Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

I just got xbmc working just fine on my ipad2, i decided to change the theme to neon.

This is where the trouble starts

The live RSS feed moves fine at the top of the screen, I am unable to use any other features, not sure if this was a theme that was for remote control only use or what, but nothing on the home screen works, no matter what or how I touch it.

My question is, how can I just get back the default skin?

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and every time xbmc is opended, neon is still enabled and I can't use the application at all. I have tried putting the remote on my iphone to try and control the ipad version of XBMC, that did not work for me either, i was told it could not locate the server. I have tried putting xbmc firmware 9 on and even downgrading to 7, they are both in cydia.

how can i fix?
*fixed*

next question

anyway to enable airplay to stream this stuff to apple tv?

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Is there a free app on itune-s that will allow me to watch avi files (movies) decently on my ipad? If I find this I dont need to jailbreak at all.

look around

vlc was only yanked because it didnt meet gpl rules there are alternatives out there in the app store.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Is there a free app on itune-s that will allow me to watch avi files (movies) decently on my ipad? If I find this I dont need to jailbreak at all.

look around

vlc was only yanked because it didnt meet gpl rules there are alternatives out there in the app store.

Finally got XBMC going.. have to downgrade to 10.0-7 tho.. i cant seemed to scroll that newer version properly cant even access to "system" SMH

So, the only problem i have is when scrolling down to find movies.. im always stuck on the first page of movies.. swiping down for the last 30 mins is a bit frustrating on my part
laugh.gif

Anyone can help?
* Nevermind ..found it 
grin.gif

Finally got XBMC going.. have to downgrade to 10.0-7 tho.. i cant seemed to scroll that newer version properly cant even access to "system" SMH

So, the only problem i have is when scrolling down to find movies.. im always stuck on the first page of movies.. swiping down for the last 30 mins is a bit frustrating on my part
laugh.gif

Anyone can help?
* Nevermind ..found it 
grin.gif

stillmaticshay wrote:
next question

I don't know because I don't have Apple TV but why not just jailbreak your Apple TV for XBMC and use the iPhone or iPad as the remote in the meantime if you haven't already

stillmaticshay wrote:
next question

I don't know because I don't have Apple TV but why not just jailbreak your Apple TV for XBMC and use the iPhone or iPad as the remote in the meantime if you haven't already

smh it took me 3 hrs to figure out that windows 7 and ipad 2 are not compatible. I had to use my parents computer which is xp

smh it took me 3 hrs to figure out that windows 7 and ipad 2 are not compatible. I had to use my parents computer which is xp

I'm just curious.. where do i download an updated icefilms zip file? or does it automatically update on XBMC (ipad)

I'm just curious.. where do i download an updated icefilms zip file? or does it automatically update on XBMC (ipad)

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Has anyone bought AppleCare for their iPad? You guys think it's worth it?
Haven't bought it, but the 1-year warranty should suffice.

Chances are you'll sell your current gen when the next gen releases the next year anyhow.

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Has anyone bought AppleCare for their iPad? You guys think it's worth it?
Haven't bought it, but the 1-year warranty should suffice.

Chances are you'll sell your current gen when the next gen releases the next year anyhow.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Can you get the Rosetta Stone app free on your iPad if it's jailbroken with the language packs?
No, I don't think so. In order to access the app you have to be an actual rosetta stone customer/member already... I just tried searching for it on cydia just to double check with no luck.
Also, to the guy that originally brought up the xbmc app, first off, THANKS! Secondly, You mentioned that you always select "remind me later" when prompted to install the update but if you choose "install", it adds all of the movie artwork, plot summary, etc. so it's kind of nice. I added it on my Apple tv but decided against it on my ipad since it takes a little longer to load the pages with the artwork.

As of now there's no way to airplay xbmc to the apple tv to my knowledge (the air video enabler app was the only possibility but doesnt work due to xbmc's custom media player) but I'd strongly suggest jailbreaking the apple tv (using seasonpass) and just using your ipad as a remote, as someone else suggested. The set up is quick and easy 

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Can you get the Rosetta Stone app free on your iPad if it's jailbroken with the language packs?
No, I don't think so. In order to access the app you have to be an actual rosetta stone customer/member already... I just tried searching for it on cydia just to double check with no luck.
Also, to the guy that originally brought up the xbmc app, first off, THANKS! Secondly, You mentioned that you always select "remind me later" when prompted to install the update but if you choose "install", it adds all of the movie artwork, plot summary, etc. so it's kind of nice. I added it on my Apple tv but decided against it on my ipad since it takes a little longer to load the pages with the artwork.

As of now there's no way to airplay xbmc to the apple tv to my knowledge (the air video enabler app was the only possibility but doesnt work due to xbmc's custom media player) but I'd strongly suggest jailbreaking the apple tv (using seasonpass) and just using your ipad as a remote, as someone else suggested. The set up is quick and easy 

Back
Top Bottom