Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by furiousstylezz

Skype for iPad is back up. It was in the App Store last night, pulled off the App Store, and back on. Cant use it though since I finally did the jailbreak for the iPad, and it says it wont work on jailbroken devices. (not exact words.)
My ipad is jailbroken and Skype works for me, TWC in the other hand.
photo.JPG
mail

$++*#%!@.
indifferent.gif
. If you haven't updated the app then DON'T DO IT
halftime, there is a repository in cydia that allows you to go on the time warner app. tried it out after i did the jailbreak this morning. the time warner app takes a little longer than normal to load up but it works. its called FakeTimeWarner.

im not sure if this is allowed but a good site to go to is ijailbreak.com.

will try skype in a minute to see if it works.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by furiousstylezz

Skype for iPad is back up. It was in the App Store last night, pulled off the App Store, and back on. Cant use it though since I finally did the jailbreak for the iPad, and it says it wont work on jailbroken devices. (not exact words.)
My ipad is jailbroken and Skype works for me, TWC in the other hand.
photo.JPG
mail

$++*#%!@.
indifferent.gif
. If you haven't updated the app then DON'T DO IT
halftime, there is a repository in cydia that allows you to go on the time warner app. tried it out after i did the jailbreak this morning. the time warner app takes a little longer than normal to load up but it works. its called FakeTimeWarner.

im not sure if this is allowed but a good site to go to is ijailbreak.com.

will try skype in a minute to see if it works.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Has anyone bought AppleCare for their iPad? You guys think it's worth it?
Haven't bought it, but the 1-year warranty should suffice.

Chances are you'll sell your current gen when the next gen releases the next year anyhow.

That's true. Skype for iPad.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Has anyone bought AppleCare for their iPad? You guys think it's worth it?
Haven't bought it, but the 1-year warranty should suffice.

Chances are you'll sell your current gen when the next gen releases the next year anyhow.

That's true. Skype for iPad.
pimp.gif

hey guys, so I'm hopefully picking up the iPad 2 tomorrow if my local Target has it, I've checked through a lot of this thread but it seems like its mainly about jailbreaking it, but what kind of case is everybody using? And will i need to get a screen protector or is that unnecessary? any help is appreciated!

hey guys, so I'm hopefully picking up the iPad 2 tomorrow if my local Target has it, I've checked through a lot of this thread but it seems like its mainly about jailbreaking it, but what kind of case is everybody using? And will i need to get a screen protector or is that unnecessary? any help is appreciated!

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

I'm using an hp netbook sleeve. No screen protector.

Truthfully, I keep my iPad 2 naked (with smart cover) - it just feels so good in hand.

Scratches happen. Apple made this thing tough as nails.

I'm using an hp netbook sleeve. No screen protector.

Truthfully, I keep my iPad 2 naked (with smart cover) - it just feels so good in hand.

Scratches happen. Apple made this thing tough as nails.

I just copped this case. Waiting for it in the mail now.http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/CL57793There's a general version that's cheaper but I wanted Rostarr's work on my iPad.
pimp.gif
I don't use a screen protector. I find it unnecessary.

I just copped this case. Waiting for it in the mail now.http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/CL57793There's a general version that's cheaper but I wanted Rostarr's work on my iPad.
pimp.gif
I don't use a screen protector. I find it unnecessary.

I use a smart cover with a belkin snap case for the back and it's perfect in my opinion. The belkin case is really thin so the ipad still feels slim and fits in my hands well and I pretty much only use the smart cover for a stand when I'm typing or viewing something. I think all screen protectors are pretty useless when it comes to apple devices. The screens are incredibly strong and seemingly scratchproof. The plastic film type covers do however reduce the amount of finger prints on the screen though. All in all, I think the combo of a smart cover and the belkin case  (or any like it, check out the incipo smart feather too) is all you need. My only complaint with the smart cover is the fact that it leaves vertical smudge lines on my screen where the creases are but those wipe off easily. Also, if youre interested in an all in one case, griffin released their intellicase (I think thats what it's called) not too long ago, which is essentially a apple's smart cover connected to a plastic back cover. I think it's $50, cheaper than my combo.

I use a smart cover with a belkin snap case for the back and it's perfect in my opinion. The belkin case is really thin so the ipad still feels slim and fits in my hands well and I pretty much only use the smart cover for a stand when I'm typing or viewing something. I think all screen protectors are pretty useless when it comes to apple devices. The screens are incredibly strong and seemingly scratchproof. The plastic film type covers do however reduce the amount of finger prints on the screen though. All in all, I think the combo of a smart cover and the belkin case  (or any like it, check out the incipo smart feather too) is all you need. My only complaint with the smart cover is the fact that it leaves vertical smudge lines on my screen where the creases are but those wipe off easily. Also, if youre interested in an all in one case, griffin released their intellicase (I think thats what it's called) not too long ago, which is essentially a apple's smart cover connected to a plastic back cover. I think it's $50, cheaper than my combo.

Back
Top Bottom