Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by SensitiveLoser

these threads are always just arguments between fanboys

This 
I just hope the ipad 2 lives up to the hype and i hope its priced reasonably and the ipad 1 gets a price cut because i really don't want to buy a android tablet to be honest but the Xoom WiFi version will be copped if apple drops the ball on the ipad 2

Originally Posted by SensitiveLoser

these threads are always just arguments between fanboys

This 
I just hope the ipad 2 lives up to the hype and i hope its priced reasonably and the ipad 1 gets a price cut because i really don't want to buy a android tablet to be honest but the Xoom WiFi version will be copped if apple drops the ball on the ipad 2

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

What exactly did Apple innovate?

The first full touchscreen phone? LG

Video calling? Nokia

Full HTML web browser? Sidekick

App Store? Sidekick

MP3 player? Sony Ericsson

HD? Samsung
Sidekick had full html? How is that possible when sidekick data had to run through dangers servers to be formatted to view properly on sidekick if i am not mistaken. To innovate you don't have to be the first you have to be the BEST.

Have you ever used a Sidekick? All cell phones with data have to go through servers. That's how they work. Sure, they had to be reformatted to fit the Sidekick, but it still displayed everything you'd see on your computer, minus the Flash, of course.

Video calling? Nokia

App Store? Sidekick

HD? Samsung
Sidekick had full html? How is that possible when sidekick data had to run through dangers servers to be formatted to view properly on sidekick if i am not mistaken. To innovate you don't have to be the first you have to be the BEST.

Have you ever used a Sidekick? All cell phones with data have to go through servers. That's how they work. Sure, they had to be reformatted to fit the Sidekick, but it still displayed everything you'd see on your computer, minus the Flash, of course.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

While all those other companies may have done it first Apple is the only one to successfully integrate all of those features into one device and have a pleasurable experience for the user.

That would be the N95.

While all those other companies may have done it first Apple is the only one to successfully integrate all of those features into one device and have a pleasurable experience for the user.

That would be the N95.

Video calling? Nokia

App Store? Sidekick

HD? Samsung

You clearly have no understanding how the Sidekicks data work. Danger had their OWN servers that formated other websites basically like a tunnel for sidekick users. Similar to how a proxy works but it reformatted the sites to work for the sidekick. That is not what I would call full html. 

Video calling? Nokia

App Store? Sidekick

HD? Samsung

You clearly have no understanding how the Sidekicks data work. Danger had their OWN servers that formated other websites basically like a tunnel for sidekick users. Similar to how a proxy works but it reformatted the sites to work for the sidekick. That is not what I would call full html. 

i will upgrade simply for video conferencing (facetime) with my family while i travel.
leave my OG iPad at home with my 3 yr old son for games.
-sf77

i will upgrade simply for video conferencing (facetime) with my family while i travel.
leave my OG iPad at home with my 3 yr old son for games.
-sf77

Originally Posted by zyr12wnb

glasses.gif
glasses.gif
 price drop on iPad 1?
co-sign, ill be on the lookout
nerd.gif

That would be the N95.
Why are you trying to discredit the success of the iPhone? You keep trying to play the "___ did it first" if ____ did it so good why arent they as successful as apple? Its not like its just consumers who are rating apple products better people in the industry feel the same way. 

That would be the N95.
Why are you trying to discredit the success of the iPhone? You keep trying to play the "___ did it first" if ____ did it so good why arent they as successful as apple? Its not like its just consumers who are rating apple products better people in the industry feel the same way. 

Video calling? Nokia

App Store? Sidekick

HD? Samsung

O'RLY? Why don't you try going on a mobile version of NT on a regular cell phone and then NT on a Sidekick and tell me that's not full HTML. So what if they have to reformat? The fact of the matter is, it's still everything you'd see on the computer, minus the Flash.

Video calling? Nokia

App Store? Sidekick

HD? Samsung

O'RLY? Why don't you try going on a mobile version of NT on a regular cell phone and then NT on a Sidekick and tell me that's not full HTML. So what if they have to reformat? The fact of the matter is, it's still everything you'd see on the computer, minus the Flash.

That would be the N95.

You don't think Nokia is as successful as Apple? Nokia is the largest cell phone manufacturer in the World.
I'm not discrediting the iPhone, but people are making it seem like Apple is the first to do everything.

That would be the N95.

You don't think Nokia is as successful as Apple? Nokia is the largest cell phone manufacturer in the World.
I'm not discrediting the iPhone, but people are making it seem like Apple is the first to do everything.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

How can verizon release a phone? They are a service provider you made it seem like verizon forced moto to come out with the phones. The choice that user gets in choosing hardware simply leads into fragmentation. Why do you think osx is so successful? People are willing to sacrifice a chose in hardware for a better experience. The more variants of devices on a platform the more complex it is to develop.And really are you that much a control freak where you care about hardware selection like seriously software selection is more important than hardware selection. You make it seem as if apple devices are outdated and weak when they are released. You seem that you are too stuburn for your own good.If iPhone was really so bad and iOS was such a bad platform how did it win the Mwc conference award for best smartphone? A conference which features mostly android devices and 0 support from apple.
1. Personal preference, same thing can be said about Android users.
2. Are you talking from personal experience? I didn't know you had a key development in Android. How's 3.0 SDK working for you? v8 Javascript is a beast huh
wink.gif

3. Every device is outdated after 6 months. As an iPhone users still, I think I know what I'm talking about.

4. When did I say iPhone was such a bad OS? I've had an iPhone for 3 years, I use to develop for it. Go fall off a cliff kid 
laugh.gif

2. Personal experience you ever use something called logic? How can developing for 3 different types of devices be easier than one? This is why Java is so inefficient compared to other programming languages. Its ability to run on every type of major platform takes away from raw power. Take a programming class and maybe youd understand some form of development logic.

3. How can something be outdated when it is the leader of its platform. The only thing that can outdate an iPhone is the next iPhone. But I pose this interesting question since you want play the specs game, which piece of Android software out there is even making use of the higher specs on the phones?

And cmon

Great screen, sharp design, fantastic materials, and phenomenal ecosystem for app developers. In a tight race, the iPhone 4 built on the success of its predecessors to set the pace for smart phones.
You disregarded half of their reasoning why choosing the iPhone your a joke. How do you literally disregard the second sentence and the MOST important reason why it won. Do you really think it won because it looks pretty cmon be serious with yourself its right in the sentence.

And again you fail to use your logic. Just because they chose HTC as the best manufacturers doesnt mean it makes sense. If Apple makes ONE phone and that SAME phone wins SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR how can they not be the best manufacturers of the year. 100% of their phones are rated the best. Stop reading what YOU want to see and use sense.

1. You said more variants (phones), the more complex to develop for (Android OS), how would YOU know this unless you're a manufacturer? You're not though. Companies like Motorola, HTC, Samsung, Meizu, LG etc. have been developing phones based on the Android OS for years now, I'm sure if it was THAT complex these companies would have stuck to making there own OS/UI instead of using Google's. You sounds like your just another kid reading engagdet.com 
2. The iPhone 4 (iPad) is outdated already, you can keep lying to yourself, but if it wasn't iPad 2 wouldn't be around the corner, and the next update to the iPhone 4 (not the 5) is coming in June. Technology moves fast Einstein, but you wouldn't know that. I rather take Apple word than some dude behind a pedo Usainbolt avy. Oh, to answer your question, Atrix, Optimus Z, Galaxy S II, Nexus S. Hell even my Evo 4G uses v8 javascript (it's built into Android 2.2 OS), and there are plenty of Evos, Nexus One and S running Honeycomb 3.0 on there smartphone.

3. Oh this is getting good, let me breakdown your last paragraph,

Just because they chose HTC as the best manufacturers doesnt mean it makes sense.

fx45ja.gif

If Apple makes ONE phone and that SAME phone wins SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR how can they not be the best manufacturers of the year.

174393503.jpg

100% of their phones are rated the best. Stop reading what YOU want to see and use sense.

What I want?
laugh.gif
, I had nothing to do with the votes, it's your friends at MWC, the same people YOU brought up that gave the iPhone 4 best smart phone, also claimed HTC the best, click me, click me, link bro

I'm sure you'll comeback dropping more bitterness, I'm done with this thread. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

How can verizon release a phone? They are a service provider you made it seem like verizon forced moto to come out with the phones. The choice that user gets in choosing hardware simply leads into fragmentation. Why do you think osx is so successful? People are willing to sacrifice a chose in hardware for a better experience. The more variants of devices on a platform the more complex it is to develop.And really are you that much a control freak where you care about hardware selection like seriously software selection is more important than hardware selection. You make it seem as if apple devices are outdated and weak when they are released. You seem that you are too stuburn for your own good.If iPhone was really so bad and iOS was such a bad platform how did it win the Mwc conference award for best smartphone? A conference which features mostly android devices and 0 support from apple.
1. Personal preference, same thing can be said about Android users.
2. Are you talking from personal experience? I didn't know you had a key development in Android. How's 3.0 SDK working for you? v8 Javascript is a beast huh
wink.gif

3. Every device is outdated after 6 months. As an iPhone users still, I think I know what I'm talking about.

4. When did I say iPhone was such a bad OS? I've had an iPhone for 3 years, I use to develop for it. Go fall off a cliff kid 
laugh.gif

2. Personal experience you ever use something called logic? How can developing for 3 different types of devices be easier than one? This is why Java is so inefficient compared to other programming languages. Its ability to run on every type of major platform takes away from raw power. Take a programming class and maybe youd understand some form of development logic.

3. How can something be outdated when it is the leader of its platform. The only thing that can outdate an iPhone is the next iPhone. But I pose this interesting question since you want play the specs game, which piece of Android software out there is even making use of the higher specs on the phones?

And cmon

Great screen, sharp design, fantastic materials, and phenomenal ecosystem for app developers. In a tight race, the iPhone 4 built on the success of its predecessors to set the pace for smart phones.
You disregarded half of their reasoning why choosing the iPhone your a joke. How do you literally disregard the second sentence and the MOST important reason why it won. Do you really think it won because it looks pretty cmon be serious with yourself its right in the sentence.

And again you fail to use your logic. Just because they chose HTC as the best manufacturers doesnt mean it makes sense. If Apple makes ONE phone and that SAME phone wins SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR how can they not be the best manufacturers of the year. 100% of their phones are rated the best. Stop reading what YOU want to see and use sense.

1. You said more variants (phones), the more complex to develop for (Android OS), how would YOU know this unless you're a manufacturer? You're not though. Companies like Motorola, HTC, Samsung, Meizu, LG etc. have been developing phones based on the Android OS for years now, I'm sure if it was THAT complex these companies would have stuck to making there own OS/UI instead of using Google's. You sounds like your just another kid reading engagdet.com 
2. The iPhone 4 (iPad) is outdated already, you can keep lying to yourself, but if it wasn't iPad 2 wouldn't be around the corner, and the next update to the iPhone 4 (not the 5) is coming in June. Technology moves fast Einstein, but you wouldn't know that. I rather take Apple word than some dude behind a pedo Usainbolt avy. Oh, to answer your question, Atrix, Optimus Z, Galaxy S II, Nexus S. Hell even my Evo 4G uses v8 javascript (it's built into Android 2.2 OS), and there are plenty of Evos, Nexus One and S running Honeycomb 3.0 on there smartphone.

3. Oh this is getting good, let me breakdown your last paragraph,

Just because they chose HTC as the best manufacturers doesnt mean it makes sense.

fx45ja.gif

If Apple makes ONE phone and that SAME phone wins SMARTPHONE OF THE YEAR how can they not be the best manufacturers of the year.

174393503.jpg

100% of their phones are rated the best. Stop reading what YOU want to see and use sense.

What I want?
laugh.gif
, I had nothing to do with the votes, it's your friends at MWC, the same people YOU brought up that gave the iPhone 4 best smart phone, also claimed HTC the best, click me, click me, link bro

I'm sure you'll comeback dropping more bitterness, I'm done with this thread. 

I'm sorry, but...

roll.gif
That has GOT to be the most idiotic thing you've ever said...
laugh.gif
I actually can't believe you said that...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I'm sorry, but...

roll.gif
That has GOT to be the most idiotic thing you've ever said...
laugh.gif
I actually can't believe you said that...
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom