Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I'm sorry, but...
Just because they chose HTC as the best manufacturers doesnt mean it makes sense.

roll.gif
That has GOT to be the most idiotic thing you've ever said...
laugh.gif
I actually can't believe you said that...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Did you even read my reasoning behind that statement. I was saying if MWC voted the iPhone 4 as the BEST SMARTPHONE of the year and it is their ONLY phone available how can they not be the best manufacturer. But you guys will read whatever you want to read. 

I'm sorry, but...
Just because they chose HTC as the best manufacturers doesnt mean it makes sense.

roll.gif
That has GOT to be the most idiotic thing you've ever said...
laugh.gif
I actually can't believe you said that...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Did you even read my reasoning behind that statement. I was saying if MWC voted the iPhone 4 as the BEST SMARTPHONE of the year and it is their ONLY phone available how can they not be the best manufacturer. But you guys will read whatever you want to read. 

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

While all those other companies may have done it first Apple is the only one to successfully integrate all of those features into one device and have a pleasurable experience for the user.

That would be the N95.
Why are you trying to discredit the success of the iPhone? You keep trying to play the "___ did it first" if ____ did it so good why arent they as successful as apple? Its not like its just consumers who are rating apple products better people in the industry feel the same way. 

You don't think Nokia is as successful as Apple? Nokia is the largest cell phone manufacturer in the World.
I'm not discrediting the iPhone, but people are making it seem like Apple is the first to do everything.

Not even their current CEO believes they are currently as successful as Apple. 
Of the iPhone's entry into the market, he wrote:
In 2008, Apple's market share in the $300+ price range was 25 percent; by 2010 it escalated to 61 percent. They are enjoying a tremendous growth trajectory with a 78 percent earnings growth year over year in Q4 2010. Apple demonstrated that if designed well, consumers would buy a high-priced phone with a great experience and developers would build applications. They changed the game, and today, Apple owns the high-end range.
Elop acknowledges that even though the original iPhone launched in 2007, Nokia does not yet have a product that is close to that experience. While they have been working to innovate, they fell behind and missed big trends.
The battle of devices has now become a war of ecosystems, where ecosystems include not only the hardware and software of the device, but developers, applications, ecommerce, advertising, search, social applications, location-based services, unified communications and many other things. Our competitors aren't taking our market share with devices; they are taking our market share with an entire ecosystem. This means we're going to have to decide

While all those other companies may have done it first Apple is the only one to successfully integrate all of those features into one device and have a pleasurable experience for the user.

That would be the N95.
Why are you trying to discredit the success of the iPhone? You keep trying to play the "___ did it first" if ____ did it so good why arent they as successful as apple? Its not like its just consumers who are rating apple products better people in the industry feel the same way. 

You don't think Nokia is as successful as Apple? Nokia is the largest cell phone manufacturer in the World.
I'm not discrediting the iPhone, but people are making it seem like Apple is the first to do everything.

In 2008, Apple's market share in the $300+ price range was 25 percent; by 2010 it escalated to 61 percent. They are enjoying a tremendous growth trajectory with a 78 percent earnings growth year over year in Q4 2010. Apple demonstrated that if designed well, consumers would buy a high-priced phone with a great experience and developers would build applications. They changed the game, and today, Apple owns the high-end range.
Elop acknowledges that even though the original iPhone launched in 2007, Nokia does not yet have a product that is close to that experience. While they have been working to innovate, they fell behind and missed big trends.
The battle of devices has now become a war of ecosystems, where ecosystems include not only the hardware and software of the device, but developers, applications, ecommerce, advertising, search, social applications, location-based services, unified communications and many other things. Our competitors aren't taking our market share with devices; they are taking our market share with an entire ecosystem. This means we're going to have to decide

yeah, Apple is FAR from being the FIRST to invent the technology, but what they do is become the first to adopt it and make it available on a mainstream consumer level and market it as such. So to a lot of people who are not tech savy, Apple is 'the first' in a lot of cases. And sometimes being first doesn't mean the first to bring it to the market, but first to make it popular. Its like style, dudes be saying 'oh I was wearing so and so before Kanye even put that on...' but Kanye made ____ famous. And of course Apple didn't invent a touchscreen phone or tablet, but they were the ones that made it the standard and must have device. Thats the strength that Apple has on a consumer level. Its not like Apple just took a sidekick or nokia or hp, made a clone with no improvements and just started making bank. If that was the case, i'd understand all the hate Apple gets on here. Just accept Apple for what they do, and they do it quite well.

yeah, Apple is FAR from being the FIRST to invent the technology, but what they do is become the first to adopt it and make it available on a mainstream consumer level and market it as such. So to a lot of people who are not tech savy, Apple is 'the first' in a lot of cases. And sometimes being first doesn't mean the first to bring it to the market, but first to make it popular. Its like style, dudes be saying 'oh I was wearing so and so before Kanye even put that on...' but Kanye made ____ famous. And of course Apple didn't invent a touchscreen phone or tablet, but they were the ones that made it the standard and must have device. Thats the strength that Apple has on a consumer level. Its not like Apple just took a sidekick or nokia or hp, made a clone with no improvements and just started making bank. If that was the case, i'd understand all the hate Apple gets on here. Just accept Apple for what they do, and they do it quite well.

apples profits margins > these companies

but the company's profits is none of my concern

nokia is actually a terribly managed company

i have the n900 which i still use, love it but the outlook is not looking good at all. they basically went all in with the wp7 deal

and back to the point
xoom > ipad2

apples profits margins > these companies

but the company's profits is none of my concern

nokia is actually a terribly managed company

i have the n900 which i still use, love it but the outlook is not looking good at all. they basically went all in with the wp7 deal

and back to the point
xoom > ipad2

That would be the N95.

Yet, they're still the largest phone manufacturer in the World.

That would be the N95.

That would be the N95.

Are you really trying to say Nokia is doing perfectly fine? Have you paid attention to any news concerning them in the last month?

That would be the N95.

Are you really trying to say Nokia is doing perfectly fine? Have you paid attention to any news concerning them in the last month?

[h4]Apple removes MobileMe from online store, discontinues retail boxes[/h4]
By Donald Melanson posted Feb 24th 2011 4:49PM

Need a bit more evidence that there's some big changes coming to MobileMe? Then you don't need to look much further than Apple's own stores, both online and off. The company has apparently now discontinued the boxed version of the software it sells at retail, and it seems that all traces of MobileMe have also been removed from Apple's online store, though you are still able to sign up for a free trial through the MobileMe website. Apple Insider further reports that both single user and family packs of MobileMe have been declared "end of life" by Apple, and that the service will undergo some scheduled maintenance tonight that may leave its web-based applications inaccessible for half an hour.
Rumors are indicating MobileMe be free...

[h4]Apple removes MobileMe from online store, discontinues retail boxes[/h4]
By Donald Melanson posted Feb 24th 2011 4:49PM

Need a bit more evidence that there's some big changes coming to MobileMe? Then you don't need to look much further than Apple's own stores, both online and off. The company has apparently now discontinued the boxed version of the software it sells at retail, and it seems that all traces of MobileMe have also been removed from Apple's online store, though you are still able to sign up for a free trial through the MobileMe website. Apple Insider further reports that both single user and family packs of MobileMe have been declared "end of life" by Apple, and that the service will undergo some scheduled maintenance tonight that may leave its web-based applications inaccessible for half an hour.
Rumors are indicating MobileMe be free...

Dude is the ultimate fanboy
laugh.gif
all I gotta say is, if the Ipad2 can't record in 3D or HD then yall should just chalk it and it the G-Slate. At least u know u won't have to wait until next year for some small yet significant change

Dude is the ultimate fanboy
laugh.gif
all I gotta say is, if the Ipad2 can't record in 3D or HD then yall should just chalk it and it the G-Slate. At least u know u won't have to wait until next year for some small yet significant change

I think there is general disdain and warranted "hate" because this sort of media event/announcement is a bit unheard of before Apple started it (and where are the others doing their big event announcements?). Fans of Apple generally need the world to know about the product they apparently like for themselves. Whereas other companies just have a press release and BOOM! the item is in stores and reviews are out and thats that.. Apple defines the word "hype" to a t. and I feel the "hate" Apple receives is all but warranted.

If there is no Announcement making the world known that you will now own the greatest phone EVER, some of these people would flock to other products. They have the marketing game on lock down.

I think there is general disdain and warranted "hate" because this sort of media event/announcement is a bit unheard of before Apple started it (and where are the others doing their big event announcements?). Fans of Apple generally need the world to know about the product they apparently like for themselves. Whereas other companies just have a press release and BOOM! the item is in stores and reviews are out and thats that.. Apple defines the word "hype" to a t. and I feel the "hate" Apple receives is all but warranted.

If there is no Announcement making the world known that you will now own the greatest phone EVER, some of these people would flock to other products. They have the marketing game on lock down.

Back
Top Bottom