Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

shatterkneesinc
and speaking of specs all companies do what you just mentioned but lets be real here, apple makes the best arm chips PERIOD. A quad core apple a6 will blow away the tegra 3 with ease.

O'really, tell me more about how samsung manufacture Apple processors, come on son lets be serious you know nothing about the A6 cause 1st nothing has been released about it not even benchmarks.
ipad_3_logic_board.jpg

please show me where it says A6
indifferent.gif
sit down till march 7th and you can come back and spill more bs about something you still don't know.

what does samsung manufacturing apple arms have anything to do with their technology. AMD, NVIDIA, ARM and a lot of other companies dont manufacture their own chips. 
 its called fabless design and outsourcing. all your favorite companies does that shh

i was answering dude's assertion that there will be a quad core arm in the ipad 3, and yea use that pic because it is 100% real. I trust apples track record way more than some "leaked" pic.

reading endgadget, cnet, gizmodo, ubergizmo, redmondpie 24/7 does not make u an engineer kid

This new iPad 3 will need to be a lot more powerful than my pad 2 in terms of speed for me to consider. And I don't see how much faster you can get. Retina display is cool though. We'll have to wait and see. Happy with how my pad2 performs.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

shatterkneesinc

and speaking of specs all companies do what you just mentioned but lets be real here, apple makes the best arm chips PERIOD. A quad core apple a6 will blow away the tegra 3 with ease.

O'really, tell me more about how samsung manufacture Apple processors, come on son lets be serious you know nothing about the A6 cause 1st nothing has been released about it not even benchmarks.

indifferent.gif
sit down till march 7th and you can come back and spill more bs about something you still don't know.

what does samsung manufacturing apple arms have anything to do with their technology. AMD, NVIDIA, ARM and a lot of other companies dont manufacture their own chips. 
 its called fabless design and outsourcing. all your favorite companies does that shh

i was answering dude's assertion that there will be a quad core arm in the ipad 3, and yea use that pic because it is 100% real. I trust apples track record way more than some "leaked" pic.

reading endgadget, cnet, gizmodo, ubergizmo, redmondpie 24/7 does not make u an engineer kid

Just Sit down. Your still talking BS.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

More interested in the TV.

I bet it will be similar to Sony's Google tv which was a major fail last year.If Droid had better apps I would choose them over the iPad.

Originally Posted by Patent2305

This new iPad 3 will need to be a lot more powerful than my pad 2 in terms of speed for me to consider. And I don't see how much faster you can get. Retina display is cool though. We'll have to wait and see. Happy with how my pad2 performs.
This is what I've been thinking over the past couple days and especially after talking with one of the managers at my gig.  Normally I would just at the chance to upgrade, but I'm more interested in the next iPhone iteration than I am the iPad.  I'll wait till people start unloading iPad 3s on CL in about a month or so.

indifferent.gif

i am right, you dont even know anything about how technology works 
you are mad cause i educated u. and I am not an apple fanboy by any means. Numbers are numbers

look at benchmarks, tegra 3 barely beats the A5 in overall performance and in games A5 wins easily. A5X or A6 or whatever, it will be faster and better than anything nvidia, samsung, texas instrument qualcomm comes up with. And dont sit there pretending you dont expect a quad core from apple, f outa here

class dismissed

indifferent.gif

i am right, you dont even know anything about how technology works 
you are mad cause i educated u. and I am not an apple fanboy by any means. Numbers are numbers

look at benchmarks, tegra 3 barely beats the A5 in overall performance and in games A5 wins easily. A5X or A6 or whatever, it will be faster and better than anything nvidia, samsung, texas instrument qualcomm comes up with. And dont sit there pretending you dont expect a quad core from apple, f outa here

class dismissed

Yes, you educated me with with your poor grammar. Your simply talking BS, your not showing me anything. Where is the proof that the A5 is faster than all these chips you talk about? Please show me? I want to be educated by an illiterate. Big difference between talking BS and showing facts.

I don't know no nothing about technology....
v4w26h.gif

No.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

How tough was it to get one at release last yr?

You should preorder it online. AVOID AVOID AVOID the apple store they are HORRIBLE at handling releases. Think of it like a shoe release except they let like 10 people in an hour. If you get online early like as soon as it drops you should be good they are selling MILLIONS so they wont sell out super fast.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

You should preorder it online. AVOID AVOID AVOID the apple store they are HORRIBLE at handling releases. Think of it like a shoe release except they let like 10 people in an hour. If you get online early like as soon as it drops you should be good they are selling MILLIONS so they wont sell out super fast.
lol apple site aint gonna crash like Nike is it? I planned on preordering but I don't wanna go through the hassle of site crashing, and I`m not going to a store to camp out.

lol apple site aint gonna crash like Nike is it? I planned on preordering but I don't wanna go through the hassle of site crashing, and I`m not going to a store to camp out.
Apple.com has crashed on releases before. I went to BestBuy last yr for the iPad 2. Got their at 3, and they handed out pieces of paper guaranteeing you one for 24hrs. Went back after class and got it with ease. If the iPad 3 is a huge upgrade, I may buy, but if not, I'll be content with my jailbroken iPad 2.

Do you think the app sizes are going to be much larger due to the retina display? Debating whether to get the 32 or 64gb.

apples site isnt going to crash and even if they do it wont stop you from pre ordering there are MILLIONS of these going to be released and apple store will have the largest stock. Ive pre ordered the 3gs and the 4 with out ANY problems and I have NEVER got anything from ndc on release day

It's not about specs, it's about user experience. I've bought Android devices and even though their specs are always the latest and greatest, their user experience sucks.

i have a 15 MBP early 2011with 8bg of ram and a iPhone 4s and a iPod nano... would it be dumb for me to buy a iPad 3?

if i wanted to sell my MBP how much should i sell it for?

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

i have a 15 MBP early 2011with 8bg of ram and a iPhone 4s and a iPod nano... would it be dumb for me to buy a iPad 3?

i dont see the need to buy an ipad IMO your in my situation. i like the ipad and want one but dont need it. already got a macbook and iphone 4. the ipad would rarely get used.

macbook>>>>>>>>>>>>ipad

this will be my first tablet as well. i didn't track the first two ipad releases. when do these usually go on presale? the day of the announcement?

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i dont see the need to buy an ipad IMO your in my situation. i like the ipad and want one but dont need it. already got a macbook and iphone 4. the ipad would rarely get used.

macbook>>>>>>>>>>>>ipad

As much as I like my ipad I think an Air would be more practical for me.  Can't wait to hear if the airs are getting upgraded this year.

Just sold my 64gig iPad2 for $650 definitely getting this one. Last year I got the two with ease from Best Buy.

Might get two, one to flip like the Asian hustlers were doing last year.

macbook>>>>>>>>>>>>ipad
yea but the thing is when I'm out and about doing my errands i sometimes never have my macbook on me and if i did i don't have internet.... so if i had the iPad with me with 3g than i wouldn't mind carrying that around with me.. but then that would defeat the purpose of my iPhone 
ohwell.gif

macbook>>>>>>>>>>>>ipad
yea but the thing is when I'm out and about doing my errands i sometimes never have my macbook on me and if i did i don't have internet.... so if i had the iPad with me with 3g than i wouldn't mind carrying that around with me.. but then that would defeat the purpose of my iPhone 
ohwell.gif

What you do is get rid of your MacBook and get an iMac. Then youll have the iMac for serious work at the desk, iPad for portable/Internet/email, iPhone for on the go. That's what I use at least, and it works out perfectly.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

macbook>>>>>>>>>>>>ipad
ohwell.gif

What you do is get rid of your MacBook and get an iMac. Then youll have the iMac for serious work at the desk, iPad for portable/Internet/email, iPhone for on the go. That's what I use at least, and it works out perfectly.
than how much should i sell my MBP?

Was it a base 15 or high end? No idea what the going price is but probably 1200 or so..

Back
Top Bottom