Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

HTC schedules press event on February 16th at Mobile World Congress

Posted by admin on January 24, 2010 at 2:51 pm in HTC

We were expecting HTC to have another big announcement at Mobile World Congress this year, so we were not that surprised when a tipster sent us a copy of HTC’s press conference invitation this morning. The PDF we received was in German, but from what we would tell, the invitation did not indicate what HTC would be unveiling at Mobile World Congress. HTC goes mention that there will be new devices and innovations. HTC’s press conference will be held at 10:30 on February 16th. Last year, HTC unveiled the HTC Touch Diamond2 and Pro2 at Mobile World Congress. According to HTC’s leaked 2010 roadmap, they have three new Windows Mobile handsets slated to launch in the first half of the year, but that number is overshadowed by the five Android handsets that should launch before July. At this point, we can only speculate on what HTC will unveil on February 16th, but we feel confident in saying that both Windows Mobile and Android devices will be making appearances.

HTC accidentally leaks info on seven new Android handsets

Posted by admin on January 25, 2010 at 8:08 am in Android Phones

It looks like HTC is hard at work, bringing Android devices to the market. We were expecting to hear some Android announcements at Mobile World Congress in a few weeks, but it’s always nice to get a little sneak peak at what’s just around the corner.   The leak comes courtesy of HTC’s user agent profiles for the phones.  No pictures, detailed specs, or launch dates, but we do get name, screen resolutions, and physical keyboard confirmations.  We’ll have to wait just a little bit longer to get any more details, but I’m sure we are all a little excited to see what HTC has in store for 2010.  

Well I guess I guess I can give up this TP2 and get the HD2 or any other of these new HTC's 
pimp.gif

[h1]Specs for the HTC HD3? We Wish![/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 25-Jan-10 | 3 Comments

27536672.jpg

Let's file this under "most likely fake, but somewhat feasible." Over at Chinese site QQ.com, they've got what they purport to be a spec sheet for the successor to the HTC HD2, the HD3. According to the site, it's slated for a November 2010 release (ok, this makes sense so far) and will pack a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU (again, this is possible). Let's dissect the other specs:

- Running on Windows Mobile 7 (totally believable)
- Features 1GB of RAM and ROM with 16GB of additional on-board storage (not out of the realm of possibility for a WM7 device)
- Screen is 4.5" (unless they spread the screen to the very edges and remove the hardware buttons, a screen this large would mean a larger device, and the HD2, with a 4.3" screen, is already quite large)
- Screen is 1280x800 pixels with 16 million colors and multitouch (again, if it's running WM7, this wouldn't be too far-fetched)
- Battery is 1800mAh (very large, but with such a fast CPU , it'll need lots of power)
- Camera is 8.0MP with LED flash (current HD2 takes pictures at 5.0MP, so this is believable)
- Ports: HDMI, USB 2.0, and 3.5mm (adding an HDMI port for video output would add too much thickness to the device, but perhaps this could be achieved with an adapter)
- Includes WiMax and 4G (LTE?) radios (hmm...WiMax and LTE are competing next-generation wireless technologies. Why would HTC put BOTH in a phone?)

What do you think? Are we looking at the specs for the HTC HD3, or are you skeptical?

[h4]HTC Supersonic for Sprint possibly spotted in the very, very ugly wild[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 25th 2010 7:20PM

We've seen our fair share of unattractive leak photos in our day -- Mr. Blurrycam is an extraordinarily busy, well-traveled individual, after all -- but this might very well take the cake. What we see here is allegedly the first live shot of HTC's killer Supersonic for Sprint, a phone that we've heard would feature HD2-like specs in an HD2-like shell: 4.3-inch display, fast processor, and an unbelievably thin body, to be specific. Where the Supersonic allegedly goes off the beaten path, though, is with the inclusion of Android 2.1 with Sense and WiMAX, perfect for Sprint's budding 4G network. The site that's leaked the photo also says we can expect an FM radio and a 1GHz clock on that Snapdragon plus a kickstand, something we'd heard before. It's still not much to go on, but the fact that we're this close to falling in love with a phone that we can barely make out through thick artifacting, censoring, and a dirty camera lens really says something, doesn't it? Stay tuned -- we're hopeful the leaks are going to start flowing fast and furious on this one.

[h4]HTC Supersonic maybe rendered, matches up with leaks so far[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 26th 2010 12:19PM

Okay, look, we're not saying it's unpossible for someone with some incredible Illustrator skill to have thrown this together after seeing the supposed leak last night -- there are definitely plenty of talented people out there with far too much time on their hands. That being said, this matches up perfectly with everything we know and everything we've been told so far, so even if it is fake, it probably gives us some good insight into what Sprint's terrifying beast of a phone is going to look like up close. The Supersonic is said to have a 4.3-inch display and WiMAX alongside Sense -- so if it's all true, we strongly suggest other carriers be ready to step up their Android game. Any other leaks care to step forward today?

[h1]HTC Bravo in the Wild with Sense UI, Android 2.1[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 27-Jan-10 | 0 Comments

htc-bravo-android-com-pl.jpg

More pictures of the HTC Bravo--an Android 2.1 handset with HTC Sense UI--is making rounds on the internet and the device is looking quite good as the cousin to the Google Nexus One. Separated at birth? The difference being physical buttons and an optical trackpad on the Bravo versus the touch-sensitive buttons and a trackball on the Nexus One .

The device shows us a glimpse of Sense UI on Android 2.1 .

[h1]Project Rouge to Complement Project Pink: Windows Mobile 7 Business Edition[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 28-Jan-10 | 0 Comments

microsoft-windows-mobile-6.jpg

We've heard that Microsoft may be segmenting the Windows Mobile 7 product lines into Business Edition and Media Edition, with the former targeting enterprise users and the latter for consumers and may have higher end specs for multimedia. It seems that Mary Jo-Foley of ZDNet is calling the business edition Project Rouge, which is appropriate considering that we've been hearing of Project Pink, a consumer-targetted platform with Zune integration for a year now. More recently, minimum Zune phone requirements were referred to as well.

According to Foley, "Then came Rouge, the business-oriented mobile services that seem tied in with Microsoft’s family of Office Communications Server, its corporate instant-messaging/VOIP/conferencing product."

Hopefully, when February rolls around and Mobile World Congress commences, we'll have a better idea of how everything will play out in the Windows Mobile race.

The Desktop Charger for the Nexus just dropped tonite....$45 on google's site...i just copped it, and got it shipped overnight...i will let you guys know if its worth it or not tomorrow

Originally Posted by SwagBoss

Anybody know any good facebook apps with facebook instant messaging for the touch pro 2?
FB mobile and FIM you can download both.

Most ROMs come with both.

[h1]http://gizmodo.com/5458587/microsof...obile-7-point-at-high+enc-feature+lac-^phones[/h1]
[h1]Microsoft's Minimum Required Specs For Windows Mobile 7 Point At High-End Feature-Laden Phones[/h1]
winmo7_01.jpg
We've been so caught up in the Windows Mobile 7 launch date rumors, we almost forgot about Microsoft's supposed leaked minimum specifications requirements. After all, this is a company that issued maximum Windows 7 netbook specs.

Supposedly, Microsoft's weighing down on hardware manufacturers wishing to create tidy little phones for the platform, with the following list of minimum specifications garnered by Eldar Murtazin, the editor of leaky site Mobile-Review:

- 1GHz processor
- 3.6-inch WVGA display
- G-sensor accelerometer and compass
- 8GB of internal storage
- 5.0-megapixel camera

I've got to say, if Murtazin is on the money with this list of minimum requirements, then we're in for a treat—though potentially an expensive one, with some of those specs bound to push the cost of each device north-ways. [Eldar Murtazin on Twitter via Unwired View]

[h1][/h1]
[h1]All HTC HD2s have 576MB of RAM like T-Mobile USA Version? [/h1]

By: CJ Lippstreu | Date: 28-Jan-10 | 4 Comments

576ram.jpg

When the monstrous specs for the U.S. version of the HD2 were revealed, many current HD2 owners were a little peeved to find that it’ll have a lot more RAM and ROM available than its predecessor. The unit slated to be released in the U.S. will have 1GB of ROM and 576MB of RAM, compared to 512MB of ROM and 448MB of RAM found on current HD2s. This lead to the theory that the U.S. version will be upgradeable to Windows Mobile 7, while the original version gets left behind. Recently, current owners have gone from angry to hopeful, as there’s news that all HD2s may have 576MB of RAM available – and that it’s just “hidden.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Anybody know any good facebook apps with facebook instant messaging for the touch pro 2?

Do u know where I can get them from? How do u uninstall a program if you dont want it anymore?

No info on the Supersonic? My buddy had an early version for testing. Looks to be better than everything posted in the OP, no hate on the OP though, this is some good info.

Also no mention of the Nexus One in the OP?

Do u know where I can get them from? How do u uninstall a program if you dont want it anymore?

I go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/ Go to setings>system>remove programs

Originally Posted by AirJus23

No info on the Supersonic? My buddy had an early version for testing. Looks to be better than everything posted in the OP, no hate on the OP though, this is some good info.

I posted w/e info on the Supersonic was released. Who does your buddy work for and can he share any info? I made a Nexus One thread but I might as well post a pic of it on the first page.

Canada has no chance of getting the new HTC phones anytime soon.

I was thinking of copping a Hero or a TP2 though. What are your guys' thoughts on either phone and which one is the better one?

The good thing about having lots of young relatives is that you can witch phones with them.
I'm about to trade my N900 for a Nexus 1 . I'll let you know what i think.

Just incase anyone is stikk trying to swap out the TP for a TP2 from Sprint.

they are now exchanging for sure. You just have to have reporteds 2 or more problems with the phone. zzzgot my new in box TP2 this week.

I have insurance btw

Kicktionair - Is this the instore exchange or the 100.00 insurance exchange?

I've had two exchanges, cracking and keyboard failure

I posted w/e info on the Supersonic was released. Who does your buddy work for and can he share any info? I made a Nexus One thread but I might as well post a pic of it on the first page.
I'd rather not say who he works for, but this is the info he gave me:

-Android 2.1
-4G
-Sprint

My observations of the phone (he was able to take it home):

-Mini-HDMI output (720p output)
-Screen looks almost as big as the whole screen portion of the Droid (border included)
-Phone had a plastic white backing with a little brushed aluminum kickstand, seems like they'll market is as a TV/video viewing type phone
-Very solid phone, doesn't seem flimsy at all
-screen resolution was pretty high, don't know the spec
-All touchscreen, 4 little touch button at the bottom, very similar to the Droid's touch buttons

That's all the information I have on it. I wasn't able to test it out very much because it is a very early model and it kept crashing. Not to mention the on button was faulty. It was very hard to press in and so every time I pulled the battery, it would take another 20 tries to turn it back on. The phone did seem to be extremely fast aside from crashing. Like I said though, a very early model and I think it will be a great phone.

I'd rather not say who he works for, but this is the info he gave me:

-Android 2.1
-4G
-Sprint

My observations of the phone (he was able to take it home):

-Mini-HDMI output (720p output)
-Screen looks almost as big as the whole screen portion of the Droid (border included)
-Phone had a plastic white backing with a little brushed aluminum kickstand, seems like they'll market is as a TV/video viewing type phone
-Very solid phone, doesn't seem flimsy at all
-screen resolution was pretty high, don't know the spec
-All touchscreen, 4 little touch button at the bottom, very similar to the Droid's touch buttons

That's all the information I have on it. I wasn't able to test it out very much because it is a very early model and it kept crashing. Not to mention the on button was faulty. It was very hard to press in and so every time I pulled the battery, it would take another 20 tries to turn it back on. The phone did seem to be extremely fast aside from crashing. Like I said though, a very early model and I think it will be a great phone.

So are the pictures in previous post of phone accurate?

[h1]LinkedIn Profile Reveals Creation of Multitouch User Experience Concept for Windows Mobile 7?[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 29-Jan-10 | 0 Comments

image29.png

A LinkedIn profile shows that someone was working on creating some user experiences utilizing multitouch technology for an unknown platform that WMPU believes to be Windows Mobile 7. According to the profile,

NDA dictates I keep this vague. For a leading cell platform I created UX flows of common controls and usages. After client review I created flash demos. Those demo’s were then reviewed and passed on to SectionSeven development to create interactive prototypes. This process allowed for very efficient UX development.

From the looks of the UI, it looks just like regular multitouch on any platform. The tap to select, swipes, pinch and zoom, and kinetic scrolling could apply as much to the iPhone, webOS, or Android--all of which currently utilize capacitive touchscreens with support for multitouch in some capacity.

7.png

LinkedIn Profile Reveals Creation of Multitouch User Experience Concept for Windows Mobile 7?

Unlike the Nexus 1, I would be absolutely shocked if 7 didn't come with multitouch enabled for every program and tool/feature (I'm referring to the keyboard) that would be better off with it.

I'm happy that it's looking like 7 will be everything we want and more.

Back
Top Bottom