Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

kiendienn wrote:

retina display is a considerable upgrade in resolution, this doesn't include the consideration of a new processor

And you think for a regular user that they will care that much to shell out another 5-600 for the new ipad?

I work in the corporate world where everyone here has a decent amount of money and most are all down to pay for the iPad even though it might not be that much better then the old one. I still don't think the iPad is a general thing for teenagers and even college students but corporate America loves this damn thing. All the managers here that travel all have iPads and most just use it for watching movies on the airplane to checking their schedules with meetings. Regardless, the iPad 3 will sell like hot cakes.

^this.
also, most apple products regain a chunk of their value, so as many other NT'ers, I'm sure people are going to flip their old one for a 3 and pay the difference of 2 or 3 bills.

if you're already paying $600+, you might as well have the best, and the difference between retina and the current display is night and day

regardless, i'm getting my mom one and i know shes gonna love it

Another thing to keep in mind, iPads have great resale value. Case in point, I bought an iPad last year for 310 and I sold it on Sunday for 280. I bought an iPad 2 64GB WIFI for 450 last night. I'll be surprised if I won't be able to sell it for at least 350 next spring.

Also, app store for iPads is far better than any store. Temple Run isn't even on Android yet. That's ridiculous and I'm sure one could find many more examples.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Another thing to keep in mind, iPads have great resell value. Case in point, I bought an iPad last year for 310 and I sold it on Sunday for 280. I bought an iPad 2 64GB WIFI for 450 last night. I'll be surprised if I won't be able to sell it for at least 350 next spring.

Also, app store for iPads is far better than any store. Temple Run isn't even on Android yet. That's ridiculous and I'm sure one could find many more examples.

most devs are reluctant to work with android, there was an article listing why, but i forget all of the specifics
something along the lines of poor regulation and imcompatibilities

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by kiendienn

I work in the corporate world where everyone here has a decent amount of money and most are all down to pay for the iPad even though it might not be that much better then the old one. I still don't think the iPad is a general thing for teenagers and even college students but corporate America loves this damn thing. All the managers here that travel all have iPads and most just use it for watching movies on the airplane to checking their schedules with meetings. Regardless, the iPad 3 will sell like hot cakes.

^this.
also, most apple products regain a chunk of their value, so as many other NT'ers, I'm sure people are going to flip their old one for a 3 and pay the difference of 2 or 3 bills.

if you're already paying $600+, you might as well have the best, and the difference between retina and the current display is night and day

yea man, I work in the industry, and companies are throwing out work computers and replacing em with iPads. Dudes kill me with the Android stuff though, its not about the hardware. What good is hardware when the software is horrid. To say Windows vs OSX is debatable, to say iOS vs Android is a joke, half these cats customize their Android devices to look like iOS. 
I got a 15in MBP, and I just sold my iPad 2 for 350 and I already miss my tablet, primarily when I`m in bed laying down.

lol why i want this thing
i dont feel like bein on the mbp late at night, i be browsin on my cell phone in bed, hell even on NT sometimes

i been holdin off the ipad3, itll also be great for trips an when im away.

Just throwing out some announcement day rumors:

iPad 3 Will Be the First iOS Device with 1 GB of RAM
original.jpg

Sauce: http://gizmodo.com/589122...-device-with-1-gb-of-ram

Apple’s iPad HD may feature unbelievable new touchscreen tech
senseg-touch.jpg

Sauce: http://www.bgr.com/2012/0...ble-new-touchscreen-tech

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by kiendienn

^this.

yea man, I work in the industry, and companies are throwing out work computers and replacing em with iPads. Dudes kill me with the Android stuff though, its not about the hardware. What good is hardware when the software is horrid. To say Windows vs OSX is debatable, to say iOS vs Android is a joke, half these cats customize their Android devices to look like iOS. 
I got a 15in MBP, and I just sold my iPad 2 for 350 and I already miss my tablet, primarily when I`m in bed laying down.

IPads aren't meant to replace computers. And ascetics has nothing to do with performance. Yeah my Android looks like an iPhone I like the UI but hate the way iOS is set up. It'd be cool for iPads though because I want that simple since it's basically a toy

damn i know apple gonna kill it I dont get why people always have to doubt them..

if the touch screen air hockey %@#@ is true we around bout to see some crazy %@#@...

Besides ebay and craigslist, does anyone know of any stores that will sell the ipad 3 that don't charge ny sales tax?

Originally Posted by PoloRSport

Besides ebay and craigslist, does anyone know of any stores that will sell the ipad 3 that don't charge ny sales tax?
bruh if you dont cop first day retail you arent getting it anywhere unless you want to pay that reseller tax

there will be tons of these available if you pre order early whenever pre order starts I give it a few hours before they switch the backorder date

if you do pre order have it SHIPPED and DO NOT do store pick up. If you have it shipped to you it will be there the day it releases or even before (see the iphone 4 release)

From skimming thru this thread, it seems like the iPad3 will be a much easier cop than the 2. Took me FOREVER to find the 2 in the stores a few days after it dropped and I remember the madness about the lack of quantities of the 2 etc... Maybe Nike can learn a thing or two from this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

From skimming thru this thread, it seems like the iPad3 will be a much easier cop than the 2. Took me FOREVER to find the 2 in the stores a few days after it dropped and I remember the madness about the lack of quantities of the 2 etc... Maybe Nike can learn a thing or two from this
laugh.gif

It will be harder to cop than the 2....people at this point have no idea what the hell an iPad 3 all the things we are talking about is pure speculation we know some stuff because of "alleged" leaks like the screen and aesthetics differences but usually apple bundles new software with the release of a new device...we have no idea if siri is able to run on the ipad, we have not seen if there will be hd videos for the ipad, what kind of internals and other stuff that matters

People ALWAYS wait for the new Apple product

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

laugh.gif

It will be harder to cop than the 2....people at this point have no idea what the hell an iPad 3 all the things we are talking about is pure speculation we know some stuff because of "alleged" leaks like the screen and aesthetics differences but usually apple bundles new software with the release of a new device...we have no idea if siri is able to run on the ipad, we have not seen if there will be hd videos for the ipad, what kind of internals and other stuff that matters

Are they doing pre-orders like they did for the iPhone 4S?  That made the whole buy/pick-up/delivery SO easy for the consumer...no hassle at all. 

laugh.gif

Are they doing pre-orders like they did for the iPhone 4S?  That made the whole buy/pick-up/delivery SO easy for the consumer...no hassle at all. 
More than likely, the pre order system has been working would be foolish to do away with it.

More than likely, the pre order system has been working would be foolish to do away with it.

That makes sense.  The iPad2 release was a nightmare...I heard horror stories from people who had their iPad shipment delayed even with the pre-order.  Seems like they got everything right with the release of the iPhone 4S.  I'm not copping the iPad3 (content w. my 2), but I hope for the sake of the folks out there...Apple is organized and has a similar system in place like they did for the 4S. 

My body and $$ is ready. Just offloaded my OG iPad on fleabay--figured I better sell it before the announcement, as I'm sure prices will drop more once everyone rushes to sell theirs.

Looking forward to the new AppleTV too....time to ditch cable and rock with the aTV and a HD antenna.

Back
Top Bottom