Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Curious as to how to update a jailbroken ipad 1 w/o losing all of my apps.

I hope I remember to check back for a response
ohwell.gif

Curious as to how to update a jailbroken ipad 1 w/o losing all of my apps.

I hope I remember to check back for a response
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by PoloRSport

Also the build from the instructions of KickHead23 is very old. Here is the instructions from the xbmc wiki. I also suggest getting the ipad 2 friendly skin. [WIP] skin.touched (touch screen skin currently iPad 4x3) I'll add that link in another post

[h1]Install XBMC on iPhone/iPad[/h1]
Prerequisites: A jailbroken iDevice with Cydia on iOS 4.1 orhigher.

Steps:

1. Tap the Cydia icon on your homescreen.

2. Go to Manage - > Sources -> Edit -> Add (Sources -> Edit -> Add on iPad)

3. Type in "http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/" (Without the quotation marks)

4. Tap on the teamXBMC source.

5. Tap on the XBMC-iOS icon.

6. Tap install, then confirm.

7. Let it install.

After the install finishes, close Cydia and tap on the XBMC icon on your homescreen.

Spoiler [+]
now how to u use this thing?
THIS.

so once i do all this to get the XMBC icon on my ipad what do i do to watch movies and TV.

Help is appreciated dying to try all this when i get off work today

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Originally Posted by PoloRSport

Also the build from the instructions of KickHead23 is very old. Here is the instructions from the xbmc wiki. I also suggest getting the ipad 2 friendly skin. [WIP] skin.touched (touch screen skin currently iPad 4x3) I'll add that link in another post

[h1]Install XBMC on iPhone/iPad[/h1]
Prerequisites: A jailbroken iDevice with Cydia on iOS 4.1 orhigher.

Steps:

1. Tap the Cydia icon on your homescreen.

2. Go to Manage - > Sources -> Edit -> Add (Sources -> Edit -> Add on iPad)

3. Type in "http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios/" (Without the quotation marks)

4. Tap on the teamXBMC source.

5. Tap on the XBMC-iOS icon.

6. Tap install, then confirm.

7. Let it install.

After the install finishes, close Cydia and tap on the XBMC icon on your homescreen.

Spoiler [+]
now how to u use this thing?
THIS.

so once i do all this to get the XMBC icon on my ipad what do i do to watch movies and TV.

Help is appreciated dying to try all this when i get off work today

I guess I picked the wrong time to jailbreak.  I had already upgraded to iOS 4.3.5. smh.   Went to jailbreakme.com and other sites didn't have a jailbreak for iPad 2 for 4.3.5 yet, just all the other iOS devices.  I tried downgrading but it didn't work.  I had it in DFU Mode trying to downgrade to IPSW 4.3.3, I kept getting error 3194 in iTunes when it was trying to verify with Apple.  I changed the hosts file and even at one point deleted it, still didn't work.  I guess I gotta just wait until a jailbreak is out for iPad 2 for  4.3.5.   I never jailbroke my iPad and didn't have the desire or need to until that XBMC with Icefilms was posted.  In the mean time I installed XBMC and Icefilms to my laptop and hooked it up with HDMI to the TV.  This is incredible.  Thanks a million to who posted that.  I had Netflix and Hulu Plus, I already cancelled Hulu and if I wanted to I could cancel Netflix too lol.  You don't even need Netflix after this.   
Obviously XBMC on the iPad is better  but for anybody that doesn't wanna jailbreak their iPad but still wanna watch Icefilm movies:

• Make sure your devices' [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Use Quicktime[/color] setting is disabled.
  • Download oPlayer onto your device and start it. The free version shows advertisements.
  • Tap the [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Web Browser[/color] icon and go to icefilms.info
  • Choose your media and then a source. Choose to proceed to the MegaUpload page.
  • Login to your MegaUpload account and click either Regular or Premium download.
  • A dialogue will pop up asking if you want to download or watch. Choose to watch.
http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19906 

I guess I picked the wrong time to jailbreak.  I had already upgraded to iOS 4.3.5. smh.   Went to jailbreakme.com and other sites didn't have a jailbreak for iPad 2 for 4.3.5 yet, just all the other iOS devices.  I tried downgrading but it didn't work.  I had it in DFU Mode trying to downgrade to IPSW 4.3.3, I kept getting error 3194 in iTunes when it was trying to verify with Apple.  I changed the hosts file and even at one point deleted it, still didn't work.  I guess I gotta just wait until a jailbreak is out for iPad 2 for  4.3.5.   I never jailbroke my iPad and didn't have the desire or need to until that XBMC with Icefilms was posted.  In the mean time I installed XBMC and Icefilms to my laptop and hooked it up with HDMI to the TV.  This is incredible.  Thanks a million to who posted that.  I had Netflix and Hulu Plus, I already cancelled Hulu and if I wanted to I could cancel Netflix too lol.  You don't even need Netflix after this.   
Obviously XBMC on the iPad is better  but for anybody that doesn't wanna jailbreak their iPad but still wanna watch Icefilm movies:

• Make sure your devices' [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Use Quicktime[/color] setting is disabled.
  • Download oPlayer onto your device and start it. The free version shows advertisements.
  • Tap the [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Web Browser[/color] icon and go to icefilms.info
  • Choose your media and then a source. Choose to proceed to the MegaUpload page.
  • Login to your MegaUpload account and click either Regular or Premium download.
  • A dialogue will pop up asking if you want to download or watch. Choose to watch.
http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19906 

Is there a free app on itune-s that will allow me to watch avi files (movies) decently on my ipad? If I find this I dont need to jailbreak at all.

Is there a free app on itune-s that will allow me to watch avi files (movies) decently on my ipad? If I find this I dont need to jailbreak at all.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

VLC Player but they yanked it.

You can use Air Video but it streams from your PC.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

VLC Player but they yanked it.

You can use Air Video but it streams from your PC.

I just got xbmc working just fine on my ipad2, i decided to change the theme to neon.

This is where the trouble starts

The live RSS feed moves fine at the top of the screen, I am unable to use any other features, not sure if this was a theme that was for remote control only use or what, but nothing on the home screen works, no matter what or how I touch it.

My question is, how can I just get back the default skin?

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and every time xbmc is opended, neon is still enabled and I can't use the application at all. I have tried putting the remote on my iphone to try and control the ipad version of XBMC, that did not work for me either, i was told it could not locate the server. I have tried putting xbmc firmware 9 on and even downgrading to 7, they are both in cydia.

how can i fix?
*fixed*

next question

anyway to enable airplay to stream this stuff to apple tv?

Back
Top Bottom