Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

What exactly did Apple innovate?
The first full touchscreen phone? LG
Video calling? Nokia
Full HTML web browser? Sidekick
App Store? Sidekick
MP3 player? Sony Ericsson
HD? Samsung

Video calling? Nokia
App Store? Sidekick
HD? Samsung

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

How can verizon release a phone? They are a service provider you made it seem like verizon forced moto to come out with the phones. The choice that user gets in choosing hardware simply leads into fragmentation. Why do you think osx is so successful? People are willing to sacrifice a chose in hardware for a better experience. The more variants of devices on a platform the more complex it is to develop.And really are you that much a control freak where you care about hardware selection like seriously software selection is more important than hardware selection. You make it seem as if apple devices are outdated and weak when they are released. You seem that you are too stuburn for your own good.If iPhone was really so bad and iOS was such a bad platform how did it win the Mwc conference award for best smartphone? A conference which features mostly android devices and 0 support from apple.
1. Personal preference, same thing can be said about Android users.
2. Are you talking from personal experience? I didn't know you had a key development in Android. How's 3.0 SDK working for you? v8 Javascript is a beast huh
wink.gif

3. Every device is outdated after 6 months. As an iPhone users still, I think I know what I'm talking about.

4. When did I say iPhone was such a bad OS? I've had an iPhone for 3 years, I use to develop for it. Go fall off a cliff kid 
laugh.gif

Far as MWC 2011, yes, the iPhone 4 won, here is what the judges sum up,

Great screen, sharp design, fantastic materials, and phenomenal ecosystem for app developers. In a tight race, the iPhone 4 built on the success of its predecessors to set the pace for smart phones.

So it won the beauty contest? No surprise, it's a great looking, if not the best looking phone on the market. With the best smartphone, I'm sure Apple lock up the manufacturer of the year award too, right? Wrong.
HTC : best manufacturer of the year

Ouch, what happen there? Also just food for thought, the iPhone 4 barely beat the HTC Desire, hints why the judges said "in a tight race". Here is what the judges said about HTC and the Desire.

Judges Comment: This company has built its market presence from nowhere, with fresh branding and marketing and a strong portfolio of devices across many platforms. In particular, it has proven an exceptionally popular and enduring phone manufacturer. With great communication and good customer service, this is a well-deserved award. Highly Commended: The HTC Desire set the bar for Android phones across much of the world in 2010. Packed with great features, this is an enduring product that has performed consistently well.

U can say what u want (and I'm not an apple fan boy at all, in fact i literally don't own any apple products currently except a 2nd gen ipod touch that I NEVER use) but apple changed the game with the iPhone. I dare to say that most phone companies would even admit that the iPhone is literally the benchmark for most smartphones.

While all those other companies may have done it first Apple is the only one to successfully integrate all of those features into one device and have a pleasurable experience for the user. Come on bruhs I have seen individuals in their 50s and 60s with iPhones because they are literally that easy to just pick up and use... The same could not be said for many other smartphones during that era (and possibly even this Era). I personally use the EVO and I doubt for an instant my mother would ever want to use swype. Hell I even hate swype and while u can just type the keyboard has been shifted ever so much due to the updates that it makes it more of an annoyance

And for those of u that bring up rooting in this discussion just know that no one over the age of 45 (and that is a stretch) is interested in rooting their phone. I'm 22 and even I'm a bit too lazy to do roots and stuff. While the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touches may no longer be as innovative they do have that ease which is nice and best of all they work!

U can say what u want (and I'm not an apple fan boy at all, in fact i literally don't own any apple products currently except a 2nd gen ipod touch that I NEVER use) but apple changed the game with the iPhone. I dare to say that most phone companies would even admit that the iPhone is literally the benchmark for most smartphones.

While all those other companies may have done it first Apple is the only one to successfully integrate all of those features into one device and have a pleasurable experience for the user. Come on bruhs I have seen individuals in their 50s and 60s with iPhones because they are literally that easy to just pick up and use... The same could not be said for many other smartphones during that era (and possibly even this Era). I personally use the EVO and I doubt for an instant my mother would ever want to use swype. Hell I even hate swype and while u can just type the keyboard has been shifted ever so much due to the updates that it makes it more of an annoyance

And for those of u that bring up rooting in this discussion just know that no one over the age of 45 (and that is a stretch) is interested in rooting their phone. I'm 22 and even I'm a bit too lazy to do roots and stuff. While the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touches may no longer be as innovative they do have that ease which is nice and best of all they work!

How can verizon release a phone? They are a service provider you made it seem like verizon forced moto to come out with the phones. The choice that user gets in choosing hardware simply leads into fragmentation. Why do you think osx is so successful? People are willing to sacrifice a chose in hardware for a better experience. The more variants of devices on a platform the more complex it is to develop.And really are you that much a control freak where you care about hardware selection like seriously software selection is more important than hardware selection. You make it seem as if apple devices are outdated and weak when they are released. You seem that you are too stuburn for your own good.If iPhone was really so bad and iOS was such a bad platform how did it win the Mwc conference award for best smartphone? A conference which features mostly android devices and 0 support from apple.
2. Are you talking from personal experience? I didn't know you had a key development in Android. How's 3.0 SDK working for you? v8 Javascript is a beast huh
wink.gif

3. Every device is outdated after 6 months. As an iPhone users still, I think I know what I'm talking about.

4. When did I say iPhone was such a bad OS? I've had an iPhone for 3 years, I use to develop for it. Go fall off a cliff kid 
laugh.gif

Far as MWC 2011, yes, the iPhone 4 won, here is what the judges sum up,

Great screen, sharp design, fantastic materials, and phenomenal ecosystem for app developers. In a tight race, the iPhone 4 built on the success of its predecessors to set the pace for smart phones.

So it won the beauty contest? No surprise, it's a great looking, if not the best looking phone on the market. With the best smartphone, I'm sure Apple lock up the manufacturer of the year award too, right? Wrong.
HTC : best manufacturer of the year

Ouch, what happen there? Also just food for thought, the iPhone 4 barely beat the HTC Desire, hints why the judges said "in a tight race". Here is what the judges said about HTC and the Desire.

Judges Comment: This company has built its market presence from nowhere, with fresh branding and marketing and a strong portfolio of devices across many platforms. In particular, it has proven an exceptionally popular and enduring phone manufacturer. With great communication and good customer service, this is a well-deserved award. Highly Commended: The HTC Desire set the bar for Android phones across much of the world in 2010. Packed with great features, this is an enduring product that has performed consistently well.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Video calling? Nokia
App Store? Sidekick
HD? Samsung
Sidekick had full html? How is that possible when sidekick data had to run through dangers servers to be formatted to view properly on sidekick if i am not mistaken. To innovate you don't have to be the first you have to be the BEST.

Video calling? Nokia
App Store? Sidekick
HD? Samsung
Sidekick had full html? How is that possible when sidekick data had to run through dangers servers to be formatted to view properly on sidekick if i am not mistaken. To innovate you don't have to be the first you have to be the BEST.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I`m fine with my iPad I can wait it out till the 3

Same here.
And it we don't see substantial upgrades/ new features, I'm switching to an android tablet

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I`m fine with my iPad I can wait it out till the 3

Same here.
And it we don't see substantial upgrades/ new features, I'm switching to an android tablet

Originally Posted by kidUFC

%!#% apple..

i will never eeevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver get an apple product.

and why is that?

i just dont believe the hype.. so many people here and some of my fam are apple pawns.. they buy anything apple throw out. ipad? a big iphone.. im straight i would rather get the hp tablet.
even if i get it for free apple products i wouldnt keep it, ill just flip it and make cash.

yup.. im a hater. but i aint even mad at them for making bank.

%!#% apple..

and why is that?

i just dont believe the hype.. so many people here and some of my fam are apple pawns.. they buy anything apple throw out. ipad? a big iphone.. im straight i would rather get the hp tablet.
even if i get it for free apple products i wouldnt keep it, ill just flip it and make cash.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

wink.gif

laugh.gif

2. Personal experience you ever use something called logic? How can developing for 3 different types of devices be easier than one? This is why Java is so inefficient compared to other programming languages. Its ability to run on every type of major platform takes away from raw power. Take a programming class and maybe youd understand some form of development logic.

3. How can something be outdated when it is the leader of its platform. The only thing that can outdate an iPhone is the next iPhone. But I pose this interesting question since you want play the specs game, which piece of Android software out there is even making use of the higher specs on the phones?

And cmon

You disregarded half of their reasoning why choosing the iPhone your a joke. How do you literally disregard the second sentence and the MOST important reason why it won. Do you really think it won because it looks pretty cmon be serious with yourself its right in the sentence.

And again you fail to use your logic. Just because they chose HTC as the best manufacturers doesnt mean it makes sense. If Apple makes ONE phone and that SAME phone wins SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR how can they not be the best manufacturers of the year. 100% of their phones are rated the best. Stop reading what YOU want to see and use sense.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

wink.gif

laugh.gif

2. Personal experience you ever use something called logic? How can developing for 3 different types of devices be easier than one? This is why Java is so inefficient compared to other programming languages. Its ability to run on every type of major platform takes away from raw power. Take a programming class and maybe youd understand some form of development logic.

3. How can something be outdated when it is the leader of its platform. The only thing that can outdate an iPhone is the next iPhone. But I pose this interesting question since you want play the specs game, which piece of Android software out there is even making use of the higher specs on the phones?

And cmon

You disregarded half of their reasoning why choosing the iPhone your a joke. How do you literally disregard the second sentence and the MOST important reason why it won. Do you really think it won because it looks pretty cmon be serious with yourself its right in the sentence.

And again you fail to use your logic. Just because they chose HTC as the best manufacturers doesnt mean it makes sense. If Apple makes ONE phone and that SAME phone wins SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR how can they not be the best manufacturers of the year. 100% of their phones are rated the best. Stop reading what YOU want to see and use sense.

%!#% apple..

and why is that?

So your basically your being prejudice?

%!#% apple..

and why is that?

So your basically your being prejudice?

Video calling? Nokia
App Store? Sidekick
HD? Samsung

Summed up everything I said in one very well articulated statement.

Video calling? Nokia
App Store? Sidekick
HD? Samsung

Summed up everything I said in one very well articulated statement.

Back
Top Bottom