OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

2qv6umh.jpg

heard its really warm but mad overrated and costly.
if he didn't rock it with that fit and just had it apart of normal gear it would be a fine piece tho..

btw you sure thats not moncler :nerd:

looked so quick didn't even realize, that's how bad his fit is

Damb, what is happening to my race?
Happened?  Seems pretty common for Philipinos here in VA.  They use to break dance after school, down one of the hallways back when I was in school years ago.  Seems like time hasn't ruined there fashion sense to bad, compared to other races.

Y'all so lucky living on the "Beast Coast", sometimes it's sad a kid like me living on this side of the world. Honestly I don't fit in, nobody gets my "catch phrases" I stil go to work like, "wtf you talking about" bumping Max B out the parking lot, I live in a sad realm where only radio controls how people feel. ughhhhhhhh that's probably why I try to contribute so much to show how my people are doing bc we are so bad. I feel so bad to be filipino, I'm pralli the only dude rocking fitteds in my city, sh-t is getting so bad everybody dressing like clones with the whole snapback/crewneck/any #'s jay's. Made me feel like not being myself and committing suicide. It's that baddddddddddddddd |I when will this end?!?!?!?!?

damn son, chill... you can't let what you don't like affect you like that yo...

i hear ya tho, i feel mad solo too, in my small @$% town... there might be 2 people i know who i relate to on sneakers and fashion, and not even really, just a tad lil' bit... i see a few heads around some times, but rarely (certainly nobody who's up on some real sneaker game).

i'd prolly rather live in a place where there's legit hypebeasts who at least pay attention to global fashion trends, than in a place where literally nobody has any style at all (there's still cats wearing affliction, ed hard-on, and tap-out here, LMAO, all of which i never thought was dope, and have always clowned)...

Last edited:
Riceboy, I feel you. I'm Mexican, but I have never worn Jordan Flight, rubber banded my pants, don't own a full dodgers/lakers fit, don't listen to corridos, tuck my pants behind tongues (even though this applies to the whole world) , purposely butcher my hair line to get a line up, etc, etc.

i hear ya tho, i feel mad solo too, in my small @$% town... there might be 2 people i know who i relate to on sneakers and fashion, and not even really, just a tad lil' bit... i see a few heads around some times, but rarely (certainly nobody who's up on some real sneaker game).

i'd prolly rather live in a place where there's legit hypebeasts who at least pay attention to global fashion trends, than in a place where literally nobody has any style at all (there's still cats wearing affliction, ed hard-on, and tap-out here, LMAO, all of which i never thought was dope, and have always clowned)...
roll.gif
I can't. You make it too easy.

Y'all so lucky living on the "Beast Coast", sometimes it's sad a kid like me living on this side of the world. Honestly I don't fit in, nobody gets my "catch phrases" I stil go to work like, "wtf you talking about" bumping Max B out the parking lot, I live in a sad realm where only radio controls how people feel. ughhhhhhhh that's probably why I try to contribute so much to show how my people are doing bc we are so bad. I feel so bad to be filipino, I'm pralli the only dude rocking fitteds in my city, sh-t is getting so bad everybody dressing like clones with the whole snapback/crewneck/any #'s jay's. Made me feel like not being myself and committing suicide. It's that baddddddddddddddd
tired.gif
when will this end?!?!?!?!?
feel like this all the time man

you don't have to be like everyone else just do you. no point in trying to be something you're not if you're not going to like it 

i dont really care about want people want me to do anymore so when peopel say stuff like "oh why don't you wear this/do that/why dont you cut your hair/why are you listening to that/listen to this." i like myself so i dont feel the need to change for other peoples acceptance

Last edited:
lil black jean jacket lil black jean jacket i get that lol. idk how old you are but just try to go to a big college out of state when you go. I'm from chi so we have heads of course but most the people I would relate to would be considered "hypebeasts". that's why I kinda don't blame them(at least here in chi). people here are ruled by radio/BET and all the dudes wanna do the chief keef look. so when I see a mf pyrex'd been trill'd out, as corny as they look I also have to think "well who else am I gonna talk to" lol. they just dress to show off what they're into, not taking originality into account cuz in their area maybe nobody else is dressing like that. I used to do the same thing in high school without realizing it cuz nobody was on s**t anyway. that's why I don't comment except the really bad pics cuz I'd probably get along with all these people, they just dress for the wrong reasons

Last edited:

There are places in the carolinas where if you wear FAKE js youre the man lol.

But the best thing about it is if youre in the know about whats poppin people think youre the one breakin new s*** out lol.

I think you have to look at all of this as a byproduct of the world getting smaller and more interconnected.

It's easier than ever to mimic. I went to college in the 90s (yikes!) and when you met people from just a few states away, often their world view and sense of style was totally different. There really wasn't all that much to allow a kid from NY to get a feel for what was poppin in Texas or something. The other way, it worked a little better because NY was always so out there - they knew I was either going to dress like Grand Puba or Mobb Deep. But, technology has made huge strides toward uniting the world as one community. So, important news travels fast, which is great. But, wack trends spread like wildfire and become a game of can you top this, which is terrible. ...You can't make an roomette without breaking some eggs.

Where I get salty about things is how the underlying culture has become entirely disassociated from the look. I'd rather kids wear this stuff that I find dumb than try to pose to hang on to an era they know nothing about. Like, I flipped my lid when I saw Chris Brown rocking a Snow Beach and skinny jeans. Ignoring the fact that the Rae is probably the most overrated RL item ever produced, there was a whole culture that had real meaning behind it that was associated with those kinds of pieces. If some soft suburban 15 year old used his mommy's credit card to buy some Pyrex, he's just looking like an idiot. I can laugh about that and go about enjoying my day. When these kids try to revive my culture and era, they are slapping history in the face, and then I get ornery.

Last edited:
Dudes want to commit suicide over what other people of their ethnicities are/aren't wearing? Wow. I couldn't care less about what other people are wearing.

Let them wear trash @#$%, it only makes you look better by comparison. No sane female is gonna let a guy wearing Pyrex shorts with skirts and leggings get at her

Last edited:
Global fashion trends :lol:

I'm done

how is that funny?

how is the "hypebeast" look not influenced by global fashion trends? from japan (bape, as a small example), to euro fashion, it's from all over.

and it's cuz of exactly what BIP just touched on, it's the internet, it's way easier to see what's poppin' around the world now, without it just coming from videos and magazines...

i swear, i don't know if you're serious here, and didn't get what i was sayin', or it's just another example of everybody on NT always trying to laugh at and son someone for something, all the time... :lol:

I think you have to look at all of this as a byproduct of the world getting smaller and more interconnected.

It's easier than ever to mimic. I went to college in the 90s (yikes!) and when you met people from just a few states away, often their world view and sense of style was totally different. There really wasn't all that much to allow a kid from NY to get a feel for what was poppin in Texas or something. The other way, it worked a little better because NY was always so out there - they knew I was either going to dress like Grand Puba or Mobb Deep. But, technology has made huge strides toward uniting the world as one community. So, important news travels fast, which is great. But, wack trends spread like wildfire and become a game of can you top this, which is terrible. ...You can't make an roomette without breaking some eggs.

Where I get salty about things is how the underlying culture has become entirely disassociated from the look. I'd rather kids wear this stuff that I find dumb than try to pose to hang on to an era they know nothing about. Like, I flipped my lid when I saw Chris Brown rocking a Snow Beach and skinny jeans. Ignoring the fact that the Rae is probably the most overrated RL item ever produced, there was a whole culture that had real meaning behind it that was associated with those kinds of pieces. If some soft suburban 15 year old used his mommy's credit card to buy some Pyrex, he's just looking like an idiot. I can laugh about that and go about enjoying my day. When these kids try to revive my culture and era, they are slapping history in the face, and then I get ornery.

i hear you, and i feel like it's dope how the internet has sorta brought the world together, keying people into what's poppin' in their area of the world, besides just videos and magazines... it's bound to have more of an influence now, but of course with that will come "wack" trends catching on too (it's all subjective what's "wack" tho)...

and i def see what you're sayin' about newjacks reviving styles from back in the day, but ya gotta also sorta see it as a compliment, a tribute, cuz some of that era's styles were timeless, and got new kids still feeling it, just putting their own twist on it. cuz they're not gonna do it exactly how y'all did it. i can def see where it's insulting too tho...

the only thing i kinda like about some of the new styles, are the futuristic parts of it. basketball shorts over tights is old, b-ball players been doing it for years (i see cats at my gym wearing that to pay ball or work out, and it has nothing to do with a trend or hype beast style, they're oblivious to that world), and grunge rockers in the early 90's made it a style long b4 some of these kids were even born. but i kinda dig SOME of the street goth stuff, the simpler elements of it, like some of the rick owens stuff, cuz it's looks like some of the clothes worn in samurai films, or star wars, and blade runner, and futuristic movies like that.

as i've said b4, if y'all are tripping on what's going on now (some of y'all could barely handle the transition from OD baggy to slimmed down jeans), y'all gonna be mega tripping over the next few years, cuz as we all become old, people gonna be wearing some WILD stuff between now and the next 50 years...

Dudes in skirts, Givenchy and Pyrex? Please show me
My girl and her sister work in the fashion industry out here in La and I've been to plenty of industry parties to witness first hand model types leave with dudes wearing dresses, dressed like cowboys, in full leather list goes on. Hood chicks are probably the only ones who'll think it's weird.

Back
Top Bottom