Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

i just got the Hero last night

this thing is freaking sick, I really dont miss my iPhone

I made the mistake of playing with a Hero and a Pre. It's really making me think about not keeping the Touch Pro 2.

Did you give up any capabilities in switching from your iPhone to a Hero? Did you rent or buy movies, download video podcasts, or use any other DRMed material?Does the screen size make a difference to you?

I've been of the opinion that I wan an iPhone for some time now, but I'm starting to realize that what I really want is a device w/ similar hardware(thin, no keyboard, big screen). I would be all over an Imagio. I think. I'd love to have the notification system that Android and WebOS use. I don'tlike being interrupted w/ pop-ups.

Those with the TP2, what ROM are you using?

I'm getting frustrated with flashing because there ALWAYS seems to be something wrong. NRGZ roms look good but the stability is all over the place plusvideos dont work. I switched to the DeepShining rom and it was fairly stable, videos worked, but the GPS wasn't working.

Anybody else with the TP2 thinkin about switching to the HD2 when it comes out? The onscreen keyboard isnt bad on the TP2 so it can only be better on a biggerscreen. Not to mention the hardware buffs. The more I read the more I want it.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Anybody else not able to log on to their AIM from the OZ IM that DatZNasty provided? For some reason, I can't.
I have no problem. What does it say to you? Here's BeeJive then www.beejive.com/download/winmo
There is also a beta Opera 9.7 that has integrated flash. ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/winmobile/970b1/operabrowser_wm_97b1.cab or http://rapidshare.com/fil...operabrowser_wm_97b1.cab I'm also downloading Nav N Go turn by turn GPS. I'll post that link if I find it to be worthwhile.
It says "User does not exist (code 920)." Trust me, I exist
laugh.gif
. I'm going to DL that BeeJive then
laugh.gif
... unless someone can tell me how to fix my OZ IM.

I think I'm about to get that Opera 9.7. Thanks.

I'd be interested in that Nav N Go turn by turn GPS. I'm one who usually gets lost when I'm driving, even if I have directions from Mapquest.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
Mine says the same thing when I tried to use OZ IM. Guess I'llsnatch that Beejive too. Google Maps is awesome!

Anyone know if u can play movies on the TP2?

BTW, the battery life is not that great foreal. U have to charge it atleast once daily...

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Wow, have you used it?

well now im charging it it told me it was dying like 20 times yea texted and phones calls like a normal day (prolly like 100-200 texts) and maybe 5-15 minuteson the phone a day. no internet what so ever.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Those with the TP2, what ROM are you using?

I'm getting frustrated with flashing because there ALWAYS seems to be something wrong. NRGZ roms look good but the stability is all over the place plus videos dont work. I switched to the DeepShining rom and it was fairly stable, videos worked, but the GPS wasn't working.

Anybody else with the TP2 thinkin about switching to the HD2 when it comes out? The onscreen keyboard isnt bad on the TP2 so it can only be better on a bigger screen. Not to mention the hardware buffs. The more I read the more I want it.
Mighty Rom. It's bland, but everything on it works. And that's weird on Oz, I never heard of that error. My TP2 gets great battery life,even before I flashed the rom. I've gone days without charging mine.

At the end of the day, I'm left with like 40% left on my TP2. Then I try to drain my battery at night so I can charge it. I don't want to charge itwhen the battery isn't fully low
ohwell.gif
. The battery is way better than my 8925, though... so I'm happy.

Ok, so if what I looked up is right, GSM are phones with SIM cards? I've got GSM, then.
thats correct. AT&T is GSM.

Since you're on GSM, go http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=550131 to getyour phone unlocked. Once you get it unlocked properly, then you can start flashing. Make sure you follow their directions to the tee. Im not on GSM, so im notsure if its a different procedure, but again, if you follow what they tell you to do, you will be fine. Let us know how it goes.

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

Damn did u guys pay retail 4 your tp2s? Solewoman i know u had a TP1 did u "upgrade"
nerd.gif
If so how?

orly? ... how do you know?
nerd.gif

define upgrade...?

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

BTW, I can't get� Beejive to download for WinMo either....
frown.gif

I was able to get Beejive on my TP2. I went to www.beejive.com/download/winmo and DLed it. I think I went under the section where it talked about DLing it to your computer. I just DLed it directly on my TP2 using my Opera browser.
For some reason, when I go to that page, I don't see adownload link or icon?

I'm wondering the same thing about flashing. Scared to do it myself plus I don't wanna void my warranty cause itcame in handy when I had the original Tilt...

It takes out all the bloat/crap so you'll have more memory space, it's faster.....it really allows the phone to reach it's full potential.Developers also use newer builds, extract things from other newer phones such as the TF3D that will be on the HD2. They also like to include that theypersonally like or think people will like, games, apps, etc. There was this one ROM for the Tilt where the developers included Beejive.

So I'm just hearing all positive things about flashing it.
laugh.gif

There are no drawbacks? Is that true about voiding the warranty like Chico said?

Yea it does but if you wanted to trade it in or give it back for w/e reason you would have to flash the stock rom

Anybody else with the TP2 thinkin about switching to the HD2 when it comes out? The onscreen keyboard isnt bad on the TP2 so it can only be better on a bigger screen. Not to mention the hardware buffs. The more I read the more I want it.
YES, but it's a little big. I'm not sure how pocket friendly it'll be.

Anyone know if u can play movies on the TP2?
Yes. What format are you looking to play? Are you asking if movies will play on Windows Media Player?

I use CorePlayer to be able to adjust the zoom, but I believe WMP has been playing more and more formats.

well now im charging it it told me it was dying like 20 times yea texted and phones calls like a normal day (prolly like 100-200 texts) and maybe 5-15 minutes on the phone a day. no internet what so ever.
My TP2 gets great battery life, even before I flashed the rom. I've gone days without charging mine.
It's probably my internet usage over wifi that kills my battery.

What's a better phone for a women a Cliq or a MyTouch.
Depends on whether or not you like a physical keyboard and Motorola's customizations. I played w/ a Cliq at Target a couple of days ago (demounit) and I didn't like how thick it was, but it would be perfect if you want a physical keyboard.

Damn did u guys pay retail 4 your tp2s? Solewoman i know u had a TP1 did u "upgrade" If so how?
I paid $200+tax ($260). I'm hoping to get the MIR and sell my old Touch Pro to get some of that back.

At the end of the day, I'm left with like 40% left on my TP2. Then I try to drain my battery at night so I can charge it. I don't want to charge it when the battery isn't fully low .
I didn't think it made a difference w/ these new batteries?

Back
Top Bottom