Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Sorry if its been answered already but I didn't want to go through 90 pages...

Whats the camera like on the MyTouch Slide?

It's most likely gonna be 3.2mp so not that good.

Thanks. I was hoping for at least 5MP but hey, at least it has flash this time around.

Have you used WM before, it's not for everyone, certainly coming from an iPhone.
You'll have a hard time getting a HD2, they are on back order. I'm actually not sure about on the TMO website.

I've never used WM before. I like my iphone a lot and it's apps, but the wifi signal and locked to AT&T for the moment is a pain. I just really need a phone with t-mobile that has better wifi and somewhat good call quality at my job to get rid of the other 2 phones i use for different purposes. Was thinking of maybe buying an older version of 3g iphone unlocked with T-mobile and hope that corrects my needs....Since i've read the 3g seems to have a stronger wifi chip and my co-worker has a working connection with his at work. (while my 3gs couldn't connect to anything)

I always cop my phones off of ebay so HD2 won't be hard for me to get. I don't do annual contracts period. I'm cool with paying extra.

i thought the windows thing was some geek @++*

this phone is slow as #+%$

it locks up constantly

the keyboard lags when you get incoming texts

the phone doesnt hang up....constantly...

windows makes this @++* run so slow and they amped up this processor, but this @++* is slower than the SK...real talk.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Sorry if its been answered already but I didn't want to go through 90 pages...

Whats the camera like on the MyTouch Slide?

It's most likely gonna be 3.2mp so not that good.

Thanks. I was hoping for at least 5MP but hey, at least it has flash this time around.
It could be 5MP but the MyTouch as a 3.2MP with no flash.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Any recommendations for streaming video apps?  I was using MobiTV but ever since I updated it doesn't want to work.  Now I use SPB TV and it works great but the channel selection is lacking..

when you do the update you have to install it to the Device and not the memory card happened to me twice, The HD2 is pretty

cool so far a little buggy here and there the phone itself is cool, but the MAJOR problem im having with it is the Email

i had my bifflawson@gmail set up fine at first then all of a sudden it started saying "check username and password and try again" over and over so i

called tmobile and they didnt know why it was happening they thought maybe because it was registered on my blackberry still it wasnt working

so i said F it made a new Email and been rolling good ever since until this evening NO EMAILS are coming thru for whatever reason, I am

about to make another email and see if that works but
mad.gif
this part of the phone sucks esp. after coming from Blackberry with their flawless

Email

any help?

just set up a gmail account. it works perfectly for me. whats gay is the inteface doesnt let you select multiple emails to delete or move...infact, i cant seem to get the touchscreen to CONSISTANTLY "select all" or "select multiple files"

i tried giving the phone a shot...but i need to call it in....hopefully im within 30 days

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

it locks up constantly

windows makes this @++* run so slow and they amped up this processor, but this @++* is slower than the SK...real talk.
you right!
i had htc touch pro 2 it was working well until this now ive been having it for almost 5 months and its already half-way not working i dropped it couple times not that bad but damn its messing up i cant make a phone call!! 
mad.gif
frown.gif

i considered that too but i have hope still i got it on thursday, the mobitv is on point tho i watched the NBA playoffs

on there http://www.twitvid.com/XVDXI the way this feature worked perfectly and something as simple as email doesn't work

right is ticking me off. I'm going to add a 3rd gmail address maybe this one works I guess...but the damn thing is it was working fine

but now the emails just arent coming to my phone i wonder what causes it

Originally Posted by 10Sakuragi

it locks up constantly

you right!
i had htc touch pro 2 it was working well until this now ive been having it for almost 5 months and its already half-way not working i dropped it couple times not that bad but damn its messing up i cant make a phone call!! 
mad.gif
frown.gif

never dropped, i manage my "open programs" with task manager...i have to restart constantly...the keyboard lags when you recieve texts...so you cant type a text while you're recieving a text....then, 1/30 times, the screen is just blank. try to go to the lock screen, slide the button to unlock...black screen...oh, but my start menu shows...

and don't get me started on applications and program errors.....how you sending microsoft error reports on your phone for heavens sake? and who knows if the ones i actually accept even get to microsoft....lol

Has anyone having problems with their device considered returning it for a new one? I say that because there are a grip of people that are not having these problems at all. And I know these are tough to come by in a store our through customer care, but ive had none of these problems whatsoever that im reading about on here. Luck of the draw maybe?

[h2]Hands on T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide[/h2]
By Taylor Wimberly on Apr 16 32

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...uch 3G Slide – Android and Me&content=&lng=enhttp://http://http://|More
mtslide_540b.jpg

We previously reported that several hundred myTouch 3G Slide phones were gifted to select T-Mobile employees last week in Las Vegas. These units were handed out early in a joint effort by T-Mobile and HTC so users could test out the phones and provide their feedback before launch. One of our sources was lucky enough to receive this phone and they were nice enough to provide us with a 30 minute virtual hands on.

First off, we are being told the final name for the phone is the myTouch 3G Slide. No launch date has been provided, but it sounds like the device will launch in May. The phones given out are using the final hardware, but the software is still in beta as T-Mobile works with HTC to tweak it.

The following are some quick notes I jotted down during my tour of the phone. No spec sheets were provided with the devices, but we were able to discover most of the major specs.

Display: It is hard to tell from the leaked pictures, but the Slide will feature a larger display than the original MT3G. Our source compared the display with an iPhone 3G S (3.5 in) and said they were the same size. I was unable to determine if the display was AMOLED or not.

Camera: The Slide features a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and autofocus. This is an improvement over the MT3G which had 3 MP and no flash.

Processor: We don’t know the exact model number, but I did confirm it has a 600 MHz ARM11 processor. This could be the Qualcomm MSM7227 or MSM7627.

Memory: From what we can tell the Slide features the same 512 MB ROM / 512 MB RAM as seen in the HTC Nexus One. The phone should ship with an 8 GB microSD card.

HSPA+: The source claimed the Slide will be used by T-Mobile to promote their HSPA+ network, but I do not think it supports the full HSPA+ speeds. Instead I believe it supports HSPA 7.2 which is compatible with the new HSPA+ network. Qualcomm just started to sample some of their HSPA+ chipsets (MSM8260, MSM8660 and MSM8270), but those have a 1.2 GHz Scorpion processor which is faster than what is used in the Slide.

Battery: 1300 mAh as reported earlier.

Operating system: This was already known, but the Slide has the latest Android 2.1 firmware (still kernel 2.6.29) and HTC’s new Sense UI. All of the latest Sense UI features like Leap are included, but the UI has been tweaked to T-Mobile’s liking. It is the same UI as the leaked Espresso ROM that was revealed earlier this year. Users can select between 5-7 home screens.

Hardware extras: The Slide features a proximity and light sensor. The external speaker is much louder than the original MT3G. An optical trackpad is used in place of the trackball.

Multitouch: The Browser, Gallery, and Maps applications all support pinch zoom.

Live Wallpapers: Sorry, these are not supported. This is not that big a surprise considering the processor is ARM11 based.

Accounts & sync: Since the device is Android 2.1, it supports multi accounts. There were a few new additions not seen on my Nexus One. Flickr is now an integrated account you can sync. There is also the option to sync your T-Mobile account so they can store your photos.

Software extras: Lots of T-Mobile bundled apps like AppPack, My Account, and more. There is a myTouch Music app which is a semi-clone of Pandora. Quick Office is included along with some games like Abduction. None of the bundled apps can be removed at this time. Swype is the default virtual keyboard, but users can switch to the HTC keyboard or a new one called Dragon Dictionary.

Gaming: Our unofficial gaming benchmark for mid-range Android phones has become Raging Thunder 2. The game was designed for high-end phones like the Droid and N1, but the source claims it plays at an acceptable frame rate on the Slide. This is a surprise because we tried the game in our Motorola Devour review (also 600 MHz ARM11) and it was not playable. The additional RAM found in the Slide could be the reason for the performance boost.

Overall impressions: Our source claims they were extremely satisfied with the Slide (and they came from the G1). The phone is slimmer than the G1 which is nice for those considering an upgrade. The performance of the Sense UI was great and no lag was experienced on the home screen. The battery life is typical of any Android phone and got them through the day.

Hopefully I can retire my G1 for a white one as a graduation gift
pimp.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Has anyone having problems with their device considered returning it for a new one? I say that because there are a grip of people that are not having these problems at all. And I know these are tough to come by in a store our through customer care, but ive had none of these problems whatsoever that im reading about on here. Luck of the draw maybe?

I was thinking the same thing also. I know  that sometimes a new batch of devices may have bugs in them.

Its funny to see all the complaints on the HD2 b/c I really don't have any of the issues everyone is talking about...

I have reset the phone maybe twice...

Could be that I disabled the Sense UI and use SPB Mobile shell (Windows 7 Theme).

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

[h2]Hands on T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide[/h2]
By Taylor Wimberly on Apr 16 32

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php...uch 3G Slide – Android and Me&content=&lng=enhttp://http://http://|More
mtslide_540b.jpg

We previously reported that several hundred myTouch 3G Slide phones were gifted to select T-Mobile employees last week in Las Vegas. These units were handed out early in a joint effort by T-Mobile and HTC so users could test out the phones and provide their feedback before launch. One of our sources was lucky enough to receive this phone and they were nice enough to provide us with a 30 minute virtual hands on.

First off, we are being told the final name for the phone is the myTouch 3G Slide. No launch date has been provided, but it sounds like the device will launch in May. The phones given out are using the final hardware, but the software is still in beta as T-Mobile works with HTC to tweak it.

The following are some quick notes I jotted down during my tour of the phone. No spec sheets were provided with the devices, but we were able to discover most of the major specs.

Display: It is hard to tell from the leaked pictures, but the Slide will feature a larger display than the original MT3G. Our source compared the display with an iPhone 3G S (3.5 in) and said they were the same size. I was unable to determine if the display was AMOLED or not.

Camera: The Slide features a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and autofocus. This is an improvement over the MT3G which had 3 MP and no flash.

Processor: We don’t know the exact model number, but I did confirm it has a 600 MHz ARM11 processor. This could be the Qualcomm MSM7227 or MSM7627.

Memory: From what we can tell the Slide features the same 512 MB ROM / 512 MB RAM as seen in the HTC Nexus One. The phone should ship with an 8 GB microSD card.

HSPA+: The source claimed the Slide will be used by T-Mobile to promote their HSPA+ network, but I do not think it supports the full HSPA+ speeds. Instead I believe it supports HSPA 7.2 which is compatible with the new HSPA+ network. Qualcomm just started to sample some of their HSPA+ chipsets (MSM8260, MSM8660 and MSM8270), but those have a 1.2 GHz Scorpion processor which is faster than what is used in the Slide.

Battery: 1300 mAh as reported earlier.

Operating system: This was already known, but the Slide has the latest Android 2.1 firmware (still kernel 2.6.29) and HTC’s new Sense UI. All of the latest Sense UI features like Leap are included, but the UI has been tweaked to T-Mobile’s liking. It is the same UI as the leaked Espresso ROM that was revealed earlier this year. Users can select between 5-7 home screens.

Hardware extras: The Slide features a proximity and light sensor. The external speaker is much louder than the original MT3G. An optical trackpad is used in place of the trackball.

Multitouch: The Browser, Gallery, and Maps applications all support pinch zoom.

Live Wallpapers: Sorry, these are not supported. This is not that big a surprise considering the processor is ARM11 based.

Accounts & sync: Since the device is Android 2.1, it supports multi accounts. There were a few new additions not seen on my Nexus One. Flickr is now an integrated account you can sync. There is also the option to sync your T-Mobile account so they can store your photos.

Software extras: Lots of T-Mobile bundled apps like AppPack, My Account, and more. There is a myTouch Music app which is a semi-clone of Pandora. Quick Office is included along with some games like Abduction. None of the bundled apps can be removed at this time. Swype is the default virtual keyboard, but users can switch to the HTC keyboard or a new one called Dragon Dictionary.

Gaming: Our unofficial gaming benchmark for mid-range Android phones has become Raging Thunder 2. The game was designed for high-end phones like the Droid and N1, but the source claims it plays at an acceptable frame rate on the Slide. This is a surprise because we tried the game in our Motorola Devour review (also 600 MHz ARM11) and it was not playable. The additional RAM found in the Slide could be the reason for the performance boost.

Overall impressions: Our source claims they were extremely satisfied with the Slide (and they came from the G1). The phone is slimmer than the G1 which is nice for those considering an upgrade. The performance of the Sense UI was great and no lag was experienced on the home screen. The battery life is typical of any Android phone and got them through the day.
I Will Cop This...

I had the HD2 returned that HUNK OF GARBAGE
pimp.gif

This will be much MUCH Better ..

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Originally Posted by MetroKid26
I Will Cop This...

I had the HD2 returned that HUNK OF GARBAGE
pimp.gif

This will be much MUCH Better ..
Are you getting it for the keyboard? If not, I would consider the Nexus One or waiting a bit to see if TMO gets anything else.

Yeah i cant do only touch screen my fingers are to damn big (pause)

however .. the nexus one is gonna be 500 beans for an upgrade for me bc my upgrade is at 1 1/2 years

and im tired of this lagging G1

I've been in touch with HTC customer service for the past 2 weeks, talking to a chick named Lindsay. After 2 days, she stopped responding. Some guy at HTC has been calling me the last 3 days, his name is Richard, who I (finally picked up) spoke to yesterday, he basically told me that they are trying to combat the issues with the phone and so far hear a lot of complaints but people are not following up with it. He ask for me to not trade my HD2 yet for a new one since I'm the only person to have credibility with issues (complaints to HTC, Tmobile, pics and now videos) and they want to fix them asap. He's gonna call me back on Monday with another guy, senior adviser of quality care of HTC products.

Obviously the issue with the HD2 is wide spread. T-mobile knows, HTC knows, hopefully I can help get these fixed for us. Ill update yall soon.

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Yeah i cant do only touch screen my fingers are to damn big (pause)

and im tired of this lagging G1

Agreed I'm getting sick of my G1, it's pretty much prehistoric compared to these other android phones.

it locks up constantly

its the Windows OS!!! its just terrible, there has yet to be a windows smartphone that doesnt have these SAME issues.  The processor is great, it sucks BECAUSE of the OS, its funny how a phone with the SAME specs would run better on an OS like android. This phone was a waste!

I really hope AT&T gets this, in case I don't like WM7, I'll get this

[h1]HTC Desire Review[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 18-Apr-10 | 24 Comments

money.jpg

While it may seem that the HTC Desire is basically a Nexus One, I'd like to challenge that notion. It's got more RAM, better hardware, and a completely different interface. At the end of the day, the HTC Desire is the most powerful Android device that HTC has ever brought to market. This power goes a long way in providing a smooth experience for HTC's widget-packed Sense UI, much more so than found on the Hero and Legend. In this review we'll cover the Desire from top to bottom, so that you can determine if it's a smartphone that you....desire (had to!).

BOX CONTENTS

For now....
http://pocketnow.com/hardware-1/htc-desire-review

Back
Top Bottom