Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

i just got the Hero last night

this thing is freaking sick, I really dont miss my iPhone

I made the mistake of playing with a Hero and a Pre. It's really making me think about not keeping the Touch Pro 2.

Did you give up any capabilities in switching from your iPhone to a Hero? Did you rent or buy movies, download video podcasts, or use any other DRMed material? Does the screen size make a difference to you?

I've been of the opinion that I wan an iPhone for some time now, but I'm starting to realize that what I really want is a device w/ similar hardware (thin, no keyboard, big screen). I would be all over an Imagio. I think. I'd love to have the notification system that Android and WebOS use. I don't like being interrupted w/ pop-ups.

yes on the hero, no on the pre. i just got rid of my pre for the hero and i'm not looking back

mannnn, that HD2 looks just amazing!!!!! i REALLY hope that'll make it's way to sprint!!!!! would probably pass on getting the hero/tp2 to wait forthis instead.

AT&T is really slacking by not having any android phone out yet. So far I know that they will have the Dell phone and I believe an LG phone and the Hero isstill a rumor.
But if it does come to AT&T I think I will pick it over the TP2, of course if the HD2 comes I will be getting that. Well hopefully, the upgrade price isgonna be costly

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h2]http://www.androidcentral.com/vimeo-videos-available-android[/h2]
[h2]Vimeo Videos Available on Android[/h2]
Posted on Friday, Nov 13, 2009 by Casey Chan

One of the biggest reasons we use Youtube for our videos here at Android Central (other than its ubiquity) is that Youtube videos play on Android phones (and other mobile devices). It's as simple as that. Without Flash support, a lot of videos on other services are simply lost on mobile devices. Luckily, Vimeo (known for its higher quality content and quality) is looking to change that. Vimeo has announced that they are lending support to Android (and the iPhone) and that their videos will soon play on your Android phone.

If you head to vimeo.com on your Android phone, you'll be re-directed to an updated mobile site that allows for easy viewing of videos in Vimeo's Staff Picks and HD channels. Eventually, support for all Plus Members will be available. We're excited to see Vimeo join the mobile fray, maybe we'll even see an Android application down the line?

[cnet]

[table][tr][td]Filed Under: News; Tags: vimeo, video playing, video, quality, mobile, android[/td] [td]0 comments »[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h2]Android Gets Bump, Super Cool App[/h2]
Posted on Friday, Nov 13, 2009 by Casey Chan

One of the cooler applications on the iPhone, Bump, has found its way to Android. If you've never heard of Bump before, it's okay for now, but the potential of the application and the all-around cool factor is definitely worth remembering. Bump allows you to share contact information and photos between two phones just by 'bumping' (tapping) them together. It's an uber-quick way to exchange phone numbers and pretty much genius in its execution, you'll definitely wonder how come it doesn't come stock on all phones after you use it.

All you have to do is fire up the app and you'll be 'bumping' in no time. As Bump grows in popularity, it'll become even more useful because people you bump into at coffee shops, meetings, conferences, etc. can just 'bump' you their information just as easily. The best thing is that the Android 'Bump' works with the iPhone 'Bump'--Bump is cross-platform. Go download it in Android Market and get to bumping!

[techcrunch]

[table][tr][td]Filed Under: News; Tags: info, contact, bump, apps, android apps, android[/td] [td]9 comments »[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h2]Want to Get Google Maps Navigation on Your T-Mobile G1? Here's How[/h2]
Posted on Thursday, Nov 12, 2009 by Casey Chan

We're sure a lot of you T-Mobile G1 owners have been interested in Google Maps Navigation since it was announced (to be fair, who isn't interested?). And when we told you that the fine folks at xda-developers had figured a way to port Google Maps Navigation onto the beloved G1, you couldn't wait to find out how to do the same. And now that we have those instructions, you're ready to get started. So here it goes (remember, your G1 needs to be rooted and have CyanogenMod 4.2.3.1), to quote xda-developers:

Download file here
  1. Unzip zip to desktop
  2. Run Part 1.bat
  3. When prompted to press any key, do so; the phone will reboot
  4. When your phone is running again, run Part 2.bat
  5. When prompted to press any key, the installation process is done.
  6. Make sure GPS is enabled
  7. Open Maps and press OK
  8. Press Menu
  9. Press Directions
  10. Enter an end point
  11. Click Go
  12. Just under "Show on map", click Navigate.
  13. When prompted to install the voice codec, do so.
  14. Enjoy
And remember, we're all better Android users because of the great folks at xda-developers. And as always, be careful when you do this! Be sure to let us know how it works out for you in the comments

Originally Posted by mjbetch

i'm loving my sprint hero <3

Just got it today, and man this phone is grate, i cant imagine the htc hd2 having android 2.0 and to top it off if possible to have it with htc sense UI. Ifthis happends watch people will be saying iphone what... "we off that" lol. I cant wait to learn more about it and all the apps. Sprint FTW
pimp.gif
Any Recommendations for application..?

I love how before people Use to Hate on Sprint and supposedly they had a bad reputation or terrible service, whatever the case maybe, but look at we know lolGreat phones, Plans that are pretty decent.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

OK PICKED UP THE SPRINT HTC HERO TODAY ...

CAN ANY1 POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR APPS AND PROGRAMS AND HOW TO INSTALL/RUN THEM
Doesn't the handbook tell you how?
Just go to the app market, you'll need your gmail to purchase them. Pick the one you want to download and they should install right to your phone and itwill be in the main menu.

Anybody got the "Fake Call" app from the marketplace? I can't figure out how to fix it so my "incoming call" won't be onspeakerphone.

[h2]Developer Killed the Marketplace[/h2]
November 16th, 2009 | Author: l3v5y

The reason marketplaces like the iPhone App Store and the Android Market are so successful is the wealth of applications available at the sub $5 price point. We're all happy to go and buy something that costs less than a cup of coffee, but when programs cost more than $20 or sometimes even $30, it's a little extreme. Sure, there are some things I'd pay $30 for, but not that many, and only after I've tried the demo version.

This is hardly MS fault, but the developers fault. Most of the applications on the Windows Marketplace for Mobile are things previously developed for release elsewhere and then submitted at the same price they have been for years. There are very few new applications developed and released on Marketplace and no-where else. Things would improve if it were possible to have a "trial" version of software as part of the same submission, which would no-doubt save MS time with testing, and developers wouldn't have to send in multiple submissions.

One of the hurdles may be the $99 registration cost (which should be free for DreamSpark when MS wake up), but that's a similar price to other platforms, and an application at $1-2 should sell more than 100 times, so what's there to lose? What we need is developers that are willing to perhaps make slightly less per sale, but get more sales instead, and encourage lower prices!

All this may well (and hopefully will) change over time, it is only a month old after all!

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Sprint just sent me a free tp2 to replace my deffective tp1. Love this phone, insurance ftw
It was stupid of me to not check the website that lets you know what phone they'd send you as a replacement before taking my Touch Pro off myaccount. I could've had two Touch Pro 2s for $360.

I didn't even try to get the mail in rebate on the TP2 I bought
ohwell.gif

At least I'm happy w/ the phone, even if the earpiece can be a little quiet at times.

Regarding the price of applications, are they comparing apples to apples? Do iPhone and Android OS users have an app' that's the equivalent ofSPB's Mobile Shell or Finance? Kinoma Play or CorePlayer?

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Sprint just sent me a free tp2 to replace my deffective tp1. Love this phone, insurance ftw
It was stupid of me to not check the website that lets you know what phone they'd send you as a replacement before taking my Touch Pro off my account. I could've had two Touch Pro 2s for $360.

I didn't even try to get the mail in rebate on the TP2 I bought
ohwell.gif

At least I'm happy w/ the phone, even if the earpiece can be a little quiet at times.

Regarding the price of applications, are they comparing apples to apples? Do iPhone and Android OS users have an app' that's the equivalent of SPB's Mobile Shell or Finance? Kinoma Play or CorePlayer?

Holden,

You mind sharing the website where you can check to see what phone they will send you?

Thanks.

Home -> Support -> Survey
Survey [table][tr][td]
logo2009.jpg

[/td] [td]

SPB Software is a leading brand in mobile software, and it is important for us to know our users: the way you use your device; your needs, preferences, expectations, and complaints. Your feedback will help us to make our current and future products better. The most interesting results of the survey will be published at the popular Mobile-related websites. So, by taking part in this survey you make the input to the whole mobile community.
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Three random SPB Survey participants will receive valuable "thank you" gifts from SPB Software.
  • Grand prix - a mobile device of winner's choice + $100 worth of our soft.
  • Prize #1 - a $100 worth of smartphone accessories of winner's choice from Smartphone Experts + a $100 worth of our software.
  • Prize #2 - $100 worth of SPB's soft.
Take the survey before 4[sup]th[/sup] of December 2009, to get into the drawing! [/td] [td]
Devices_survey_2.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]
Choose your language to take the survey from the list below:
[table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
The results and the list of winners of SPB Survey 2009 will be available at www.spbsoftware.com by December 17[sup]th[/sup], 2009.

All entries must be received by 8pm UTC, on the 4[sup]th[/sup] of December 2009. Entries received after this date will be considered ineligible.

* All winners will be contacted with details on how to claim their prizes before December 20[sup]th[/sup], 2009.

* The winners will be chosen randomly by SPB.

The personal information you present in the survey is confidential and will not be disclosed.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/support/survey.html

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

[h2]Developer Killed the Marketplace[/h2]
November 16th, 2009 | Author: l3v5y

The reason marketplaces like the iPhone App Store and the Android Market are so successful is the wealth of applications available at the sub $5 price point. We're all happy to go and buy something that costs less than a cup of coffee, but when programs cost more than $20 or sometimes even $30, it's a little extreme. Sure, there are some things I'd pay $30 for, but not that many, and only after I've tried the demo version.

This is hardly MS fault, but the developers fault. Most of the applications on the Windows Marketplace for Mobile are things previously developed for release elsewhere and then submitted at the same price they have been for years. There are very few new applications developed and released on Marketplace and no-where else. Things would improve if it were possible to have a "trial" version of software as part of the same submission, which would no-doubt save MS time with testing, and developers wouldn't have to send in multiple submissions.

One of the hurdles may be the $99 registration cost (which should be free for DreamSpark when MS wake up), but that's a similar price to other platforms, and an application at $1-2 should sell more than 100 times, so what's there to lose? What we need is developers that are willing to perhaps make slightly less per sale, but get more sales instead, and encourage lower prices!

All this may well (and hopefully will) change over time, it is only a month old after all!

I feel this. the App store is cheeks. There aren't any apps worth the purchase. It's +#*%!! up tho how Apple and Android get all the appsand BB and WinMo don't or they do at a later time
smh.gif
That's the only reason I would want an Android phone is for the Apps. After readin reviews,Android is just a less business version of WinMo, and that's coo and all but no point in switchin

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

how do i use the gps on my tp2????
or what do i download??????
im lost help me out nt
fml
Go to m.google.com/maps on your phone to download Google Maps orhere on your computer to text yourself a link. Menu >Use GPS

Go to http://m.bing.com/download/ to download a mobile version ofbing. I believe it's Menu > Track me using GPS

There are other programs that use GPS too. I've got one that tracks my walk/run, but I haven't used it yet.

I feel this. the App store is cheeks. There aren't any apps worth the purchase. It's +#*%!! up tho how Apple and Android get all the apps and BB and WinMo don't or they do at a later time
smh.gif
That's the only reason I would want an Android phone is for the Apps.
The difference is that the Windows Marketplace isn't the only site to get applications for your Windows Phone. What app do the iPhone andAndroid OS have that you can't get on your Windows Phone?

this "bump app" is only new and cool to US phone users. that capability comes stock on phones in asia, almost every phone in japan. yea i saidstock..

Finally got upgraded with the TP2 after having 3 different TP1's.. Been playing with different software,apps,tweaks, etc since last night..

[h1]Opera Mobile 10 Gets Introduced; Video Walk-Through[/h1]
File under: News

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 18-Nov-09 | 13 Comments

opera.jpg

Opera Software announced the availability of Opera Mobile 10 for Windows Mobile today, which according to the software firm, "elevates mobile browsing to a desktop-like experience, helping people to search, socialize and stay connected while on-the-go." The new version offers a more cohesive look between the various different versions of Opera software: Opera 10 on the desktop, Opera Mini 5, and now Opera Mobile 10.

Click on to see Brandon's video walk-through and decide for yourself the changes since Opera Mobile 9.7.

Opera lists some of the new features as:
1. Intuitive new interface - Opera has thrown out the clutter and is keeping it simple in terms of aesthetics. Less is more when it comes to mobile browsing.

2. Speed Dial - Speed Dial serves as your personal table of contents for the Web. Your favorite sites welcome you upon launching Opera, and in one click, you are there.

3. Tabbed browsing - Open new links in multiple tabs to bounce between sites easily.

4. Password manager - Save those annoying passwords with Opera's password manager, or if you are feeling vulnerable, simply and swiftly delete all.

5. Touchscreen or keypad navigation - Whether your Windows Mobile smartphone is touchscreen or keypad-based, Opera Mobile 10 beta is
customized for your navigation style.

6. Save images - Select and save your friends' Facebook pictures to your phone for offline viewing later.

7. Opera Turbo - Offload your page rendering to one of Opera's servers, and reduce your data costs.

8. Advanced compatibility - Since Opera Mobile 10 beta is based on Opera's browser for desktop computers, it maintains advanced Web-site compatibility and ensures that nearly any site is accessible from a mobile phone.

9. Smooth surfing - Pan, zoom and smoothly scroll your way through the Web.

10. It is free! - Opera Mobile 10 beta for Windows Mobile is available as a free download at m.opera.com/mobile/ on your phone.

Originally Posted by BattsLM

Finally got upgraded with the TP2 after having 3 different TP1's.. Been playing with different software,apps,tweaks, etc since last night..

what do you (and other TP2 owners) think about it after spending some time with it? I'm very interested in the tp2 (t-mobile).

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by BattsLM

what do you (and other TP2 owners) think about it after spending some time with it? I'm very interested in the tp2 (t-mobile).
It's still too early to say.. Still trying to get the phone how I want it.. Stay tuned..

Back
Top Bottom