Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

So I'm going through my albums folder on my HD2 and notice I have a lot of pics (thumbnails) in folders that I did not save. Looks like temps to me, but how do I delete them all at once, not just one folder at a time? All these folders have wierd names like 0F375103

Idk if they changed it or not but temps could be deleted by going to the photo tab and going to album

Can't wait for the evo 2. Hope 4g is included with the phone plan and they are only charging extra for wifi hot spots.

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Software
[h4]iPhone OS 4 versus Windows Phone 7: the tale of the tape[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Apr 8th 2010 5:51PM

Feature

post_icon_stats.gif

So now that Apple's finally addressed (well, sort of addressed) the 800-pound gorilla known as multitasking, it's time to take a good, hard look at how iPhone OS 4 stacks up against Redmond's completely redesigned mobile monster that's destined to hit handsets toward the end of the year. Though the two companies have taken vastly different paths to get to where they are with their mobile strategies today, there are some striking similarities between the platforms; take that multitasking we already mentioned, for example -- both iPhone OS and Windows Phone are looking to keep processor and battery utilization to a minimum by putting the emphasis on managed services for background apps rather than just letting them run roughshod over your fragile hardware. Of course, there are some striking differences, too -- so let's have a look, shall we?

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]iPhone
OS 4
iphone-os-4-thumb.jpg

[/td] [td]iPhone
OS 3.1.3
iphone-os-3-thumb.jpg

[/td] [td]Windows
Phone 7
winpho7-thumb.jpg

[/td] [td]Windows
Mobile 6.5.3
winmo-653-thumb.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]​
[table][tr][td]Kernel Type[/td] [td]OS X[/td] [td]OS X[/td] [td]Windows CE 6[/td] [td]Windows CE 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Platform Adaptability[/td] [td]Good[/td] [td]Good[/td] [td]Good[/td] [td]Excellent[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Platform Age[/td] [td]Adolescent[/td] [td]Adolescent[/td] [td]Young[/td] [td]Mature[/td] [/tr][tr][td]First-party Enterprise Support[/td] [td]Exchange[/td] [td]Exchange[/td] [td]Exchange[/td] [td]Exchange[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wireless Tech[/td] [td]GSM, WiFi[/td] [td]GSM, WiFi[/td] [td]GSM, CDMA, WiFi[/td] [td]GSM, CDMA, WiFi[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Screen Gestures[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Limited[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Screen Tech[/td] [td]Capacitive[/td] [td]Capacitive[/td] [td]Capacitive[/td] [td]Capacitive / Resistive[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Multitouch[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UI skinning[/td] [td]Limited[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Input methods[/td] [td]Virtual / external keyboards[/td] [td]Virtual keyboard only[/td] [td]Virtual / physical keyboards[/td] [td]Virtual / physical keyboards, T9 / triple tap, character recognition[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Notification style[/td] [td]Modal pop-up, icon badge[/td] [td]Modal pop-up, icon badge[/td] [td]Unobtrusive banner / pop-up[/td] [td]Modal pop-up[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Contact integration / management[/td] [td]Exchange ActiveSync, Mac OS Address Book, Google Sync[/td] [td]Exchange ActiveSync, Mac OS Address Book, Google Sync[/td] [td]Exchange ActiveSync, Google Sync[/td] [td]Exchange ActiveSync, Google Sync, Domino, BlackBerry[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Multitasking[/td] [td]Limited / managed[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]Limited / managed[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Copy / paste[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Media support / ecosystem[/td] [td]iTunes[/td] [td]iTunes[/td] [td]Zune[/td] [td]None[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Global search[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]No[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Firmware updates[/td] [td]Tethered[/td] [td]Tethered[/td] [td]Tethered, OTA[/td] [td]Tethered, limited OTA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Browser Engine[/td] [td]WebKit[/td] [td]WebKit[/td] [td]Trident (IE)[/td] [td]Trident (IE)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tethering[/td] [td]Yes (varies by carrier)[/td] [td]Yes (varies by carrier)[/td] [td]Unknown[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stereo Blutooth[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SDK Availability / Support[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Official App Store[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]App Availability[/td] [td]High[/td] [td]High[/td] [td]Low (unreleased)[/td] [td]Medium[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Native Applications[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Unsigned Applications[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]On-Device App Management[/td] [td]Excellent[/td] [td]Good
(no folders)[/td] [td]Good
(no folders)[/td] [td]Good[/td] [/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

post_icon_comment_tail.gif

Leave A Comment

Facebook

Digg

Google Buzz

Twitter

http://

[h2][/h2]
[h2]FYI: T-mobile HD2 Back in stock Online…. Again[/h2]
April 8th, 2010 | Author: Wen(WM)

I am sure many are getting tired of this, but after being out of stock for a while the HD2 is back again for more. T-mobile restocked up on HD2’s late Monday and you can now get your self one online. I am not sure about in stores just yet, but I will be calling in to try and get myself on later today.

If you have been waiting for the HD2, here is your chance, but since I am upgrading, I have to go in store, so no new phone for me just yet.
http:///wmpoweruser.com/?p=15151">http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=15151')" href="http://www.sphere.com/search?q=sphereit:http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=15151">Sphere: Related Content
http:///wmpoweruser.com/?p=15151">http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=15151')" target="_blank" href="http://www.sphere.com/search?q=sphereit:http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=15151">

[h1]http://www.wmexperts.com/windows-phone-virus-making-rounds[/h1]
[h1]Windows Phone Virus making the rounds?[/h1]
0 comments »

Posted on Thursday, Apr 8, 2010by George Ponder

Filed Under: News;Tags:windows phone, virus, trojan file

There is a virus/trojan horse problem making it's rounds that is effecting several Windows Phone users. The virus came to light over at XDA Developers Forums when several effect users noticed their Windows Phones dialing international phone numbers spontaneously in the middle of the night. 

In discussing this phenomena, one commonality was discovered and the likely culprit is a game titled "3D Anti-Terrorist".  The .cab file not only loads the game onto your phone but also loads a trojan file on to your Windows Phone is time triggered to dial certain international numbers monthly.

If you've downloaded "3D Anti-Terrorist" you may want to check your call history for any mysterious calls happening in the middle of the night. If you think your phone may be effected by this, the solutions offered over on XDA range from a hard reset to deleting certain files. The hard reset option seems to be having the most success.

If more develops on this, we'll pass it on.

[h1]http://www.wmexperts.com/review-sbsh-phoneweaver-21[/h1]
[h1]Review: SBSH PhoneWeaver 2.1[/h1]
3 comments »

Posted on Tuesday, Apr 6, 2010by Tim Ferrill

Filed Under: Software Reviews; Tags:Configuration, Phone Weaver, PhoneWeaver, SBSH

The ability to tweak and mold a Windows Phone into something that perfectly fits our lifestyle and schedule is one of the platform's biggest features. Tools like SBSH PhoneWeaver give you the power to manage your settings in a way that gives you a lot of control while simplifying the configuration and management of your settings.

[h2]Features[/h2]
PhoneWeaver gives you the ability to create profiles that contain a collection of settings. Each Profile you create contains settings for sounds and notifications, communication settings like WiFi and Bluetooth, and settings for the backlight. Also contained in each profile is the trigger, or the way that the profile is activated. Triggers can be based on time, agenda, or location. The flexibility that can be attained through using different triggers to manipulate your settings is amazing.

[h2]Interface[/h2]
From the perspective of the user interface, PhoneWeaver gives you access to the tools you need to configure and use your profiles, but it is a little rough around the edges. PhoneWeaver has several different parts to the interface. Much of the interaction with the application is done through the PhoneWeaver menu, which pops up over your current application and allows you to choose a profile, manipulate individual settings or access the PhoneWeaver options.

The PhoneWeaver menu can be accessed through a shortcut placed in the Traybar or Taskbar. Additionally, PhoneWeaver includes a Today-screen plugin that gives you access to various functions with a single touch.

[h2]Usability[/h2]
PhoneWeaver uses profiles to manage the way that your settings are applied. Using this program is all about the way that you configure your profiles. Once configured, in most instances your settings will be applied automatically. One additional piece of functionality that you may find useful is the ability to have a profile only modify a certain portion of the settings. You can also disable a profile in the case that you don’t want it to trigger, but want to save it for later use.

[h2]Conclusion[/h2]
PhoneWeaver is a very powerful and flexible tool. Having the ability to modify your settings based on your agenda or location gives you amazing control over how your phone behaves in certain situations. Though PhoneWeaver is extremely powerful, it’s not for everyone. If you need an extra level of management over your phone’s configuration; head on over to the WMExperts store, PhoneWeaver costs $14.95.
[table][tr][td]
[h2]Ratings (out of 5)[/h2]
  • Features: 5
  • Interface: 3
  • Usability: 4
[h3]Overall: 4/5[/h3]
100_star.gif
100_star.gif
100_star.gif
100_star.gif
0_star.gif

[/td][td]
[h2]Pros[/h2]
  • Allows automated device configuration based on time or location.
  • One time setup.
[h2]Cons[/h2]
  • Interface could use some cleanup.
  • Configuration can be a little bit difficult.
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

So I'm going through my albums folder on my HD2 and notice I have a lot of pics (thumbnails) in folders that I did not save. Looks like temps to me, but how do I delete them all at once, not just one folder at a time? All these folders have wierd names like 0F375103

Idk if they changed it or not but temps could be deleted by going to the photo tab and going to album
Yeah, you can but I somehow got like 50+ folders of just 1or 2 pics in each, there in alphabetical order (A - G etc.), I still don't know how they got there, a lot of the pics are from FB (friends pages) or visited sites from the browser. I check my Albums often, never seen this before till just yesterday. So why does it save all these pics to my Album? Never ask it too, very strange and annoying.

Im about to trade my 9700 for the HD2 and $50 from m pocket....worth it??

I love my BB, but its boring. The only thing I like is the bbm feature....

Should I trade my Touch Pro2 for the HD2? Found someone willing to do the trade but I dont know if I can pull the trigger.
Also, does anyone know if the HD2 Extended battery w/ the kick stand is compatible with the T-Mo branded HD2?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Yeah, you can but I somehow got like 50+ folders of just 1or 2 pics in each, there in alphabetical order (A - G etc.), I still don't know how they got there, a lot of the pics are from FB (friends pages) or visited sites from the browser. I check my Albums often, never seen this before till just yesterday. So why does it save all these pics to my Album? Never ask it too, very strange and annoying.
it would b faster if u hooked it up to ur comp and deleted em...

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Incredible is released on the 29th.
Can't wait to get it
7002d1270674084-and-.jpg.html

What makes it better than the N1 other than the 8mgp camera as compared to the 5? And what does Sense UI really do? Also, is anybody else sick of these iphone verizon rumors, its just getting dragged through the dirt.

That HTC Incredible looking nice. I was thinking of copping a Nexus One but its multi touch is not too good on that. I'll most likely wait it out till theirs an android phone that can compete with the N1 and have good multi touch one without a qwerty keyboard that looks nice.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Automate Your Wi-Fi Setups[/h1]
File under: News

By: Anton D. Nagy | Date: 11-Apr-10 | 0 Comments

WiFi%20Settings.jpg

When you first want to connect to a Wi-Fi Hotspot or Router, you need to enter information such as password (or even the SSID) which is then stored on your Device. If you are a mobile person and have lots of Wi-Fi networks your device connects to, inputting all the information on a new Device or after a Hard Reset can be annoying.

There's an application for PC which allows you to create CAB files that contain settings for a Wi-Fi network. If you have multiple Wi-Fi settings, you can separately create a CAB for each of them. Transfer the CABs to your Device and install them. Your Wi-Fi settings for the specific network/s should be set and you're good to go!

(Source: XDA Developers)

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Prevent Device Stand-by with Certain Apps[/h1]

By: Anton D. Nagy | Date: 11-Apr-10 | 1 Comments

KeepAwake.jpg

By default, your Windows Mobile device will enter stand-by mode after a predefined period of time in order to mainly save battery and second to prevent unwanted activity. This is a Device-wide setting.

If you have one or more apps you keep interacting with your device in order to prevent it from stand-by, there's an application which has a customizable whitelist for applications. What it does is that it automatically prevents your Device from going into stand-by if one or more apps from the whitelist are running. Typical usage scenarios: reading eBooks and documents (even though first thing I added was Opera since I read lots of pages on my Device). To find out your custom application name you want to add to the list, start the app and check the Task Manager for application or process name.

If you want to remove an app from the whitelist, just select its name and click remove button. For more instructions, check its home thread.

Note: Be careful! If your app is in the whitelist and it is minimized while running in the background, your device will never enter stand-by!

(Source: XDA Developers)

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Another Easy Way to Free Up RAM[/h1]

By: Anton D. Nagy | Date: 2-Sep-09 | 1 Comments

RAMSweeper.jpg

We've been posting about cleanRAM in the past, an application that will free up RAM memory on your Device by closing applications and processes based on a blacklist.

RAM Sweeper here from XDA Developers is pretty much based on the same principle, but this application will use a whitelist, and close all applications and processes except those in the whitelist. Ofcourse, the whitelist can be edited, since it's a simple text document to be found in Device\Program Files\RAM Sweeper. To add an application, just add a line (i.e.: to exclude Notepad from being closed for instance, add a line "EXC notepad.exe").

While the default whitelist might not suit your needs, a completely customized list will give you good results. Just make sure what the programs you want to keep alive are and drop them a line in the whitelist. To start sweeping, just run the application.

RAM Sweeper also supports RUN commands, applications it will execute after a RAM cleanup as well as parameters to those, if any. To do that, drop a line in the whitelist (i.e.: "RUN testapp.exe").

I traded my 9700 for the HD2, I must say, well worth it! I'm still trying to figure everything out, if anyone has any tips please let me know...

Any good free apps I should have for this thing?

[h1]Ubuntu on Touch Pro2: Now with WiFi[/h1]

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 12-Apr-10 | 1 Comments

ubuntu.jpg

A couple of months ago we showed you how you could run Ubunutu on your Touch Pro2 using Haret.exe. Well, the project continues to evolve over at XDA, and the latest builds add more functionality, like WiFi, web browser, screen rotation, and more. I was able to get WiFi working through my Touch Pro2. To get it going is super easy - just transfer the files to your storage card, and run haret.exe.

Thanks for the tip, Jeff.

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Software
[h4]HTC 'continues to assess' developing its own smartphone OS, Palm says 'hey, assess this'[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Apr 13th 2010 1:52PM

Failing a Palm acquisition, there might still be justification for HTC to build out its own software platform for many of the same reasons that buying Palm would make sense -- the company's getting bigger and more important to the market by the day, after all, and being left at the mercy of Google and Microsoft to produce cohesive platforms of their own might not sit well with Chou's team ad infinitum. The HTC Smart could be regarded as its first baby step toward that goal, though the handset -- based on Qualcomm's Brew MP platform -- is actually a featurephone that won't fly with the same kinds of consumers that are cross-shopping Android and Windows Phone products. To that end, Bloomberg says that HTC's CFO revealed in an interview that his company continues "to assess [developing its own smartphone operating system], but that requires a few conditions to justify." Naturally, he went on to clam up when nudged about the Palm sitch -- and he never got around to laying out what those "few conditions" were that would spur HTC to pull the trigger on any of this -- but it's starting to seem inevitable that this is all going to go down one way or another.

post_label_VIA.gif
Phone Scoop
post_label_source.gif
Bloomberg

Does the new Evo from sprint will have android 2.1? The new OS 2.1? It currently has 2.0? and can you update the OS to 2.1?

[h1]How to Speed Up HTC's Twitter Tab[/h1]

By: Adam Z Lein | Date: 14-Apr-10 | 0 Comments

HD2Peep.gif

HTC's Sense on the new T-Mobile HD2 has a few bugs that may make the device appear to freeze, or slow down considerably. Another one is the HTC Peep application for Twitter. The Twitter app works great for a while, but it doesn't ever clear out old tweets from the database. So depending on how many people you're following and how often they tweet, sooner or later, that twitter timeline is going to get very long and that's what's going to slow you down. There is no way to delete old tweets in the application neither manually nor automatically, so you'll have to clear them out manually.

First, go to Settings>All Settings> Today> Items tab and uncheck HTC's Sense item. This will disable Sense temporarily. Next open the File Explorer and navigate to T-Mobile_LEO\\\Temp\TwitEng\Db. In that folder you'll see a file with your Twitter user name on it. Delete that. Now you can go back to the Today screen items settings control panel and turn Sense back on. Now your old Twitter timeline listing is gone and you can start download again.

Of course you'll probably run into the same problem again pretty soon, so the other option is to disable the HTC Sense Twitter tab completely and use a different/better twitter client instead. To disable the Twitter tab, go to Settings> Personalize> Home Screen Tabs, and uncheck "Twitter".

How to Speed Up HTC's Twitter Tab

Good post!

I just checked and I do have a ton of tweets. I'm deleting them, removing the tab, and downloading something better. I didn't do it before because I mainly read, but I don't want to get stuck having to manually delete old tweets.

man... where are yall finding people willing to trade a hd2 for a touch pro2?

lemme know cuz i want that damn hd2...

Back
Top Bottom