser_wm_97b1.cab or http://rapidshare.com/fil...operabrowser_wm_97b1.cab I'm also downloading Nav N Goturn by turn GPS. I'll post that link if I find it to be worthwhile.

[h2]Give Windows Mobile 6.5 Titanium a Hero Style Sense UI Makeover[/h2]
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
November 5th, 2009 at 11:40 PM
The Zune-like Titanium interface for Windows Mobile 6.5 is insanely fluid and gives users access to a bevy of features. Just like with any interface, however, the visual appeal can become a little too familiar, leaving the user looking for other options. What better way to spice things up than with a custom theme? Not just any theme, but one that actually transforms the interface into something else.

If you're running Titanium and want some Sense action of the Hero variety, you can download/install a theme that will alter Titanium into just that. It doesn't necessarily have the customizing abilities of the real Sense UI, but it certainly does hold its ground on the visual side of things. Continue reading to learn more about "Titanium-Hero Sense UI."

The popular Hero look can now be integrated with Titanium via a theme and some plug-ins. It's still early in development, but it is functional. There's a learning curve as far as setting up the interface goes, but everything's pretty simple after that. The main home panel encompasses the Hero clock with flipping animation, current weather, calendar shortcut and the famous Sense menu bar. You can swipe left or right to get to a detailed 4-day weather widget.

Messaging and programs can be reached from the right and left buttons, respectively, on the menu bar. From the program launcher, you can connect to custom Twitter and music panels. A neat thing about the music panel is that it can be used with either S2P or Nitrogen. There is also a settings panel that houses wireless connections, wallpaper, sound profile and other system related widgets. The lock screen has been skinned too.

Since the project is pretty much in beta still, there are some bugs. Unfortunately, it's only available for QVGA and VGA (pictured below) devices. I wouldn't be surprised to see support for WVGA soon, considering this was originally a QVGA only project. If you're using a WVGA display and are interested in Titanium-Hero, it wouldn't hurt to give the developer a nudge on his thread. Head over to XDA-developers for the files.

Quick install guide (install the following files to main memory):

- Install Mortscript 4.2
- Install JMLPanex 2.1
- Install all files from Titanium-Hero pack (QVGA, VGA) - 12 files in total
- Download and place Code.mscr file into JMLToday folder (in Program Files)
- Soft reset

Note: as a reminder, Titanium-Hero is only for devices running WM6.5/6.5.1. It's always a good idea to backup your data before testing new tweaks or software.

titaniumhero1.jpeg

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Anybody else not able to log on to their AIM from the OZ IM that DatZNasty provided? For some reason, I can't.
I have no problem. What does it say to you? Here's BeeJive then www.beejive.com/download/winmo
There is also a beta Opera 9.7 that has integrated flash. ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/winmobile/970b1/operabrowser_wm_97b1.cab or http://rapidshare.com/fil...operabrowser_wm_97b1.cab I'm also downloading Nav N Go turn by turn GPS. I'll post that link if I find it to be worthwhile.
It says "User does not exist (code 920)." Trust me, I exist
laugh.gif
. I'm going to DL that BeeJive then
laugh.gif
... unless someone can tellme how to fix my OZ IM.

I think I'm about to get that Opera 9.7. Thanks.

I'd be interested in that Nav N Go turn by turn GPS. I'm one who usually gets lost when I'm driving, even if I have directions from Mapquest.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

i just got the Hero last night

this thing is freaking sick, I really dont miss my iPhone

i like my tp2
smile.gif

And also, does anybody know how to work these barcode programs? If they work how they say they do, I can not only scan barcodes, but this other program can clone them into the phone so instead of like bringing your Sam's card, you can import that barcode and they just scan the phone screen
no
frown.gif
im too scared

i like my tp2
smile.gif

And also, does anybody know how to work these barcode programs? If they work how they say they do, I can not only scan barcodes, but this other program can clone them into the phone so instead of like bringing your Sam's card, you can import that barcode and they just scan the phone screen
no
frown.gif
im too scared

DO IT
devil.gif

If it makes you feel safer you can do it from an sd card(that's usually the best way to do it anyway)

Man I just sent HTC a rant email about the battery life on my TP2
smh.gif
Been off the charger for 45min and already down to 76%

Back
Top Bottom