Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

stupid question: what would an HTC smartphone be like if I didnt have an monthly plan with it?
as in I use it with a prepaid simcard, and only get WIFI as internet at home or at school.
Does it loses most of its functions?

stupid question: what would an HTC smartphone be like if I didnt have an monthly plan with it?
as in I use it with a prepaid simcard, and only get WIFI as internet at home or at school.
Does it loses most of its functions?

What are you looking to do with it? Which smartphone?

Why not just get a phone that has great battery life and call quality and by a PMP separately (iPod Touch, Zune HD, Archos ___, etc.)?

Im hoping sprint has some sort of discount on the evo for early adaptors of the Hero. It would suck for me to have to wait till october to get it when i'll be able to upgrade, cause there's no way in hell im paying 600 bucks for it.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

i don't get da t-mobile hate..its called get da nexus one if you want a super phone on our network.

To each his own, I guess.  The N1 just doesn't move me for some reason.  And to be honest, after rocking with the HD2 for the past 5 or 6 weeks, I can't see going back to a smaller screen.  That glorious display pretty much ruined me for anything smaller. 
ohwell.gif
nexus one has a better quality screen then da HD2...
And he's not allowed to prefer the larger screen to richer colors?

Both phones have their pros and cons, while I like the nexus better overall I want android in the hardware of the HD2
perhaps, but also know that da AMOLED screen also is way kinder in terms of battery life.

..hmm isn't android + HD2 specs = incredible
Incredible is not much more than a nexus one variant...3.7" screen and same guts other than the 2nd mic a different look and a different camera module. It's a cool phone though, definitely a good choice for anyone on verizon since the nexus one isn't coming out for them anymore.

SMH...this dude ninja just cannot NOT be a fanboy. My comment had NOTHING to do with the quality of the screen. Had everything to do with size. Stop with the N1 *snipped*...your act is dumb old at this point in time.

Hey everyone... I appreciate all this info... I'm looking to get a smartphone with a 2 year contract and I was wondering what would be my best bang for the buck... I'm leaning toward either coppin an Incredible with Verizon, waiting on the Evo 4G with sprint or getting a 3GS Iphone with AT&T... All of the plans seem to come out to be about $100 a month... What would my deposit be for each with a 2 year contract?

Well a new iPhone is coming out in June and the Evo will be out in June. Check which service offers better coverage in your area.

The Evo is the HD2 of androids. And like was stated before, the Incredible is pretty much a Nexus One variant.

SMH...this dude ninja just cannot NOT be a fanboy. My comment had NOTHING to do with the quality of the screen. Had everything to do with size. Stop with the N1 *snipped*...your act is dumb old at this point in time.
grin.gif
eyes.gif

not my fault u was vague wit ur answer....

sprint has the best plans... period... as far as pricing...

nobody knows what ur deposit would be because nobody knows what ur credit looks like...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

nobody knows what ur deposit would be because nobody knows what ur credit looks like...

aight... with the worst credit possible... what would i be looking at

ninja, you're better than that. I figured when you read the word "smaller" you would deduct I was talking about size. Step your reading comprehension game up playboy. There was nothing vague about my earlier comment. Stop frontin'.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

A business rep from Sprint shared with us that Sprint is offering a $100 credit to users who switch carriers and port their number.
sealed the deal for me.

good bye verizon, it's been nice.
That makes two of us.

Peace T-Mobile, it's been good.

i don't get da t-mobile hate..its called get da nexus one if you want a super phone on our network.
To each his own, I guess.  The N1 just doesn't move me for some reason.  And to be honest, after rocking with the HD2 for the past 5 or 6 weeks, I can't see going back to a smaller screen.  That glorious display pretty much ruined me for anything smaller. 
ohwell.gif
Same for me, I love my HD2 screen size, 4.3 > 3.7 > 3.5, that's why I want the Evo 4G (also cuz it has Android x Sense). Does anybody know if the Evo is gonna have a TFT LCD or AMOLDED?

Originally Posted by Memp2Atl85

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

aight... with the worst credit possible... what would i be looking at
I'm curious about this too. Last night I went to Sprints website to see what would happen because I knew they run credit checks. So I basically added a plan and phone. Then it ran a credit check. Now I don't have the best credit in the world
embarassed.gif
, but it said they would accept me but they would tack on that spending limit fee which is 4.99 a month. My question is, does that mean i'm clear from paying a deposit, or will I still need one? I guess I should just call sprint as ask right...

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

ohwell.gif
Same for me, I love my HD2 screen size, 4.3 > 3.7 > 3.5, that's why I want the Evo 4G (also cuz it has Android x Sense). Does anybody know if the Evo is gonna have a TFT LCD or AMOLDED?

AMOLED

How does this $100 credit exactly work if I want to move from tmo to sprint?... what do I need to do

Man Sprint is making major moves. I know everybody talks about how bad Sprint's service is, but I live in Cleveland, and since I've switched from Verizon to Sprint I can say I have dropped maybe one or two calls in 8 months. Not to mention Sprint has BY FAR the best plans on their phones. Unlimited (except landlines) minutes, texts, data, tv, and radio for 69.99? Nobody even comes close. On top of that they have good phones, and are about to have THE BEST PHONE. So depending on where you live, Sprint is the !*%* and they have good corporate discounts (I get 23% through GM) and you can upgrade ur phone every year. Can't beat it.

A business rep from Sprint shared with us that Sprint is offering a $100 credit to users who switch carriers and port their number.
sealed the deal for me.

That makes two of us.

Actually the three of us.

Adios AT&T, its been a pleasure.

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

How does this $100 credit exactly work if I want to move from tmo to sprint?... what do I need to do

u just sign up with sprint and go thru the porting process (online or in store)... tmobile should be automatically notified and cancel ur account... call em to make sure after ur number has been ported (takes a day or 2 and u get a temp number)... i dunno the details of how long u have to keep the service before they give u the credit (thats usually the stipulation) but i know thats how u port because i did it for my pops...

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Man Sprint is making major moves. I know everybody talks about how bad Sprint's service is, but I live in Cleveland, and since I've switched from Verizon to Sprint I can say I have dropped maybe one or two calls in 8 months. Not to mention Sprint has BY FAR the best plans on their phones. Unlimited (except landlines) minutes, texts, data, tv, and radio for 69.99? Nobody even comes close. On top of that they have good phones, and are about to have THE BEST PHONE. So depending on where you live, Sprint is the !*%* and they have good corporate discounts (I get 23% through GM) and you can upgrade ur phone every year. Can't beat it.

yea sprint has great service here...

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

ohwell.gif

AMOLED
jesus christ....and they handing out 100 bucks to head to sprint? pssh..thats gonna net ALOT of dudes.

Yo between the HTC Hero and the HTC HD 2, which do I get? Ya boy has no 3G on his phone at the moment and I want to get a phone already. Lady at Sprint said I could get anyphone I want, sign a contract and then pay the difference and $35. So I'm probably going to do that just to see what these Android phones are all about.

*EDIT Forgot to mention I'll be getting the EVO 4G in the end.
pimp.gif

sealed the deal for me.

That makes two of us.

eek.gif
, how'd you get out? i signed 2 years for this funky !%% HD2, thanks geniuses on here.....

Back
Top Bottom