Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Google Maps Now Shows Subway Routes
Posted by Adam Z Lein
November 9th, 2009 at 12:38 PM
If you're like me and have trouble memorizing the subway line routes in New York City, you don't need to rely on the old Metro software anymore. Google Maps now includes the New York City subway lines map as a layer. It's accessible both from the desktop and on Google Maps mobile on certain platforms (Windows Mobile, Blackberry, and Symbian).

On Windows Mobile, launch Google Maps, then go to Menu>Layers>Browse Layers and turn on "Transit Lines".

Don't forget, Google Maps on Windows Mobile also syncs with your saved "My Maps" from the desktop which can come in very handy when planning a trip. See our video about how easy this is.

pc_capture1.jpg

Fusion Voicemail Plus Available for Free
Posted by Brandon Miniman
Monday, November 9th at 12:53 PM

Microsoft releases free software and ringtones through their Total Access website for Windows Phone users. Right now they have a great piece of software available for free download called Fusion Voicemail Plus. It's a voicemail management tool, and also lets you receive faxes on your device. From the website:

Fusion Voicemail Plus 2.0, a free, downloadable visual voicemail application by PhoneFusion, gives Windows Mobile phone users with wireless data and text messaging plans the ability to centralize all of their voicemail boxes and see-right on the device screen-a list of their voicemail messages. It also allows users to listen to voicemails directly from their phone.

A new feature-exclusive to Windows Mobile users-is that for the first time mobile consumers can receive faxes right on their smartphone. Users can use their existing mobile number or register a new number to receive faxes.

Another feature developed exclusively for Windows Mobile users is the ability to easily forward voicemails to any e-mail address or another Fusion Voicemail Plus mailbox. Fusion Voicemail Plus 2.0 also integrates with the user's address book and expands the ability to use touch screen gestures to navigate through messages.

Fusion Voicemail Plus comes with many features, including:

# The ability to synchronize multiple voicemail boxes to one location.

# The ability to view and listen to voicemails right from your phone.

# The ability to send SMS (text) messages to the person who left you the voicemail. Send the message directly from the Forward voicemails application to other users on the system or through e-mail.

# True Caller ID Delivery on each voicemail. If the caller is not in your phonebook, Fusion Voicemail displays the information from the phone company as the caller ID.

To download, hit up Microsoft Total Access.

Thanks for the tip, Pradeep.

vmfusion.jpg

I'm really waitin for an Android 2.0 port for my TP2. But then when that comes out I'll end up switchin to the HD2
smh.gif
For those askin about flashin, uhave to remember that they are builds and are works in progress. I'm sure if the cooks could focus all their time on the ROMs they could but they havelives and jobs they have to do to pay the bills. I aint flashed mine since early Oct, I usually go w/ NRG's ROMS since they tend to look better. Igenerally don't have problems w/ mine except minor problems that aren't really a problem. HTC needs to release the official Manilla 2.5 so we can stopusin a bootleg build.

And screw whoever has a great battery
laugh.gif

Dathbgbpu- have you already boot android on your phone yet?
HTC HD2 Custom ROMs Waiting HardSPL
Posted by Anton D. Nagy
November 9th, 2009 at 01:38 PM
HTC HD2 hasn't even hit the markets yet, with some minor exceptions but we already have custom ROMs made by XDA Developers and HTCPedia. The only thing in their way now, besides the lack of the HD2, is a HardSPL. What's a HardSPL?

HardSPL is a modified (hacked) bootloader which allows a much safer flashing process to take place since it reduces the chance of permenently bricking your device. It also removes the need to CID Unlock (CID lock (vendor lock) is put on your device by the manufacturer to prevent installation of a ROM not released by them) the device since it ALWAYS reports SuperCID when flashing.

Think of the Bootloader as your Device's BIOS. The bootloader is the first thing to load once you turn on the device, this does the job of booting up the device hardware and loading various items into memory before the ROM starts in the device. The bootloader is also responsible for enabling the flashing of new ROMs and other components such as the Radio and the Ext_ROM.

NT i need your help.

is there ANY way to use my tp2 as my modem WITHOUT paying for tethering service fee??

i have the data plan, but i think i have to pay more if i use it as my modem. right?

thanks,

Has anyone with a TP2 seen a rubber cover case anywhere yet? I still have nocase and I know it's only a matter of time before an accident happens...lol

BTW, I already tried that Fusion Voicemail thing but I removed it yesterday. It wasn't for me. It only plays yourmessages on speakerphone and never would give me the option to let me read my VM. Other people might like it though...
ohwell.gif

Sprint's HTC Hero gets in on the root action [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Monday, 09 November 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
rooted_sprint_hero.jpg

If you've been waiting for root access for the Sprint HTC Hero, you can now breathe a sigh of relief. Xda-develoeprs has come through once again. Just like the Dream, Magic and GSM Hero, the CDMA Hero now can be hacked away at. Developers can now start to create cool hacks and custom ROMs for the CDMA Hero so it might be a while until root access on the CDMA Hero might be worth your time. Don't forget, rooting your phone will most likely void your warranty and then there's always that chance that your precious little toy might die from unknown causes. Don't come crying to us if things turn ugly.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

NT i need your help.

is there ANY way to use my tp2 as my modem WITHOUT paying for tethering service fee??

i have the data plan, but i think i have to pay more if i use it as my modem. right?

thanks,
PDANet might workfor you. I believe you can also use HTC's WiFi sharing or Internet Connection Sharing program. The latter two are free.

Has anyone use the marketplace yet or does use it at all? I used it a few times, just to browse or see what free apps are out.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Has anyone use the marketplace yet or does use it at all? I used it a few times, just to browse or see what free apps are out.

Are u referring to Windows Marketplace? If so then yeah. That's where I gotthat Fusion Voicemail from. Got Trapster and Black Jack from there too. It's ok but definitely needs more apps. Hopefully they'll add moresoon...

Yup for WM, I got Trapster. I downloaded some other ones last week, haven't checked them out yet.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

NT i need your help.

thanks,
PDANet might work for you. I believe you can also use HTC's WiFi sharing or Internet Connection Sharing program. The latter two are free.
PDANet doesnt work for me "64 bit error" comes out.

can you please elaborate the other two for me???

and i have stock rom. if that matters.

[h2]Shazam Music Identification App for Windows Mobile, Get it Now[/h2]
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
November 10th, 2009 at 09:09 PM
Shazam for Windows Mobile has been available in the UK Marketplace for quite sometime, but the rest of us have been left waiting for its appearance in other regions. That is, until now. One user has managed to acquire the trial version of the app, which allows you to identify five songs (heard over the radio or a media player) every month for free. For casual users, this is more than enough. Read on to find out more and where you can get it.

The latest version of Shazam identifies songs rather quickly. After "tagging" a song, it displays the band, song title, album name, genre, music label and date tagged. At the bottom of the tag screen, you get options to view the group's biography and discography. Other options include: ability to search similar music, save tags and share them via SMS/Email. From my experience with the app, it seems to be very accurate in deciphering which song is being played. It was even able to distinguish between MTV Unplugged (Live) and regular versions of a song.

Unfortunately, if you're interested in upgrading to the full version, you're out of luck for now. Since the app isn't officially available in most regions, you won't be able to purchase the full app yet. However, this is a great way to preview Shazam and see how the new features work. Get it from PPCGeeks and let us know how you like it. Which music identification app do you guys prefer, Shazam or Midomi?

Note: some users have had difficulty, but you can also try using the region switcher to view its entry on Marketplace.

shazamtrial.Jpeg

I already have a full, FREE MusicID app on my Tilt2 and it worksgreat....

Found one more complaint about my phone though. Seems like Opera runs slow and sometimes completely stalls when I'musing WiFi. Seems like my internet as a whole ran faster on my first Tilt than this one when using WiFi. I wonder if it has something to do with the ROM usagealways hovering around 75-85%?
ohwell.gif

Yea that app didn't work for me.
Are you using the stock Opera 9.5?
Have you tried Skyfire, how does that work for you?

Yea on both questions. Is there an update out for Opera?
nerd.gif
I preferredSkyfire on my first Tilt but I like Opera on the Tilt2. The only drawback is I don't have Flash on Opera
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom