Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

I sold my iPhone and just got the Nexus One yesterday. 

All I can say is.....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
.....this phone is amazing. 

I'll post some pics later.

Originally Posted by AirJus23

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by SwagBoss

So are the pictures in previous post of phone accurate?
which post would that be? i don't have the patience to go through 62 pages, but i'd love to verify. sorry!
On the page before but someone posted it above also

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Handsets
[h4]T-Mobile myTouch Slide in the wild?[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 29th 2010 11:48AM

With the G1 on its last legs, the CLIQ stands as T-Mobile USA's only QWERTY Android set -- and for a carrier that seems as committed to Android as T-Mobile does, that doesn't seem right, now, does it? Indeed, that rumored myTouch Slide looks like it's going to get real here pretty shortly now that we're seeing shots of the thing in the wild, and... well, it looks nothing like the original myTouch 3G (and even less like the Fender edition). Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder -- and we'd want to wait until we see this in the flesh -- but the myTouch Slide appears to lack the old model's attractive contours, sticking with a spartan design strangely paired to a chrome-ringed earpiece. Besides the clear addition of an optical pad here (something we'd previously heard HTC would be pushing hard in 2010), it's apparently got an HVGA display, externally accessible microSD slot, camera with flash, and unfortunately, an old-school ARM11 processor. We're holding out hope that T-Mobile has plenty of higher-end gear waiting in the wings, but for now, this looks like the G1's true spiritual successor.

[table][tr][td]
post_label_VIA.gif
TmoNews

post_label_source.gif
Droid Developer
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

LinkedIn Profile Reveals Creation of Multitouch User Experience Concept for Windows Mobile 7?

Unlike the Nexus 1, I would be absolutely shocked if 7 didn't come with multitouch enabled for every program and tool/feature (I'm referring to the keyboard) that would be better off with it.

I'm happy that it's looking like 7 will be everything we want and more.
I'm really looking forward to WM7, Microsoft is very capable of making a good OS. And it looks like they got it right this time. In a little more than 2 weeks, info on it is gonna be revealed at the Mobile Congress, can't wait.

LinkedIn Profile Reveals Creation of Multitouch User Experience Concept for Windows Mobile 7?

Unlike the Nexus 1, I would be absolutely shocked if 7 didn't come with multitouch enabled for every program and tool/feature (I'm referring to the keyboard) that would be better off with it.

I'm happy that it's looking like 7 will be everything we want and more.
I'm really looking forward to WM7, Microsoft is very capable of making a good OS. And it looks like they got it right this time. In a little more than 2 weeks, info on it is gonna be revealed at the Mobile Congress, can't wait.

I'm w/ u on this one. The problem w/ Microsoft is that they take too long to release new OSes so by the time they do release, they're dated. WinMo7 shouldve been out. We've been hearin about it for 2+yrs now. Ppl aren't even as hype for it anymore, especially since they have to purchase a new phone for it. I like my TP2
frown.gif

Mastamind89 wrote:

SwagBoss wrote:

which post would that be? i don't have the patience to go through 62 pages, but i'd love to verify. sorry!

article_label_fileunder.gif

Cellphones,

Mobile Handsets

[h4]T-Mobile myTouch Slide in the wild?[/h4]

By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 29th 2010 11:48AM

With the G1 on its last
legs, the CLIQ stands as
T-Mobile USA's only QWERTY Android set -- and for a
carrier that seems as committed to Android as T-Mobile does, that
doesn't seem right, now, does it? Indeed, that rumored myTouch Slide
looks like it's going to get real here pretty shortly now that we're
seeing shots of the thing in the wild, and... well, it looks nothing
like the original myTouch
3G
(and even less like the Fender
edition). Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder -- and we'd
want to wait until we see this in the flesh -- but the myTouch Slide
appears to lack the old model's attractive contours, sticking with a
spartan design strangely paired to a chrome-ringed earpiece. Besides the
clear addition of an optical pad here (something we'd previously heard
HTC would be pushing hard in 2010), it's apparently got an HVGA display,
externally accessible microSD slot, camera with flash, and
unfortunately, an old-school ARM11 processor. We're holding out hope
that T-Mobile has plenty of higher-end gear waiting in the wings, but
for now, this looks like the G1's true spiritual successor.

[table][tr][td]

post_label_VIA.gif
TmoNews

post_label_source.gif
Droid
Developer

[/td][/tr][/table]

Idk why I had high hopes for this phone... its uglier than my crusty G1
smh.gif

I just got the Desktop Dock today...it came with another wall AC to mini-usb which you can plug in into the back and some audio plugs to plug into the stereo....in my opinon NOT worth the $45....its a sexy cradle dont get me wrong, and it automatically sync's bluetooth so you can play some tunes via the audio output on the back....but if you can afford it, get it...updates with pics soon

PICS!

[h1]Microsoft CFO Confirms Windows Mobile 7 for MWC[/h1]
File under: News

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 29-Jan-10 | 1 Comments

zunephone.jpg

After a great earnings call, Microsoft Chief Financial officer Peter Klein got a little loose-lipped and spilled that the next generation Microsoft mobile OS coming to Mobile World Congress. Klein says, when asked on Fox News, “We are heads down working on Windows Mobile 7 and we will have much more to say about that at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in February.

Originally Posted by Icecixz

I just got the Desktop Dock today...it came with another wall AC to mini-usb which you can plug in into the back and some audio plugs to plug into the stereo....in my opinon NOT worth the $45....its a sexy cradle dont get me wrong, and it automatically sync's bluetooth so you can play some tunes via the audio output on the back....but if you can afford it, get it...updates with pics soon

PICS!

The dock looks really nice. But I'm not gonna drop $45 on that

Finally finally got a Sprint Touch Pro 2 and put my Touch pro to rest.
pimp.gif
negotiated for $200 Craigslist
pimp.gif

as a Sero Plan customer it sucks not having a great selections of phone but i do love payin 30 a month tough.

I think I'm in love with the nexus.

Does it do anything for you that the iPhone didn't? What's better about it than the iPhone? Did you use iTunes to manage your music? Podcasts? Video

I'm a huge Apple fan, and I enjoyed my iPhone. 

Right out of the box, the nexus is a whole lot more customizable to how YOU use your phone.  But a jailbroken iPhone can do just as much.

The thing that impresses me, is the blazing speed of the phone, the widgets and multi-tasking.  It's no longer just about re-arranging my apps on my iPhone.

I use this program called DoubleTwist that comes with the Nexus to sync my music, videos, and pics.  It's a solid program and I have no issues using it on my macbook pro.

Personally, I can't say anything bad about Apple. But the Nexus works great for what I need.

Originally Posted by JuiceBoxx513

Kicktionair - Is this the instore exchange or the 100.00 insurance exchange?

I've had two exchanges, cracking and keyboard failure
The insurance with repair..... premium version I guess.

its the in store exchange..... Since I reported  like 3 problems they decided to exchange it for any phone in the store.

Thanks! I went online to see what replacement option woul be and it gave me the option for be replaced with the HTC 7380. PPCGeeks Forum said that's the TP2 name, so I guess I'll see by Tues. what I get and if it's NIB.

Last time I went instore for service/repair they ordered me a TP and gave me options of the Snap or Treo Pro.

BTW I have had 2 replacements.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Nothing I've seen in the previous pages looks exactly like what I've seen. That HD2 looks very similar to the Supersonic I saw with minor differences. Is the Supersonic supposed to be = to the HD2? I can imagine that since the Supersonic has the HDMI out with 720p.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Nothing I've seen in the previous pages looks exactly like what I've seen. That HD2 looks very similar to the Supersonic I saw with minor differences. Is the Supersonic supposed to be = to the HD2? I can imagine that since the Supersonic has the HDMI out with 720p.

It's pretty much the android version of the HD2.

What screen protectors are you guys using ( apart from the one that came with the phone)

I hat the one that came with my Touch Pro 2 but already scratched it really nicely with my keys...........

That My Touch Slide looks mighty
grin.gif
, are they going to give it a touch up before it releases?

and what about that ARM-11 processor? how bad is it?

I have a question for sprint SERO users. My contract is up in march, when its time to renew it, does that mean i have to sign up with a regular plan? Is there a way to keep the $30 SERO plan? I know theres some other employee plan going around but i want to keep the $30 SERO plan
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Paycheck26

I have a question for sprint SERO users. My contract is up in march, when its time to renew it, does that mean i have to sign up with a regular plan? Is there a way to keep the $30 SERO plan? I know theres some other employee plan going around but i want to keep the $30 SERO plan
ohwell.gif
you DO NOT have to be in a "contract" to get any pricing.

The contract purpose is to keep you from leaving early without paying a termination fee and getting away with a heavily discounted phone.

you can go month to month with your current plan.

smile.gif

^so when my "contract" (
laugh.gif
) is up, what do i do? I want to get the Supersonic when/if it releases in march for some type of discounted price (cuz im sure its gonna release for like $600 or something)...and still keep my SERO plan...possible?
..thanx for answerin btw

dunno if this had been posted,

[h4]Nexus One for AT&T's 3G bands likely in the works[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 29th 2010 3:57PM

nexus-one-fcc-label-compare.jpg

By all appearances, Google's trying to break Android free of the surly bonds of the manufacturers and carriers that support it, opening its own online store and selling unlocked Nexus Ones to anyone willing to pony up the $529. Problem is, the Nexus One as we know it today is only available in a configuration that supports North American 3G on AWS spectrum, meaning you've got to go with the States' fourth-largest carrier if you want to blaze -- you've got no other option. That's not very "open," is it, Google?

That brings us to an FCC finding today. Take a look at the two labels above; the one on the right comes from the current Nexus One. The label on the left, meanwhile, is physically identical and comes from a new filing for a device with FCC ID NM899110. The old Nexus One has ID NM899100, so this new device is just a single digit off -- likely a variant of the existing model. If you look into the RF reports a bit, you'll immediately notice that the new handset supports 3G on WCDMA Bands I, II, and V, meaning that it'll work on AT&T (and Rogers, Bell, and Telus for the Canadians in the room) along with most of Europe. Same label style, nearly identical model ID, different bands -- we think we know what's going on here. Google, your move.

[Thanks, wonderbread]

MetroKid26 wrote:
That My Touch Slide looks mighty
grin.gif
, are they going to give it a touch up before it releases?

and what about that ARM-11 processor? how bad is it?
````````````````````````````````````````````````
It's pretty similar to what powers the mytouch,G1, hero, TP2, etc.

Nothing impressive but it'll do I guess.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom